Home

Convince's NFL 2K7 Rosters Completed!

This is a discussion on Convince's NFL 2K7 Rosters Completed! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2006, 04:48 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 14
Thumbs up ***Convince's NFL 2K7 Rosters Completed! Post-Draft(xbox)***

(Xbox Version) I worked on this roster for a long time and hopefully it will meet your approval. Mostly all of the "draftees" on present. I also spent a couple hours updating the "years" in the league. Feedback would be greatly appreciated. **Edited- I used Rickster101 2K6 roster as a base for this 2K7 roster.

I Edited the roster once more after I found that the Colts ratings was off a little. Also special teams were not set right. ex. [Santonio Homles retuning punts for the Steelers and Skyler Green for the Cowboys] {updated 5/4/2006 (9:19AM central time)} The next revision should be after June 1st cuts and then the last being hopefully in August.

P.S. If you have Flyinnfinn just go into it and change Leinart (QB)Cards to a lefty, I made him a righty for some reason.

Enjoy everyone.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_NFL2K7.zip (256.1 KB, 222 views)

Last edited by convince; 05-07-2006 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Updated roster (DB Hobbs)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2006, 07:18 PM   #2
MVP

Re: ***Convince's NFL 2K7 Rosters Completed! Post-Draft(xbox)***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
You should be banned for what you did and I'm thinking about filing/pressing charges...believe that you are a THIEF and can't be trusted so guys beware of characters like this they can't be trusted !!!
Ok.... so this isn't my battle, but seriously dude... lay off the crack pipe!

Does it really matter if he used your 'old beta' roster as a base for his? I mean ****, shouldn't we all just be happy that people are taking the time to build upon whatever they can so this game is still playable? You should take the fact that he used your roster as a base as a damn compliment man.

Oh yea.... VC actually 'owns' the rosters that you wanna press charges over. It is their proprietary file format that is in question, not yours... therefore you do not actually own the rosters.

I think you just took it personal because here is one guy who got his work out before the whole big group update that you are working as part of. He busted his *** to get the rookies into the game for people to play with... Just be happy man.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:17 PM   #3
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Convince's NFL 2K7 Rosters Completed!

I'm going to jump in here too. Honestly, Rickster I think you take this way too seriously when you take these kinds of measures and speak to the almost obsessive depth you get into with this game. I'm guessing you're spending more time trying to make sure every single player and team is completely and totally accurate to the number of eyelets in a given player's shoe than you are actually playing the game.

You can't refer to this as a "product" because you have nothing to sell. None of us do. You don't work for VC and you're not a game manufacturer. He worked off of "A" roster set that you had put out at some time and you worked off of "A" roster set at one time, just like everyone has.

All of these $5 words of morality are great, but let's keep this in perspective. We're talking about updating a video game. I don't think the guy meant any disrespect or was being malicious. I think on the other hand that you need to take a serious look at how much of this "project" is consuming the very fiber of your being.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:00 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 15

Yeah Rickster, relax bud. We're all just trying to update the 2k5 in order to keep playing it. The guy didnt mean any harm or anything so just chill out bud.

And why would you put "markers" in your roster file? What's the point? You're a good guy Rickster and im just surprised at not only how you're reacting but also by the fact that you go so far as to put "markers" in your roster file just so people wont rip off your file.

I used some created players from other's rosters and im sure that some have used some of mine including those rookies but seriously dude, who gives a damn? It's just a game. And it could be worse - we could be playing Madden.

Last edited by dan77733; 05-04-2006 at 12:05 AM.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:57 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Ok, let's all let it go, it's over with. Rickster deleted his post, Convince edited his thread, it's all good. Let's all play the damn game instead of fighting about it, lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2006, 02:23 PM   #6
Rookie

tpaterniti's Arena

OVR: 5

I would like to add my 2 cents. I have a BA in Classics and I am going to grad school at FSU next year to get my Ph.D. Much of my profession centers around research, and while it may seem like no big deal to copy something someone else has done, it really is, and is considered so by professionals as a very serious offense (not like killing someone, or course, but still serious). The offense is called plagiarism. Check out more here.

http://www.utexas.edu/cee/dec/uths/plagiarism.shtml

Unfortunately, for most, plagiarism begins in middle school out of laziness. Kids think it is easier to cut and paste a few lines than to struggle to write something. It continues through high school and all the way into college.

I put out a preliminary PS2 roster. I spent a lot of time last year and I have learned quite a bit about how to edit on the PS2. You may notice that I have added about 175 players, something that I could not approach last year, and something that required immense planning. I probably planned at least as much as I actually edited the roster. I have been keeping tabs of how long it took me to do it in a separate time log. Right now I am at about 97 hours since I started in mid-December. So you can imagine that for someone to come along, add 6-8 hours of editing attributes to your 100 hours of planning and editing, and claim that they did it all would be a little infuriating.

I am sure Rickster101 is of the same mind as I am. I wouldn't care if someone wanted to use my roster to make their own, but at least give me crediti for the work I put, and the same for him.

If you didn't know that plagiarism in all its forms is serious, it is. In college, a serious and intentional case will get you an immediate F in the class, and will leave you on probabtion or expelled, even after a 1st offence. Don't do it there, and don't do it here.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:19 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

While I understand the attempt to extrapolate plagiarism from academic discourse to the NFL 2K5 rosters, I think that its a false comparison. The OS Boards should be a community in which everyone works together to make the best rosters. The academic world is one of intense competition as different authors attempt to make their own work the preeminent writing and thought in their field. We shouldn't be doing this. While I think that some competition may be healthy in making roster edits, assuming that we should all work separately is false.

At the same time, however, I agree that you should give credit where credit is due. I highly doubt that the roster that Rick was using was completely original, but Convince should have given Rick the benefit of recognizing that the roster was a modified version of his. At the same time, we should be acting as a community and trying to make the best out of this crappy, Madden-dominated situation.

I wouldn't call what Convince did plagiarism or wrong. Yes, he should have recognized Rickster's work, but he was doing his best to provide a service to all of us without any hope of payment going to him. This isn't the real world. It's a game editing forum. Work together, and don't be selfish about your work.

That's my two cents, anyway.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:14 PM   #8
Pro

As per request I decided to delete one my post. The truth behind all this is that I don't know how long ago I download Rick's roster, but i know it was a while back. I don't know if most people tried creating a roster before but it take a lot of work and time. And the truth is I was so happy that I finally finished that i wanted to share it you guys w/o haste. If anyone thinks it is easy and I just threw something together, download the roster and look for yourself. Every prospect was rated using the sites espn and nfldraftcountdown. Also I changed the years for every player in the game (32 teams and free agents) excluding the rookies. (if you think that is easy, just try doing it for one team.)---I gave credit to rick and me and him are really okay. So guys just enjoy the roster b/c I really took my time w/ and i think you guys would be happy.

Have a great franchise w/ your team

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »