Home

Official 2006-2007 NFL schedule now available

This is a discussion on Official 2006-2007 NFL schedule now available within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-08-2006, 08:46 PM   #25
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Official 2006-2007 NFL schedule now available

Just a quick update Finn I've gotten everything figure out and am somewhat upset with myself for over analyzing this issue everything is in place now and was very simple once I looked in the right places again thank you for your time and insight.

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2006, 12:14 AM   #26
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
Just a quick update Finn I've gotten everything figure out and am somewhat upset with myself for over analyzing this issue everything is in place now and was very simple once I looked in the right places again thank you for your time and insight.

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
Glad you got it working... you could have always just installed the latest version of the editor and the schedule file would have been included.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:28 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 15

Finn.....

There's no problem with releasing the editor with my schedule already in there. Thanks for giving me credit on your webpage but you didnt have to do that. After all, if it wasnt for your editor, I would have stopped playing 2k5 a long time ago.

Anyway, I downloaded the latest version of the editor and checked the schedule. It still has that OAK/SD game at 9 pm instead of 10 pm.

Any chance on releasing an updated editor that allows you to select 10 pm when editing a game's start time? You currently have it set up from 12 pm to 9 pm.

Also, have you tried finding a way to edit the name and appearance of head coaches? I highly doubt that it's possible but with everything else that you have been able to do, I wouldnt be surprised at all if it became a reality. Personally, it's the last thing that needs to be done in order for 2k5 to become 2k6, 2k7 and beyond.

And I have one other question for you Finn. When and why did you create the ESPN NFL 2k5 editor? Me and my friend were talking about it the other day and he thinks it's because 2k is dead and I think it's because you wanted to make the game in general better.

Thanks Finn.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:30 PM   #28
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
Finn.....

There's no problem with releasing the editor with my schedule already in there. Thanks for giving me credit on your webpage but you didnt have to do that. After all, if it wasnt for your editor, I would have stopped playing 2k5 a long time ago.

Anyway, I downloaded the latest version of the editor and checked the schedule. It still has that OAK/SD game at 9 pm instead of 10 pm.

Any chance on releasing an updated editor that allows you to select 10 pm when editing a game's start time? You currently have it set up from 12 pm to 9 pm.

Also, have you tried finding a way to edit the name and appearance of head coaches? I highly doubt that it's possible but with everything else that you have been able to do, I wouldnt be surprised at all if it became a reality. Personally, it's the last thing that needs to be done in order for 2k5 to become 2k6, 2k7 and beyond.

And I have one other question for you Finn. When and why did you create the ESPN NFL 2k5 editor? Me and my friend were talking about it the other day and he thinks it's because 2k is dead and I think it's because you wanted to make the game in general better.

Thanks Finn.
I will allow 10pm in the next released version. I think your file did not get over written when you installed because you already had the schedule in the schedules folder but it was not installed by the editor installer.

The coaches is something that I have not really looked into... but I am sure once the draft hits, I'll get my 2k5 juices flowing again and try to add a few more features for 2k7.

As far as why I created the editor, I just did it to make a great game even better. Back in the day when I was creating rosters for NHL 2k3, I became frustrated that game would not allow me to do things that I needed to do in order to create the perfect roster set. Thus, I wrote my first roster editor to circumvent those restrictions and haven't looked back since. I found that I get enjoyment out of cracking the saves and writing the software. Plus I get the added bonus of being able to use the sweet rosters the editor allows you roster nuts to produce, making the games I enjoy that much better. The fact that 2k5 is dead (and it is only football game that gives me any enjoyment) is why I am still working on the editor but not why I wrote it in the first place.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:35 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
I will allow 10pm in the next released version. I think your file did not get over written when you installed because you already had the schedule in the schedules folder but it was not installed by the editor installer.

The coaches is something that I have not really looked into... but I am sure once the draft hits, I'll get my 2k5 juices flowing again and try to add a few more features for 2k7.

As far as why I created the editor, I just did it to make a great game even better. Back in the day when I was creating rosters for NHL 2k3, I became frustrated that game would not allow me to do things that I needed to do in order to create the perfect roster set. Thus, I wrote my first roster editor to circumvent those restrictions and haven't looked back since. I found that I get enjoyment out of cracking the saves and writing the software. Plus I get the added bonus of being able to use the sweet rosters the editor allows you roster nuts to produce, making the games I enjoy that much better. The fact that 2k5 is dead (and it is only football game that gives me any enjoyment) is why I am still working on the editor but not why I wrote it in the first place.
Just want to say thank you. This game is still alive because of your work.
Old 04-09-2006, 04:05 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn

Like you Finn, I have wanted to do a lot of different stuff in regards to rosters since NFL 2k1 and while 2k3 and 2k5 improved on all the editing aspects and stuff, its nowhere near what it should have been. The only difference between you and me in this regard Finn, is that you know how to write programs and everything for your editors and I dont. But, im definitely happy that someone used his own personal time to create an editor for others to use and make the game more enjoyable. And for that, I say Thank You. I have said it before and I'll say it again, you truly are a GOD.

Last summer, when I first read about this thing called an ESPN 2k5 editor, I was like, what the hell is this? Then, I went to your webpage and read all the stuff that could be done with the editor. While I was disappointed that the editor cant work for ps2 (I like the controller better then Xbox), I was happy that the chance to do all this stuff was at least available for Xbox. I bought a laptop, AR, an Xbox and 2k5 just so I could use your editor. There are a lot of things that are awesome in your editor and that I love but my favorite is the ability to change a player's position on the depth chart. This comes in so handy that its just unreal at times.

Anyway, enough of my story. I just want to say Thanks Finn for all your hard work and dedication. Long live ESPN NFL 2k5. Thanks again Finn.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:59 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3
Location: Fayetteville, NC....Mostly known for.....well....nothing.

Yeah man. A real big THANKS goes out to Finn and all the other guys on the site who put the time in to keep this game alive. We really appreciate it. Great work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2006, 05:48 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 6

First of all thanks Finn and Dan and all the other guys for keeping this game alive...

When I play a franchise with this schedule the bottom 2 games ([email protected] & [email protected]) of week 10 aren't there. Am I the only one with this problem?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »