Home

dan77733's ESPN NFL 2k5 "franchise2k6" file (includes 50 2006 Draft Class rookies)

This is a discussion on dan77733's ESPN NFL 2k5 "franchise2k6" file (includes 50 2006 Draft Class rookies) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2006, 02:06 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 15
dan77733's ESPN NFL 2k5 "franchise2k6" file (includes 50 2006 Draft Class rookies)

Hey everyone, here is my "franchise2k6" file. It uses my "roster2k6" file.

Features -

- 50 rookies from the 2006 Draft Class are already included and can be seen in the Draft Class option in Finn's editor as well as in-game in the rookie scouting option that appears after Week 7
- All 50 rookies from the 2006 Draft Class have been globally edited (my setup can be seen in the "roster2k6" topic) while the generated rookies are as is
- All 50 rookies from the 2006 Draft Class are listed below along with their overall rating and are projected first and second round draft picks
- All 50 rookies from the 2006 Draft Class were created in the Draft Class option in Finn's editor, version .280
- All 50 rookies from the 2006 Draft Class are accurate in terms of personal information such as height, weight, date of birth, etc.
- All 50 rookies from the 2006 Draft Class are 50/50 in terms of being accurate to player equipment. I used photos for the majority of players by searching on Yahoo
- All 50 rookies from the 2006 Draft Class are also 50/50 in terms of skin tone and face type. You wont see a black player white or vice versa but the faces may be "off" but there's nothing that can really be done about it except trying to select the closest skin tone and face possible to match the actual player
- No FB, K and P were created (sorry)
- The entire Draft Class has had their photo's removed
- The entire Draft Class has had their body type adjusted (my setup can be seen in the "roster2k6" topic)
- All 32 teams are "user" controlled
- 2005 NFL Schedule has already been loaded in-file (the KC/MIA game from Week 7 has also been changed to a Friday night matchup)
- All Saints "home" games are still played in the Superdome
- Auto substitutions have been preset (5% in / 5% out)
- Injury status has also been preset (healthy)
- Substitutions for 2 teams have also been preset and are posted below
- All 32 teams are under the salary cap

Notes -

- Some "generated" rookies may actually be better then the "real" rookies so you may want to adjust those players.
- The "edit rookies" option is turned off in-game as a "heads up". It's not advised to edit any rookies in-game. Any editing that you may want to do should be done in Finn's editor before any games have been played or simulated. This is strongly recommended as I dont know what will happen if editing is done in-game. I have noticed that when editing in Finn's editor and then editing in-game seems to screw things up and vice versa. In other words, its better to do your editing one way or the other, not both.
- I have tested out the franchise file by simulating the 2005 season week by week and going through the off-season period by period. I also went through the free agent wire, scouting combine and the NFL Draft itself. There were no freezing or lock-up issues at any time. I was able to start the 2006 season without any problems. Please be advised that if you simulate the NFL Draft, there is a slight "pause" at times but dont be alarmed as its just the disc spinning and loading the list of players being drafted.
- I have not tested out playing the actual games themselves but im going to be playing an Eagles franchise starting tomorrow (Monday) and should finish the season within 2 to 3 days. If I encounter any problems whatsoever, I will post them here to let everyone know and be aware of what they are.
- I have not tested out importing and/or exporting the Draft Class.
- The options that my franchise are set on will be posted below.

As always, a HUGE thanks to Finn for making all this possible. He truly is a GOD. Thanks, Finn.

Also, feedback is wanted whether its positive or negative. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_franchise2.zip (256.5 KB, 216 views)

Last edited by dan77733; 03-14-2006 at 11:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2006, 02:27 AM   #2
Banned

Re: dan77733's ESPN NFL 2k5 "franchise2k6" file (includes 50 2006 Draft Class rookies)

2006 Draft Class -

QB
Matt Leinart (82)
Vince Young (82)
Jay Cutler (80)

RB
Reggie Bush (82)
DeAngelo Williams (80)
LenDale White (80)
Laurence Maroney (77)

WR
Chad Jackson (82)
Santonio Holmes (80)
Sinorice Moss (80)

TE
Vernon Davis (82)
Leonard Pope (77)
Mercedes Lewis (75)
Dominique Byrd (72)
Anthony Fasano (70)

C
Nick Mangold (75)

OG
Javin Joseph (75)
Charles Spencer (72)

OT
D'Brickashaw Ferguson (82)
Winston Justice (80)
Eric Winston (80)
Marcus McNeill (77)
Jonathan Scott (77)

DT
Haloti Ngata (82)
Brodrick Bunkley (80)
Gabe Watson (80)
Claude wroten (77)
Jonathan Lewis (75)

DE
Mario Williams (82)
Tamba Hali (80)
Manny Lawson (80)
Mathias Kiwanuka (77)
Kamerion Wimbley (75)

OLB
A.J. Hawk (82)
Chad Greenway (80)
Bobby Carpenter (77)
Ernie Sims (75)
DeMeco Ryans (72)
Thomas Howard (70)

MLB
D'Qwell Jackson (77)

CB
Jimmy Williams (82)
Antonio Cromartie (80)
Tye Hill (80)
Kelly Jennings (77)
Richard Marshall (77)
Ashton Youboty (75)

SS
Jason Allen (77)

FS
Michael Huff (82)
Ko Simpson (80)
Darnell Bing (77)

Note -

Be advise that once you enter the 2006 regular season, all rookies will increase or decrease in rating. Since I didnt want to know, I didnt check to see what rookies increased or decreased.

Special Note -

DE Manny Lawson will be switched to OLB if he's drafted by a 3-4 defensive team (my pick is NE). Listed below is his attributes for OLB if you choose to switch his position -

Pass Rush - 72
Run Coverage - 75
Catch - 20
Stamina - 80
Aggressiveness - 70

All remaining attributes remain as is.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:31 AM   #3
Banned

Re: dan77733's ESPN NFL 2k5 "franchise2k6" file (includes 50 2006 Draft Class rookies)

Team Substitutions (preset) -

Team / Formation / Position / Player (original player) -

49ers / Dime / FS / Tony Parrish (Ben Emanuel)
Eagles / Nickel / OLB / Dhani Jones (Mark Simoneau)
Old 03-13-2006, 02:48 AM   #4
Banned

General Options -

Game Options -

Quarter Length - 5 minutes
Play Calling - By Formation
Challenges - On
Coach Mode - Off
Performance EQ - Off
Multiple Hot Routes - Off

Difficulty -

Legend (as is)

Presentation -

Player Indicator Text - Name
Action Replays - Off
Stat Overlays - On
On Screen Text - On
Sports Ticker - Off
Vibration - Off
Audio Presentation - Custom
TV Broadcast Volume - Max
PA Volume - Max
Sound Effects Volume - Max
Crowd Volume - Max
Player Voice Volume - Max
Menu Music Volume - Off

Penalties - All on (as is)
Controller Setup - Default

---

Franchise Options -

VIP - Off
Weekly Preparation - Off
First Person Football - Off
Pre Season - On
Trade Deadline - On
Owner Firing - Off
Edit Rookies - Off
Auto Draft Players - Off
Auto Sign Draft Picks - Off
Auto Re-Sign Players - Off
Auto Sign and Cut - Off
Auto Update Depth Chart - Off
Sim. Quarter Length - 5 minutes
Old 03-13-2006, 02:54 AM   #5
Banned

CPU Trades -

For those of you who hate it when the CPU makes stupid trades but only want to control one team, here's a trick on how to eliminate them.

Check the Trading Block every week between Weeks 2 and 7. If there are any players available on the trading block, use Finn's editor to switch control from CPU to USER for those teams that have players available on the trading block and simply remove them. Then, switch those teams back to CPU in Finn's editor.

It's a pain in the butt to do but the bright side is that those stupid CPU trades can be avoided.

Note -

This doesnt avoid the CPU releasing and signing players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2006, 04:42 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: dan77733's ESPN NFL 2k5 "franchise2k6" file (includes 50 2006 Draft Class rookies

hey could post the draft class in free angentcy so we could just asign them to team
Old 03-14-2006, 01:43 AM   #7
Banned

Re: dan77733's ESPN NFL 2k5 "franchise2k6" file (includes 50 2006 Draft Class rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWZZR
hey could post the draft class in free angentcy so we could just asign them to team
Sorry, but the only way for me to do that would be to re-create all 50 players in a roster file and honestly, I dont have the patience to do that. In fact, the roster and franchise files that I just finished will be the ones I use until September when I create my "roster2k7" and "franchise2k7" files. Sorry.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:50 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
I have not tested out playing the actual games themselves but im going to be playing an Eagles franchise starting tomorrow (Monday) and should finish the season within 2 to 3 days. If I encounter any problems whatsoever, I will post them here to let everyone know and be aware of what they are.
3) I do have some bad news though and im sure some people will be mad but dont worry, im mad as well and had to quit my Eagles franchise because of it. I have come across a bug/glitch or whatever you want to call it that starts in week 2 of the regular season and doesnt end.

The starting QB becomes the damn punt returner. This happens to every team that is CPU controlled. I have realized that its my roster update itself that does this. I have never had any problems in "quick game" but in franchise, the damn computer changes around the depth charts and the kick and punt returners once you start week 2 of the regular season. I have read about this happening to other people but until now, I have never had it happen.

I want to apologize for this problem there is a solution. It is however a huge pain in the butt. Once you finish week 1, save your franchise and use Finn's editor to switch all CPU teams to "user". Then, edit every team's punt returner to who it should be (or who you want it to be) and save your franchise. Then, use Finn's editor to switch all the "user" teams back to CPU. What makes this worse is that this must be done every damn week for every damn team for your entire franchise run including pre-season. Once the playoffs start, this only has to be done for the playoff teams. If anyone actually does this, be sure that every team that you dont actually play with is set as CPU before entering the off-season. The only bright side to this damn problem is that while doing this, you can remove any player from the trading block and avoid all those damn trades.

Again, I want to apologize for this problem. I'm very mad and upset at this because every damn time I start a franchise with the hopes of making it pass the first season (which has never happened for me in 2k5) without any damn problems, I always seem to come across one. It's sad, I tested out my franchise file making sure that there wasnt any freezing, lock ups or damaged files that I never even thought of this damn problem until I came across it earlier today. Arggggg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
I have not tested out importing and/or exporting the Draft Class.
Franchise2k6 update -

For those who are using my "franchise2k6" file, I have come across a problem with "exporting/importing" my Draft Class. Dont waste your time. After I deleted my Eagles franchise file, I figured that since I wasnt in the mood to play 2k5, I would test out exporting and importing my Draft Class into a franchise file that was using the game's default roster. I was mainly testing this out because I thought that editing the Draft Class might be the reason as to why that damn "starting QB punt returner" problem was happening. It wasnt and cant be as the "starting QB punt returner" problem still happens when using my "roster2k6" file in a new franchise.

Anyway, when I imported the Draft Class into a new franchise, most of the players first names are messed up in-game. They all appear fine in the editor but once I checked rookie scouting, it was all messed up. Even Jay Cutler and Matt Leinart disappeared or were renamed completely. So, dont bother wasting your time "exporting/importing" my Draft Class into your own franchise.

And once again, im sorry about that damn "starting QB punt returner" problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »