Home

IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITION =)

This is a discussion on IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITION =) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2006, 02:14 PM   #89
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITION =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
Rickster, I've seen it on 7 and 8 minute quarters. 7 while watching and 8 while playing. When the quarters were 7 minutes long, it was on fast speed. On 8 minute quarters, normal speed. Any ideas? It's not that big of a deal because I only saw it happen once during both games, and both times it was during the opening drive. I enjoy the game too much to get bogged down by one "glitch", anyway.

On a sidenote, I enjoy Madden 2006. I've played it ALOT since I bought it back in August. However, it's utterly AMAZING how much better 2k5 is. The graphics, presentation, gameplay, everything. It's not even close. Thanks for all the work you guys put in to updating this beast.

Thanx alot of hard serious editing from some super deticated guys went into this and the results are great IMO still some things are being "Fine" tuned like catching names and numbers ect, but all in all its turning out quite well.

I've seen this hurry up a time or two during games I've play and watch and really don't think its that big of a deal, however the shorter length of game you play the more likely it will go into that "Frantic" hurry up offense!!!

Thats just my observation playing the game others may or may not have seen it but I know in some cases the cpu has been know to take time off the clock and hold things up with long snap counts and just leave you dying on the field as time expires off the clock and that just kills me but its real enough I'd do the same thing and just hold the ball....sucks yeah but it happens in Football and is part of the game!!!

I like to play 10 min quarters....give me time to think about some things and I like using those shifts and audibles every now and then...hell I'm still learnin' some of them, the LBs shifts,DBs shifts ect!!!

P.S.

I'm still showin' Madden some love and recently DL a file dated 5-11-06 from codejunkies and its pretty good theres another franchise file posted here and its excellent IMO so you see I'm still into Madden just not as deep as 2K Football they're the true Kings of what an NFL Football game should be about as a "Total Package"...Its got it all and its still spankin' dat azz!!!

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
Old 05-30-2006, 02:15 PM   #90
MVP

koebner's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITION =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk
I spent a little time checking some of the vets, and they are definitely up to date. Smith is like a 95 overall.

I would be willing to add player photos to the file. Last years rookies already have fake photos, so why not give everyone a photo? I'm going to do this on my own anyways, so why not make it part of the base. Unless, of course the group thinks it would be better leaving them blank.
I will vote no-the fake photos are tremendously annoying since I know who the photo is of,in most instances.
An example on this roster would be Ryan Fitzpatrick of the Rams having Tim Couchs' photo.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:44 PM   #91
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by koebner
I will vote no-the fake photos are tremendously annoying since I know who the photo is of,in most instances.
An example on this roster would be Ryan Fitzpatrick of the Rams having Tim Couchs' photo.

That did come up in conversations and it was pretty much agreed upon to leave em' blake most guys have seen those faces in the Franchise and its not that they're bad but some aren't very good either plus you don't know in the editor they're all using "unk" numbers and theres no way of telling until you've actually seen it what or who it is and you'd only be able to see that face in the Franchise first to know what it looks like make a note of it or something and start all over again to do it in the exhibition rosters....could take a long time going back and fourth doing this and alot of them are the same face only shaded or altered abit!!!

I'm not sayin' it can't be done but the time alone sorting thoses unks could be very time consuming alone just to get the right face to match up correctly it would be something I'd rather not get involved with personally.

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2006, 03:25 PM   #92
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITIO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflchampion
Oh, great! So the stats for the vets are updated then to reflect their performance last year? Then this roster should be fantastic. Maybe a little tinkering with global edits, but like you say, to each his own. Thanks a lot Rick and everyone involved with this great project!
Yes. As someone said before, guys who had a crazy year, such as Steve Smith, Ben Roethlisberger, have boosted ratings. Same goes for the players who didn't do so well, though I think we were very, very kind to Michael Vick. His consistency is pretty low though, which I think helps balance his 92 overall rating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
I've watched and played a few games with the new rosters and have noticed that the computer is prone to go into the hurry up offense at weird times. For instance, in the Titans vs. Dolphins game, Tennessee (CPU) ran the hurry up during the entire first series. Has anybody else experienced this? I never noticed this with previous rosters.
I noticed it. I'm pretty sure that this has to do with the way the Coach VIPs react to the player personel. Use that same coach's VIP with another team and he may not hurry-up offense the whole game. I think it's cool actually, and anytime the cpu changes the way it plays, that's a good thing considering we've been playing this game for almost 3 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk
I spent a little time checking some of the vets, and they are definitely up to date. Smith is like a 95 overall.

I would be willing to add player photos to the file. Last years rookies already have fake photos, so why not give everyone a photo? I'm going to do this on my own anyways, so why not make it part of the base. Unless, of course the group thinks it would be better leaving them blank.
I'm not a fan of the fake photos. I actually am thinking about taking out the fake ones that are in there from the base file, but I am more interested in getting all the errors on our part out of the way first. Thanks anyways though.

Last edited by Flipmo23; 05-30-2006 at 03:44 PM.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:49 PM   #93
Pro

OVR: 9

OK thanks. I'll just wait until the base has stabilized and then add them into my personal version.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:28 PM   #94
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITIO

Thanks for the quick reply on the vet stats. I just wasn't sure, and its fantastic that you took the time to update the stats of more than just the rookies. Now to get down to the little details and play around with the roster. I'll do some tinkering and let you guys know the results when I'm finished.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:43 PM   #95
Rookie

bluejrdn5's Arena

OVR: 10

You guys rock !! Awesome job on the rosters,,,,,,,,,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2006, 04:58 PM   #96
Rookie

Phil21's Arena

OVR: 3

Good job with the rosters

But imo, many of the rookies are underrated, and a few are overrated. Bush is a stud coming out of college, but a 89 overall? If you play a franchise and do the draft and have a your first pick in the top 10, you'll surely get a player rated in the 80's. However, many of the rookies that went early are rated lower than 80's. I think only 2 out of the top 10 are rated in the 80's (Williams and Bush). And the picks 10-20 are really low. Wimbley the 13th pick from Flordia State a 70? wtfmate?

The ratings are my only true gripe. And there's no pictures for any of the rookies. Probably the easiest thing to do is to put pictures in for players. And also the Browns are the lowest rated team in the game. I don't really see how they are the lowest considering they had no where near the amount of losses that the Texans did last year- twelve.

- OS Staff

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »