Home

Ok, let's give it a shot: COMMUNITY ROSTER/DRAFT UPDATE, everyone get in here

This is a discussion on Ok, let's give it a shot: COMMUNITY ROSTER/DRAFT UPDATE, everyone get in here within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2006, 11:30 PM   #57
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Ok, let's give it a shot: COMMUNITY ROSTER/DRAFT UPDATE, everyone get in here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipmo23
Personally, I just want to know to what extent, pick-wise, did you create players. Up to what pick # did you create? That way, we know who is out there to edit, and who is not. Also, let's not have like a million editions of the rosters. Let's settle on one final one by at least the end of the night.

Also Rickster, I would like your input as to how we will be doing this as a community roster. If you ask me, we should go about it the following way:

Take JW/SN's roster, update it to the best our our ability FA/trades-wise, and then split the project up into groups of nfl teams.

Example, my job is to do the NFC East. So I would make sure all the teams in the NFC East are correct, and create the appropriate rookies for that team. So we're talking 7 players per team or so. Then, I would save the teams that I edited in Finn's editor. When everyone is done with their assigned division, we assemble all 32 edited, saved teams, and have one of us (i'll volunteer, no problem) import them into one roster file, and poof, community project is done.

This is the best way I can think of to do it as it allows everyone involved to work on the project at the same time. What do you think?

I don't think its too early to start dividing up anything just yet but lets see what interest the posted roster generates for support and guys interested in partcipating, heres what I think about how we should proceed....

Since you've basically provided me an idea thats not all that original really, first guys should want to pick or select a team of their choice (yeah we still do that here) and make the proper addtions as in rookies and FA moves ect,ect if you work your own team you truely are part of a "Community" project and have actually contributed.

This would be done by passing he roster among the guys doing the real work that way no one get accused of doing some funny strange stuff with it...trust me strange things can happen and people will get bent outta shape so here it is in a nut shell....one "FILE" just one and it'll be shared among the "Community" one or a group of guys working it until they've completed their team.

Once you've completed your team post what changes in the roster you've done in detail or don't bother this is a community roster so please respect the work in it done by that community and associated members.

Since you've stated you'd like to do the NFC East do your team/teams there or better yet just state what team or teams you'll do and take the roster update your team and contributions with a post letting us know what you've done and re-post the "FILE" for the next person to work off of.

I myself would like to work out of the AFC East and concentrate on the Browns and Steelers after whomever passes it on by re-posting the "FILE" remember we only need to work one roster the "Community" roster!!!

Now this is just my opinion on what and how I would approach putting together this type of roster and a list might be needed so we know who is working what team to keep track and everyone one the same page so we all must keep each informed as to what changes to the roster we make.

After the roster has been updated and set the old "FILE" roster should be deleted from the site as to avoid any conflicts however a back-up file will be avaible if something should happen while you're working it this way and nothing is ever truly lost due to a "FILE" corruption or mishap so to guys familiar with Finns editor you understand why this is important.

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
Old 05-01-2006, 11:34 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Ok, let's give it a shot: COMMUNITY ROSTER/DRAFT UPDATE, everyone get in here

Would that be the best way? I mean, wouldn't that take a really long time? I figure if everyone worked on their teams, and just exported the teams, we could all do our part at the same time, and when all the teams are done, the .2k5team files could be emailed to me and I would put them all into one roster file. At that point, we would have one file with all the rookies and we could work from there to make it even more accurate with whatever FA signings/trades took place.

Either way, I'm down for whatever process is better.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:42 PM   #59
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

Haha, I kinda got lost... I know we're using ZW's base but I didn't catch much after that. What's going on?
Old 05-01-2006, 11:48 PM   #60
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
Haha, I kinda got lost... I know we're using ZW's base but I didn't catch much after that. What's going on?
Looks like we're going to get started. Basically, we're all going to pick a division that we are going to "update". So basically, let's say I start off with the file. I update my division (I'm doing the NFC EAST teams). I update all the FA and trades, and I put in the rookies. I create the rookies based STRICTLY on the rubric in the first post, and put them on their respective teams. Update the depth charts, and that's it, my part is done.

At that point I would then post the file in the community thread, delete the previous file, and the next person in line would take that file and update their assigned division.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:50 PM   #61
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

Ah-ha! Gotcha. Sounds good to me so far. Although, doesn't ZW's base file have most if not all of the FA/trades already done for us?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2006, 11:54 PM   #62
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
Ah-ha! Gotcha. Sounds good to me so far. Although, doesn't ZW's base file have most if not all of the FA/trades already done for us?
Yes, which makes it that much easier.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:57 PM   #63
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipmo23
Would that be the best way? I mean, wouldn't that take a really long time? I figure if everyone worked on their teams, and just exported the teams, we could all do our part at the same time, and when all the teams are done, the .2k5team files could be emailed to me and I would put them all into one roster file. At that point, we would have one file with all the rookies and we could work from there to make it even more accurate with whatever FA signings/trades took place.

Either way, I'm down for whatever process is better.

Everyone is alot of people bro and not everyone is familiar with the "Export" feature as you and I are, we're a minority and we've got time actually I'm not all that secure in the editors "Export" feature I've seen what others have experienced and that is probably the one most frustrating time consuming features to work with using Finns editor I personally have little faith in its function or irratic behavior however if you've mastered its so-so stability them I'd use it as a personel pet project because using it for this long hasn't shown to be worth the effort IMO and still using it would be somewhat slighting the "Spirit" of a "Community" roster because some guys just aren't skilled at its use of function besides it'd be fun to actually see it grow...besides theres still aways to go as for a serious bonified NFL roster!!!

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
Old 05-02-2006, 12:00 AM   #64
Rookie

Rickster, we're sticking with your idea.

AS ALWAYS, THE FIRST PAGE IS UPDATED WITH ALL NEW INFO, AT LEAST UNTIL I START THE NEW, OFFICIAL THREAD TOMORROW EVENING. THIS LOOKS LIKE IT WILL BE GREAT.

I have work tomorrow morning, so with that, I am out. See all you guys tomorrow evening, around 7-8 ET. Hopefully we can get this off the ground tomorrow night.

Last edited by Flipmo23; 05-02-2006 at 12:04 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »