Home

Dreaded Steeler's updated ESPN 2K4 roster

This is a discussion on Dreaded Steeler's updated ESPN 2K4 roster within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2006, 10:03 PM   #1
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

OVR: 8
Dreaded Steeler's updated ESPN 2K4 roster

OK here it is, hopefully i didn't leave out anyone too important...kickers and punters were put on their correct teams, but i didn't create very many...only so many create a slots so they weren't one of the higher priorities. I did create some of this years incoming draft class.

Like i said in the other thread i did correct shoes along with some equipment updates. Ratings on some players were updated where needed using 2K5 for reference. I also went through all the depth charts, but since left or right side is not specified i'm sure they're probably not completely correct. Transactions should be up to date to the Peerless Price signing.

Overall i think it came out better than i thought it would...i'm pretty happy with it anyway...check it out and feedback, good or bad is very much appreciated.

Last edited by DreadedSteeler; 07-02-2006 at 06:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2006, 03:30 AM   #2
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Dreaded Steeler's updated ESPN 2K4 roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadedSteeler
OK here it is, hopefully i didn't leave out anyone too important...kickers and punters were put on their correct teams, but i didn't create very many...only so many create a slots so they weren't one of the higher priorities. I did create some of this years incoming draft class.

Like i said in the other thread i did correct shoes along with some equipment updates. Ratings on some players were updated where needed using 2K5 for reference. I also went through all the depth charts, but since left or right side is not specified i'm sure they're probably not completely correct. Transactions should be up to date to the Peerless Price signing.

Overall i think it came out better than i thought it would...i'm pretty happy with it anyway...check it out and feedback, good or bad is very much appreciated.

Let me start off by saying congrats on the rosters they appear to be pretty good at my first impression but after going thru a few games with the default teams my only issue arose with the running game mainly Alstot and all the FBs having such a high "Break Tackle" so I've lowered all the FBs between 40-70 in a test to off set these powerful FBs, anyone eles have any suggestions to curb the running game...its a start and just needs to be toned down abit IMO.

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
Old 04-11-2006, 03:39 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 4

Wow, I'm impressed. I don't think you could do much more without a roster editor like Finn created. I always forget how much fun the running game is in 2K4 -till you're the one trying to shut it down anyway! I still hate how you NEVER downed a kick-off in the endzone, but always brought it out and had a chance to take in back for six.

Still, not the worst NFL game ever made, and if you could just combine the best of 2K4 and 2K5 together...

This really makes me want to see a Finn Editor for 2K4.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:18 AM   #4
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

VCdolphin,
Thanks, and your right if you could combine them it would be THE game...i still love my 2K5, but right now this just feels like a brand new game to me. Love seeing those QB ratings in the 100's or around. Nice to see them take off and run with it now and then too.

Rickster,
I actually haven't had too many problems against the run yet and my sliders are currently 2 or 3 clicks above default. I'm playing coach mode, not sure if that makes a difference. I've been playing as the Steelers and Browns so far. I haven't played against Alstott yet, but you could probably just lower him...i don't think other teams use the fullback much anyway.

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:13 AM   #5
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

i still have this game thanks man
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2006, 09:58 AM   #6
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27

Thanks so much for all of your hard work on this DreadedSteeler....it is much appreciated!

Did you reach the re-naming limit? I've never messed with editing 2k4, but once you reach the limit does it not even let you rename an existing player in the game?

I think we should try again to see if Finn would consider a 2k4 editor. It wouldn't need to be anything as extravagant as 2k5's --- just having the ability to do some renaming and global editing would be enough to keep 2k4 alive.

Are any of you willing to "put your money where your mouth is" with a PayPal donation to Finn if he would agree to work on a 2k4 editor?

Last edited by Flyermania; 04-11-2006 at 02:24 PM.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:23 PM   #7
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

Flyer,
Thanks, and I did reach the rename limit...there are 141 created players that can be renamed although the position cannot be changed on the first 94 created players...the last 47 are fully editable.

Not being able to assign punt and kick returners is pretty annoying...i guess i'd have to put Quincy Morgan last on the depth chart to return kicks? or i guess it could be done in the in game sub menu...oh well.

Last edited by DreadedSteeler; 04-11-2006 at 02:31 PM.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:26 PM   #8
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27

What about non-created players --- players that were already in the game? For example, if you wanted to re-name Peyton Manning to Joe Smith....would the game let you do that?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »