Home

IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITION =)

This is a discussion on IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITION =) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2007, 09:48 PM   #889
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITIO

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
this is the same as the final V of OSDCR (posted 01-02-2007) but w/ 1 change...

when i was using this file i noticed that for some reason, the PBP was off for Reggie Bush & his DOB was 1/7/79, making him 27 years old in year-one of a franchise.

Although his actual DOB (3/2/1985) is "out-of-bounds" for the editor until you get into your franchise, i was able to set it for 3/2/1984 at least, so he's at least reasonably young. His PBP is back at "Bush" too.

Otherwise no changes the file posted from 1/2/07. Nice work keeping these going Rickster & anyone else

Good lookin' out on that one Puja21 that was a good find and I appreciate the way you took care of that oversight on my part by actually re-posting the file for those who aren't as gifted using the editor and all of its features.

I wish you'd had done the others following this one as well but the main thing is you took care of that slight issue and left some good info as to how to resolve it, in the meantime I'm re-posting the POed edtion as well with the edit to it you've fixed in the Final and if you guys are having issues with the OSCDRv43 which is basically the same file except with optional edits and addtional players I'd suggest you make the neccessary edits changes that Puja21 did to the Final...here are the Final versions I posted as the Playoff Edtion, OSCDRv43Playoff Edition or simply the OSCDRVPOed they're all corrected with the new D.O.B. for Reggie Bush and his PBP name.

Thanx Puja21 for taking the time to point that out and improve the rosters your input as always is valued and appreciated bro good lookin' out.

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101 aka "Jack Bauer"

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call … The Twilight Zone aka "OS...Da Spot".
— Rod Serling
Old 01-30-2007, 12:35 AM   #890
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITIO

Just read the last two pages.

1) Regarding the "out of bounds" pop up when editing a player's date of birth.

You can get around that by editing the date of birth last and then "accepting" it in Finn's editor.

2) Regarding the problem about Redskins RB Clinton Portis.

Switch to the Redskins using Finn's editor and adjust the depth chart. Then, see what happens.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:30 PM   #891
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
Regarding the "out of bounds" pop up when editing a player's date of birth.

You can get around that by editing the date of birth last and then "accepting" it in Finn's editor
this trick doesn't work for me... i'm not sure, but maybe it's the version of Finn's editor i'm using (v2.0 build 1.321). For me, the only way to fix this is to make the change in my franchise where it's allowed by the editor as it's 06-07 in the game. Then I copy the player back into my roster.

SIDENOTE: I have found that when you make a DOB change, it will not apply unless you highlight some other option before clicking accept. Try it. To fix this, I just always click on the left/right hand option, and then click accept to close the editing window. If DOB is still highlighted the change doesn't go through.

After finding the Reggie Bush DOB mistake, I decided to use Finn's search feature & verify this data in my own roster file for all ~700 players who were rookies this year or last year (and thus were CAPs & not original 2K5 players).

The basefile for my own roster was OSDCRv33, so some of these may have been fixed along the way because there have been plenty of updates. However, I just quickly checked 10 more on top of push & none of them had changed. While I was fixing these in my own file, I also changed any names that were technically incorrect (typos or whatever), as well as PBP and college errors. Again, this is just for rookies and 2nd year players... I can only assume 2Ksports got it's own database perfect.

I don't have the time to go through & edit everyone on this list again (considering it took me about 2 hrs to examine ALL ~700 1st and 2nd year players on my own file for updates), but I DID take the extra time to keep a list specifically for the OSDCR file... so, if anyone updating OSDCR wants to, they can fix these much more quickly than it took me (since they don't have to check all ~700 guys against their information on the web one by one). Obviously, not all these errors are a huge deal, but for me I don't want the first pick from 2006-- Mario Williams-- turning 30 in the game duing his 3rd season.... That kind of thing is pretty important for retirements in franchise mode.

Rickster: I'm not trying to criticize the community file w/ this list & I don't expect anyone to feel obligated to make the fixes. I'm just trying to help improve the community file, and give people the opportunity to update it. Remember, I took extra time to make this list so don't see it as an attack on the file.

06-07 Rookies DOB

Allen, Jason
Alston, Jon
Baskett, Hank
Batiste, D'Anthony
Bethea, Antoine
Bush, Reggie *1985
Cole, Nick
Colon, Willie
Daniels, Owen
Dumervil, Elvis
Evans, Frederick
Greenway, Chad
Hagan, Derek
Hali, Tamba
Harris, Orien
Harrison, Jerome
Havner, Spencer
Hester, Devin
Hill, Tye
Hudson, Marcus
Humes, Cedric
Jackson, Chad *1985
Jennings, Kelly
Jennings, Tim
Johnson, Charlie
Jones-Drew, Maurice *1985
Joseph, Davin
Kirtman, David
Martin, Derrick *1985
McDaniel, Tony *1985
McIntosh, Roger
McKinney, Brandon
Minter, DeMario
Oliver, Melvin
Olson, Drew
Oshinowo, Babatunde
Porter, Quinton
Randall, Bryan
Rucker, Frostee
Runnels, JD
Shelton, Matt
Shockley, DJ
Sims, Ernie
Sims, Rob
Sowells, Isaac
Standeford, John
Stanley, Montavious
Tapp, Darryl
Trueblood, Jeremy
Tulloch, Stephen *1985
Whitworth, Andrew
Williams, Leon
Williams, Jamar
Williams, Kyle
Williams, Mario
Williams, Demetrius
Zemaitis, Alan
06-07 Rookies PBP
Bullocks, Daniel
Bush, Jarrett
Bush, Reggie
Cobbs, Patrick
Coleman, Drew
Gordon, Cletis
Ingram, Clint
McCargo, John
McKinney, Brandon
McQuistan, Paul
Joseph, Davin
Scott, Jonathan
Smith, Rob
Winston, Eric
Youboty, Ashton
06-07 Rookies College
Culver, Tyrone
Harrison, Jerome
Hunter, Darrell
Johnson, Charlie
06-07 Rookies Jersey #
Wright, Rodrique
06-07 Rookies Name-fix
Dorsey, "DeDe"
Kershaw, William-- first & last names mixed up
Manning, "Danieal"
Spurlock, "Micheal"
Webb, "Dee"

05-06 Rookies DOB
Baas, David
Barnes, Khalif
Barron, Alex
Bironas, Rob
Burnett, Kevin
Cargile, Steve
Cassel, Matt
Castillo, Luis
Clayton, Mark
Cody, Dan
Cole, Trent
Collins, Jerome
Connolly, Dan
Considine, Sean
Crowder, Channing
Davis, Thomas
Davis, Rashied
Essex, Trai
Estes, Patrick
Farwell, Heath
Fason, Ciatrick
Fitzpatrick, Ryan
Fox, Dustin
Frazier, Andre
Fuller, Vincent
Hagans, Marques
Herron, Noah
Jackson, Scott
Jacobs, Brandon
James, Erasmus
Jennings, Michael
Johnson, Derrick (ATL)
Johnson, Derrick (KC)
Jones, Matt
Jones, Pacman
Leonhard, Jim
Mathis, Jerome
Mathis, Evan
McFadden, Bryant
McKenzie, Chris
Merriman, Shawne
Miller, Heath
Mitchell, Lance
Montgomery, Mike
Nash, Damien
Perkins, Antonio
Rayner, Dave
Rogers, Carlos
Rolle, Antrel
Roth, Matt
Routt, Stanford
Ruud, Barrett
Scaife, Bo
Sensabaugh, Gerald
Setterstrom, Mark
Spears, Marcus
Tatupup, Lofa
Terrell, Claude
Torrence, Leigh
Vickerson, Kevin
Walter, Andrew
Ware, DeMarcus
Washington, Fabian
Webster, Corey
Williams, Darrent
05-06 Rookies PBP
Alexander, Eric
Blackburn, Chase
Chapman, Kory
Floyd, Malcolm
Francisco, Aaron
Frazier, Andre
Jones, Brandon
Jones, Matt
Jones, Herana-Daze
Jones, Jamal
Jones, Pacman
Joseph, Keith
Leonhard, Jim (pronounced Leonard)
Loper, Daniel
Nash, Damien
Newton, Cam
Parker, J'Vonne
Warren, Paris
Weaver, Leonard
05-06 Rookies College
Bironas, Rob
Carter, Jerome
Cassel, Matt
Hagans, Marques
Lemon, Cleo
Sanders, James
05-06 Rookies Name-Fix
Amey, "Fred" (not Otis)
"Bullocks," Josh
"Ernster," Paul (not Erstner)
"Foschi, John Paul" (not JohnPaul Foshi)
Koenen, "Michael"
Parker, "J'Vonne"
Robinson, "Derreck"
"Ruud," Barrett (not Rudd)

Last edited by puja21; 01-30-2007 at 04:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2007, 07:04 PM   #892
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

No problem this makes it easier for guys to see whats going on and how to get it straight with the info you've provided so I've got no problem with you improving on them what-so-ever and it make it easier for next years rosters when the time comes to update them.

Now this was in the OSCDRv33 roster file right so I'm sure some of them I caught by now in the more recent ones posted but these do look really great and should definately improve the file and now after looking them over more closely I couldn't be more pleased with what you've done with it I'm mos def impressed bro this is good stuff!

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101 "Jack Bauer"

Last edited by Rickster101; 01-30-2007 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Upon futher review...
Old 01-30-2007, 10:55 PM   #893
Banned

OVR: 32

I just want to say thank you for all your work. You kept a great game fresh.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »