Home

new global edit to enhance gameplay

This is a discussion on new global edit to enhance gameplay within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2006, 02:33 PM   #1
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19
Thumbs up new global edit to enhance gameplay

I think that by now we all know that speed is relative to position i.e. a qb's80 is not relative to a tb's 80. so on that note and after running countless unsuccessful running plays i took a look at the oline speed, and they were in the 40's and 50's and that IMO is way too low. Try running counters and sweeps and they never get out to make their blocks, therefore rendering those plays useless. I took the base4 set from the community project (great job so far guys, cant wait for the finished project) and just played a couple of games after bumping up all the oline speed by 18% and man i tell you the game just took off. playing with the 'skins and running that counter trey with all that beef in front of portis, made my day. Also seems like the cpu runs a tad more because of this. With this global edit the whole playbook is now open again if anyone put this to the test let me know how it works for you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2006, 02:48 PM   #2
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: new global edit to enhance gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOSILK
I think that by now we all know that speed is relative to position i.e. a qb's80 is not relative to a tb's 80. so on that note and after running countless unsuccessful running plays i took a look at the oline speed, and they were in the 40's and 50's and that IMO is way too low. Try running counters and sweeps and they never get out to make their blocks, therefore rendering those plays useless. I took the base4 set from the community project (great job so far guys, cant wait for the finished project) and just played a couple of games after bumping up all the oline speed by 18% and man i tell you the game just took off. playing with the 'skins and running that counter trey with all that beef in front of portis, made my day. Also seems like the cpu runs a tad more because of this. With this global edit the whole playbook is now open again if anyone put this to the test let me know how it works for you.

Hey TWOSILK this sounds like you've figured something out thats yielded positive results, now this is good news and from you saying here should improve the overall gameplay, I assume you used the Finns editor set for an 18% global increase on just the offensive linemen as in guards and offensive tackles am I correct on this?

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
Old 05-24-2006, 03:03 PM   #3
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
Hey TWOSILK this sounds like you've figured something out thats yielded positive results, now this is good news and from you saying here should improve the overall gameplay, I assume you used the Finns editor set for an 18% global increase on just the offensive linemen as in guards and offensive tackles am I correct on this?

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
dont forget the centers yeah just give them a across the board 18% speed increase and watch the running stats take off!! Also like i said the cpu tends to run more because they have more of a selection of "usable" plays.
Old 05-24-2006, 03:36 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
dont forget the centers yeah just give them a across the board 18% speed increase and watch the running stats take off!! Also like i said the cpu tends to run more because they have more of a selection of "usable" plays.

You are very correct I did this awhile ago, also I upped the agility and that seemed to help with the running game also. The thing Ithink it helped with the most is guards peeling out to take on a OLB or DE on pass protection.
Old 05-24-2006, 03:49 PM   #5
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
You are very correct I did this awhile ago, also I upped the agility and that seemed to help with the running game also. The thing Ithink it helped with the most is guards peeling out to take on a OLB or DE on pass protection.
hadn't really noticed the difference in the passing game because i wasn't really looking for it. Now i will look for it next game thanks Ram for letting know that it was not my imagination.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2006, 04:28 PM   #6
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:

What are the "MAX" and "MIN" values you used for this 18% increase in the editor or just what values did you input in the boxes?

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
Old 05-24-2006, 04:32 PM   #7
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
What are the "MAX" and "MIN" values you used for this 18% increase in the editor or just what values did you input in the boxes?

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
just a min which was 63 anything slower than that they tend not to get out in front of the quicker backs and believe me you will fall in love all over with this edit to see both guards in front of the sweep is a sight that i had not seen and when i did I almost spilled a tear, it was just that beautiful.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:37 PM   #8
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
just a min which was 63 anything slower than that they tend not to get out in front of the quicker backs and believe me you will fall in love all over with this edit to see both guards in front of the sweep is a sight that i had not seen and when i did I almost spilled a tear, it was just that beautiful.

Cool I'm on it, I most def want to check this out and see the effects on the gameplay bro....good lookin' out again I'm all over this for sure!!!

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »