Home

Ok, let's give it a shot: COMMUNITY ROSTER/DRAFT UPDATE, everyone get in here

This is a discussion on Ok, let's give it a shot: COMMUNITY ROSTER/DRAFT UPDATE, everyone get in here within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2006, 06:04 PM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Ok, let's give it a shot: COMMUNITY ROSTER/DRAFT UPDATE, everyone get in here

Are those the final ratings of the un rookie players
Old 05-02-2006, 06:09 PM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Ok, let's give it a shot: COMMUNITY ROSTER/DRAFT UPDATE, everyone get in here

Well, I'll wait until about 8pm EST for his most updated version. Bascically, JWZZR, mail me your most updated version, [email protected] ...

I will rename it to "BASE" as to not confuse anyone and start up a new thread tonight that will be specifically catered to this project. I actually quit my job today lol so I definitely have some time on my hands until at least this Saturday, so I would like to begin the NFC East tonight and hopefully have it done asap. So basically, we're waiting on you, JWZZR.

Quote:
Are those the final ratings of the un rookie players
Again, none of the ratings are/will be final until all divisions are done and all rookie caps are created. The majority of the ratings for the non-rookie players will be changed after were are done with the actual roster. So basically, the only thing we are working on in this roster are the placement of Free Agents, trades, and the rookies (which includes the rookie ratings, of course).

Last edited by Flipmo23; 05-02-2006 at 06:12 PM.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:33 PM   #91
Rookie

I was taking a look at the draft analyzer on nfl.com, and I believe the scale is 1-9 on the ratings, so the highest a player can receive is a 90. You may need to adjust to scale. For example, if a player got 6.5, than you would divide it by 9 (6.5/9) to get the rating of 72. If you just multiply by ten, the player would only receive a 65 rating. You may need to adjust the rating for the rookies that have a 9 rating for something. Just a thought…

Keep up the great work guys, can’t wait for the release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2006, 07:44 PM   #92
Rookie

OVR: 3

I see that, and I'm keeping it the same, only because we're working around it by adding the +5 and +10 in some categories. We don't want the rookies to have outstanding ratings, that allows for some development in franchise. So in reality, a 9 translates to a 100, which we do NOT want. So we're going to stick with the current formula.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:52 PM   #93
Rookie

Yeah I agree, that the overall ratings of the players would be too high. the current way is probably best. Only way is if you adjust CON stat because they're rookies or come up with a formula were it wouldn't give that ratings such a big boost (ex. x/9 - 4), or something to that effect. The current way is probably the easiest way, while still coming up with good ratings.

Last edited by R2_New; 05-02-2006 at 07:59 PM.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:59 PM   #94
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2_New
I was taking a look at the draft analyzer on nfl.com, and I believe the scale is 1-9 on the ratings, so the highest a player can receive is a 90. You may need to adjust to scale. For example, if a player got 6.5, than you would divide it by 9 (6.5/9) to get the rating of 72. If you just multiply by ten, the player would only receive a 65 rating. You may need to adjust the rating for the rookies that have a 9 rating for something. Just a thought…

Keep up the great work guys, can’t wait for the release.

I don't think we'll be that specific though because those ratings and scales are based off of "Real" NFL players in the "Lliteral" sense we're doing this in the "Virtual" sense as in a game or fantasty we have some room to manuver sense we're only attempting to mimick "Real" NFL players in the "Fantasty/Video game aspect so our ratings will be as close as possible we still have to keep inmind its still a video game and only is suppose to be a very well put together "Sports" simulation calculated and re-programmed to "Simulate" Football as accuratly as possible...so we have room and options to use that "1" point for things that translate into the "Fantasty/video/cyber aspects of an NFL Football simulation...we're good but its still a video game and the numbers and statistical data used over the tenure of 2Ks existance has serverd well up to this point using such data and info...bottom line is that even though the numbers my appear off to you the games hardcode engine and programing Dynamics will be more forgiving by us roster maker as opposed to actually trying to figure out the square root of something and confuse guys...thats why I mentioned the "KISS" method and it works for a better understanding of actually playing and editing the game guys can relate to so thats why we "Keep It Sweet and Simple" and also that way everybody understands the edits and basic concepts found in the established "STANDARDS" so no one should need a "Degree' just come, contribute, play and have fun doing it!!!

P.S.
Thank you for your close obsevations and pointing this out but I don't think it'll be a problem continuing on with what we've set up her but who knows that one point could make a big difference but right now I don't think so...you feelin' me on this? Trust me things will be fine and you'll have more fun playin' instead of tweakin' trying to figure it out...we've been here before!!!

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101

Last edited by Rickster101; 05-02-2006 at 08:22 PM.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:46 PM   #95
Rookie

OVR: 5

hey what do we do for for atrributes that NFLDA dont have like strength for Db and ive also seen people who they did give grades to what do we do
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2006, 11:01 PM   #96
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWZZR
hey what do we do for for atrributes that NFLDA dont have like strength for Db and ive also seen people who they did give grades to what do we do

What do we do well lets see this is a "Community" project and the first team/divisions are being worked on as we speak by Flipmo23 now since no one other then Flipmo23 is actually working the file I'd ask him how he arrived at adjusting that attribute since he's about to post it shortly after he's completed his portion of the roster.

I myself haven't seen it yet but he has so you should wait and see how its done and not read too much into it after all we're all following the same suit so lets see how the "NFC East" yeilds and be patient he'll explain that as he's the man right now doing the work and has seen it, I'm sure theres a rational and reasonable explanation so don't panic on us and remain calm and focus we're doing our best!!!

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »