Home

Another Roster project from 2K board

This is a discussion on Another Roster project from 2K board within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2006, 04:43 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Another Roster project from 2K board

Good stuff. The more people the better.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:38 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 9

I played two more complete games and the results are really great,again I tell you all out there to take this roster as base to create the new 2006/2007 roster,as the gameplay is simply amazing,even if the rookies are too high rated,and the "stamina" is too high for every player on the field!
Old 05-23-2006, 01:59 PM   #19
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bascape666
I played two more complete games and the results are really great,again I tell you all out there to take this roster as base to create the new 2006/2007 roster,as the gameplay is simply amazing,even if the rookies are too high rated,and the "stamina" is too high for every player on the field!

True they do play a great game of Football but IMO they're not near being ready as Dan77733 roster done in Jan it has about the best balance edits ever IMO. Why you might ask?

The edits have been done so to include salary caps for every player thus making them the "Prime" chose for actually starting a base, this is probably one of the best rosters available without edits, salary cap friendly and he edited and went through 1,948 players to ensure they were done right.

These rosters of Dan77733s started in Jan of this year and followed up in March, now those rosters are what I would have used but due to a very minor hic-cup involving the return game and a lack of rookies it wasn't but looking back on things it might have made a better base due to those salary cap numbers he set up, now thats something I haven't seen anyone take a look at and it helps the game being set up very "Cap Friendly" and the ratings are inline with the games actually gameplay.

Check out his "Final cuts/Opening Kickoff 2005 Roster" dated 01-04-06 they are nicely done and also check out his "Dan77733's ESPN NFL 2K5 Roster File-"Roster 2K6" dated 03-12-06 those are about the best you'll find for a real base starting from a excellent set-up and done to the letter as far as details go....they'd make a better base IMO and you can trust the edits.

One version has edits the other doesn't but both are excellent rosters with that one again very minor issue and at this time its likely he has already solved it! And if not its still a better roster period because you know "Exactly" what you get and what it is....like I stated it would make a better starting point if another one was chosen here at "OS...Da Spot"!!!

Like I said before he's good and the rosters play a great game but theres more to a roster then just great gameplay it has to be "Balanced" and set-up right to those avoid gaming issues we're all aware of by now.

I don't think NFL 2Ks intentions were to include any "Franchise" play....the rosters done here at OS including the "Community' roster do and we deliver on all points and aspects of the game ranging from the "Exhibition" mode to the full blown out mode know as "Franchise", he's good but still we've been at this awhile and know what he's presenting with his rosters and most guys see them as they are rosters with great gameplay and a presentation that almost rivials VCs own thus the name and title for them.....

NFL 2K5 Enhancement Pak!

They do just that and them some in an excellent presentation, gameplay and documentation of what they're all about and for that I give him serious props and only wished he would have used lower edits to include them for use in Franchise modes and tested them for that to see if they would play well there but hes done enough with these to start and so far their just beggin' for some serious rookies and roster moves to compliment them.

All in all the best rosters out on the net not posted yet belong to the "Crew" of OS...Da Spot" we deliver and do them the right way from the top to the bottom we try to cover all the gameplay modes and set them up user friendly for all to enjoy members and non-members with a support group here that does respond to its "Community" and inturn we work using input from the community and guys offering support in comments and ideas that help the process move along....thats what we're about being and maintaining the "Best" you'll see out there!!!

We ain't done yet and its not over the bet has yet to come....you feel me?

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101

Last edited by Rickster101; 05-23-2006 at 02:01 PM.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:22 PM   #20
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Rick, you be goin off with your post....settle down..... Lol
Old 05-23-2006, 03:44 PM   #21
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

I agree....once you hit your third set of quotes, bro, it's time to write the conclusion for the day's thesis.....lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2006, 03:46 PM   #22
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Rick, you be goin off with your post....settle down..... Lol

What do you mean, his rosters are good, I'm just stating my thoughts and opinions from my obsevations and you're welcome to state yours so you settle down and let expressions be read, heard or whatever just keep it real and say whats on your mind as long as its not being rude or offensive so check yourself Noplace this is a public forum with rules and a TOS and I haven't offended you or anyone eles here and am free to state and express my thoughts opinions as you are yours....so you settle down or simply don't read them simple as that.

Now do you have a thought, comment and/or opinion to express of your own? If so I'm not going to stop you so what is your problem with you not wanting others to have "Free" independent thought?

This isn't about me so comment on the threads and NFL2Ks rosters and don't worry about my comments they are not directed at you personally whats your problem? I'm not bothering you or calling you out just EXPRESSING my thoughts and opinions and I feel confident in doing so.

Focus on the rosters being presented here not me I am not you and do not want to be your topic of discussion so stop it already before you start and comment on the thread and its topic not me.

Please remain focus and stay on topic....the rosters not about me or you but the thread and again its topic and subject matter....thank you very much.

P.S.

I find it strange you found this guys roster set and thread from another site linked it here and now you're crying foul because I not saying what you want to hear....kinda hipocritic of you isn't it?

I reply and you don't want me to comment but yet you brought it here not me YOU brought this here at this site so let me express my opinions as others here have and you can to just say whats on your mind about the rosters and leave me out of it I'm not the focus here his (NFL2K) are and I like em'....like em' alot!

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101

Last edited by Rickster101; 05-23-2006 at 04:00 PM.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:02 PM   #23
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
What do you mean, his rosters are good, I'm just stating my thoughts and opinions from my obsevations and you're welcome to state yours so you settle down and let expressions be read, heard or whatever just keep it real and say whats on your mind as long as its not being rude or offensive so check yourself Noplace this is a public forum with rules and a TOS and I haven't offended you or anyone eles here and am free to state and express my thoughts opinions as you are yours....so you settle down or simply don't read them simple as that.

Now do you have a thought, comment and/or opinion to express of your own? If so I'm not going to stop you so what is your problem with you not wanting others to have "Free" independent thought?

This isn't about me so comment on the threads and NFL2Ks rosters and don't worry about my comments they are not directed at you personally whats your problem? I'm not bothering you or calling you out just EXPRESSING my thoughts and opinions and I feel confident in doing so.

Focus on the rosters being presented here not me I am not you and do not want to be your topic of discussion so stop it already before you start and comment on the thread and its topic not me.

Please remain focus and stay on topic....the rosters not me or you but the thread and again its topic and subject matter....thank you very much.

P.S.

I find it strange you found this guys roster set and thread from another site linked it here and now you're crying foul because I not saying what you want to hear....kinda hipocritic of you isn't it?

I reply and you don't want me to comment but yet you brought it here not me YOU brought this here at this site so let me express my opinions as others here have and you can to just say whats on your mind about the rosters and leave me out of it I'm not the focus here his (NFL2K) are and I like em'....like em' alot!

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
Rick I'm just kidding with you dawg damn...I was just giving you props for your in-depth reviews. You took it out of content homie. I always mess with you about your post but its not a knock potna...Now you really need to calm down.

Last edited by noplace; 05-23-2006 at 05:51 PM.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:41 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 15

Thanks Rickster101 for recommending my rosters and while I prefer the "roster2k6" file with the Global Edits that I have in it, I must say that I dont recommend using it as a base roster if you intend on playing franchise because of that damn QB punt/kick returner bug. For exhibition or two player action, the bug wont occur but it will in franchise unless you control all 32 teams which turns me off personally. I played an exhibition game arlier today using the Eagles against the Steelers and won 24-21. I was down early 14-0 but battled back using time of possession to my advantage (run, run, run). Roethlisberger had 3 td passes but two of the three were from me blitzing and getting beat for a 68 and 72 yard TD's respectively. Overall, good close game. Anyway, I'll be creating a 2k7 roster after final cuts using VC's final roster update as the base. I'm going to be starting from scratch due to the bug in my "roster2k6" file.

As for 2ksports roster, I looked it over and while I didnt (and dont want to) play any games using it, I must say that the roster sucks plain and simple. Out of the 20 plus rosters that I downloaded and looked over last summer, 2ksports roster is easily the worst one.

Large attributes are crappy in my opinion. Seeing player after player with an attribute past 99 is bullcrap. Seeing 40 players rated 100 overall including rookies that shouldnt be past 80-82 is beyond stupid. Also, the rosters are missing a lot of players from last year's draft and no OL were added either. No Ferguson, Mangold, etc. WTF is that??? Plus, there are players who were let go as much a year ago (Eagles DE Hugh Douglas is the perfect example) yet are still on the roster. Horrible.

And seeing Eagles WR Bloom at 84 over others is nuts and how Marcus Vick is rated higher then his brother is also beyond me. I'm sorry and no disrespect to 2ksports but this roster isnt even worth wasting time looking over let alone playing.

Thanks but no thanks. I'll stick with Convince's file for now and will wait for the community roster as well. And Flipmo23, I know you dont agree with my rating setup for rookies but you have to admit that my setup is nowhere near as bad as what was used in 2ksports roster.

*Goes back to playing 2k5 using my own roster or Convince's*

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »