Home

Another Roster project from 2K board

This is a discussion on Another Roster project from 2K board within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2006, 10:24 AM   #41
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Another Roster project from 2K board

Dan, is the "bug" you are talking about the one where a QB or DT will return punts? This happens with the default rosters as well. I did a fantasy draft with default rosters and had this problem.

Just wanted to make sure you knew that this is not due to editing the rosters.

Matt
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2006, 12:45 PM   #42
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk
Yo Rickster, why does just about every one of your sentences go on for like 10 lines? I appreciate your insight, but when every sentence is a paragraph long it looks like rambling.

You have got to be kidding me, I don't even know you and YOU are calling me out,you're outta line here bro check yourself and read this sites TOS!

Why because we're mature individuals here and what you're asking has nothing to do about nothing. Show some maturity, respect and class please and be mindful of other members reading these threads if you want to say something on my personal style and writing then send a PM and I'll respond in detail.

I don't want to cause a FLAME up here so stop it right now and send me a PM simple as that, now back to the real topic here bro and stop trying to call me out...it is very unwise and not necessary to approach me like that I do not know you and conversations between member/friends is just that conversation betwen site members/friends so chill and stop it right now!

I've been doing this for years and you're a new guy or act like one showing such a crass approach if you did know me then you'd know thats how I get down, now if you got something to say then say it but stop getting into grown folks conversations and jumping on bandwagons, now grow up and send me a PM we'll talk there!

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101

Last edited by Rickster101; 05-24-2006 at 12:49 PM.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:03 PM   #43
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
Rickster -

I almost forgot. 24 is my favorite TV show (Prison Break is 2nd). How did you like the finale? I was expecting one of two endings - either the Chinese close the finale or those guys that were with the President close the finale.

I liked the finale but was hoping that Henderson (Peter Weller) wouldnt die until the last hour. Seriously, how can you kill RoboCop? LOL. I know that the main bad guy was the President but I was hoping that Henderson would last until the final hour.

The ending was expected but I was hoping for those guys that were with the President (the one that talked to him repeatedly over the phone who is bald and wears glasses) to "team up" if you will with the Chinese at the end. Those guys that were with the President kind of get away and its a loose end to me.

I was also hoping that Palmer (Dennis Haysbert) would make an appearance in the casket. Sort of like, a quick cameo of him inside and what happened to his brother, I'll never know. Oh well.

It appears we have simular taste in TV series, I watch both also among other shows of the like!

It looks bad for Jack and I don't know what they have planned for him but from the sound of things we might be in for some type of exchange or deal.

How I haven't a clue but the last shot shown in the ending reminds me of Sydny Bristols endevor when she was on that freighter in the middle of nowhere.

I'm gonna PM you and see if we can get this conversation in the Entertainment thread continued so we don't slow this one down or we can just PM period!

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
Old 05-24-2006, 01:46 PM   #44
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
Yeah, I know about that trick but I want things realistic in terms of how the game plays and calculates contracts and whatnot. I'm a 49ers fan and I know that QB Alex Smith received the higgest paid contract in team history but in-game, he'll only be rated 75-77 in my 2k7 roster file and want him to be paid according to that. Game wise, its more realistic especially when you factor in the fact that the salary cap wont be increasing as much like it did in reality.
I see what you mean, but then players that get drafted in franchise are going to make significantly more than the players that roster creators have made. I think after the first year of franchise, if you have the number one overall pick you're going to have to pay him around 5-6 million...I'm not completely sure on that since I haven't had the number one pick in a very very long time (my first season playing on legend). I play as the niners too, and primarily using ratings to determine play puts them at around 15-20 million under the cap, when in reality they should have about 8 million after signing VD and the rest of their rooks. You can get the cap number close to reality by raising the salary of a guy like Alex Smith but also dropping the salary of a guy like Frank Gore, who will have a better rating than his 3rd round salary pays. I think doing it this way adds more to the franchise experience where you really have to evaluate a player's performance based on their money and decide whether to let him go, like they did with Ahmed Plummer and should do with Kevan Barlow. I think it adds some realism in that the user will always put more pressure on top picks to perform just like in real life due to how much they're being paid.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:09 PM   #45
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
You could use the PM if you have issues with his writing. Keep the comments on rosters vs writing styles.

Peace
If you're gonna call me on it, then call others on their TV show talk too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2006, 12:22 PM   #46
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk
If you're gonna call me on it, then call others on their TV show talk too.

No one is calling you out bro, that was a conversation between friends/members about TV shows and had absolutly nothing to do with you so just stop its over but you're welcome to join us if you so desire.

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
Old 05-25-2006, 12:28 PM   #47
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
You have got to be kidding me, I don't even know you and YOU are calling me out,you're outta line here bro check yourself and read

.....ranting clipped....

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
You've got a PM
Old 05-25-2006, 12:35 PM   #48
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
No one is calling you out bro, that was a conversation between friends/members about TV shows and had absolutly nothing to do with you so just stop its over but you're welcome to join us if you so desire.

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
Um, I wasn't referring to you with that post. It was directed at the post about keeping things on topic, which is sounding like a better idea with every post we waste going back and forth out here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »