Home

Ok, let's give it a shot: COMMUNITY ROSTER/DRAFT UPDATE, everyone get in here

This is a discussion on Ok, let's give it a shot: COMMUNITY ROSTER/DRAFT UPDATE, everyone get in here within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2006, 10:24 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Ok, let's give it a shot: COMMUNITY ROSTER/DRAFT UPDATE, everyone get in here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
Damn JWZZR you're gonna give somebody wiplash with stuff like that! j/k

Well as you know at this time your roster is now the "Base" set but I see you've joined us with something eles I think it might be a good idea to tell us whats going on with this newest release before we get a full head of steam going here...its important we know whats in the roster so please enlighten us we may need to make a switch...stand-by Flipmo23 we'vre trying to get a "Live" feed now...JWZZR you there...?

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
yes i am here we are live

i just move some players around and made some more rookies
Old 05-01-2006, 10:32 PM   #50
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Ok, let's give it a shot: COMMUNITY ROSTER/DRAFT UPDATE, everyone get in here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWZZR
yes i am here we are live

i just move some players around and made some more rookies

OK lets try this again bro, just what did you do and I know I sound like you're being grilled and that light is swingin' over your head in a "Dark" room somplace in a "Hostile" overseas but trust me I wanna get outta here too...so...again...who, where, and what did you do...I want names and then you're "Free" to leave the "Hostile" and get some sleep, we need details or not but inquiring minds want to know...what did you do?

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
Old 05-01-2006, 10:37 PM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
OK lets try this again bro, just what did you do and I know I sound like you're being grilled and that light is swingin' over your head in a "Dark" room somplace in a "Hostile" land overseas but trust me I wanna get outta here too...so...again...who, where, and what did you do...I want names and then you're "Free" to leave the "Hostile" and get some sleep, we need details or not but inquiring minds want to know...what did you do?

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
well i made some third round picks

place alot of rookies on there teams&did there numbers.

I move faine and holis thomas to the saints and move artis Hicks to the Vikings. forgot to place Te Brandon Maleona(Rams) to the chargers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2006, 10:43 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
OK lets try this again bro, just what did you do and I know I sound like you're being grilled and that light is swingin' over your head in a "Dark" room somplace in a "Hostile" overseas but trust me I wanna get outta here too...so...again...who, where, and what did you do...I want names and then you're "Free" to leave the "Hostile" and get some sleep, we need details or not but inquiring minds want to know...what did you do?
Rickster101
Personally, I just want to know to what extent, pick-wise, did you create players. Up to what pick # did you create? That way, we know who is out there to edit, and who is not. Also, let's not have like a million editions of the rosters. Let's settle on one final one by at least the end of the night.

Also Rickster, I would like your input as to how we will be doing this as a community roster. If you ask me, we should go about it the following way:

Take JW/SN's roster, update it to the best our our ability FA/trades-wise, and then split the project up into groups of nfl teams.

Example, my job is to do the NFC East. So I would make sure all the teams in the NFC East are correct, and create the appropriate rookies for that team. So we're talking 7 players per team or so. Then, I would save the teams that I edited in Finn's editor. When everyone is done with their assigned division, we assemble all 32 edited, saved teams, and have one of us (i'll volunteer, no problem) import them into one roster file, and poof, community project is done.

This is the best way I can think of to do it as it allows everyone involved to work on the project at the same time. What do you think?
Old 05-01-2006, 10:53 PM   #53
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
well i made some third round picks

place alot of rookies on there teams&did there numbers.

I move faine and holis thomas to the saints and move artis Hicks to the Vikings. forgot to place Te Brandon Maleona(Rams) to the chargers

Can you recall just how many third round picks or would it be possible to go over the file yourself and complile a list of the players you've included for the update you "Droped" here or better yet just PM me later so you'll have more time to do some thangs and get it all figured out.

I am a patient man after all but the "BASE" roster is up and I'm trying to see if this one should its replacement but you're not giving up much here bro and that roster is good enough to go on with unless you can update me on its statis "Right Here, Right Now", stand up and deliever bro how much better or updated is this?

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
Old 05-01-2006, 10:58 PM   #54
Rookie

Quote:
Can you recall just how many third round picks or would it be possible to go over the file yourself and complile a list of the players you've included for the update you "Droped" here or better yet just PM me later so you'll have more time to do some thangs and get it all figured out.

I am a patient man after all but the "BASE" roster is up and I'm trying to see if this one should its replacement but you're not giving up much here bro and that roster is good enough to go on with unless you can update me on its statis "Right Here, Right Now", stand up and deliever bro how much better or updated is this?
Worse comes to worse, we use another file. I think figuring out how the community update will work is more important at this point as we have many rosters to choose as our BASE. Refer to my previous post, I would appreciate your input.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:03 PM   #55
Rookie

yeah bytonight i ll have all first day picks with right height weight and Dte of birth(note player from miami will have there dob estimated because i just cant find theres)

this would be much easier if we all had skype
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2006, 11:11 PM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
yeah bytonight i ll have all first day picks with right height weight and Dte of birth(note player from miami will have there dob estimated because i just cant find theres)

this would be much easier if we all had skype
We should all at least have AIM, much faster way to communicate. So get it here if you don't www.aim.com .... my screename is Martinomarbury

Also, if you are going to have all the first day picks, have ALL of them. That way, we are sure of EXACTLY who is already in the roster.

Last edited by Flipmo23; 05-01-2006 at 11:31 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »