Home

IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITION =)

This is a discussion on IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITION =) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2006, 08:39 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITION =)

Hey guys - I just wanted to say "thanks" for all of the kind words. Without Flipmo organizing this, and his and Rickster's guiding hand using Finn's and making edits in general, along with Rickster's dedication to perfection, this never would have happened. I was glad and honored to be a part of what I think is a project that will go a long way to promoting the longevity of 2k5.

I'd also like to pimp the Tecmo rosters being worked on, as Rickster alluded to. This will be a very cool roster set that will also keep 2k5 fresh and original. I mean, WHO DOESN'T LOVE TECMO SUPER BOWL???

Also, someone called this game 2k7 with this roster set, and I just wanted to point out this thread 2K7 covers... because this guy has put a lot of effort into creating 2k7 covers for your dvd case. Some really cool stuff in here, and you should check it out.

Lastly, thanks to all of those who are providing feedback - this is a COMMUNITY roster, and that's the only thing that's going to make it as good as it can possibly be. We need all the input we can get for authenticities sake. So keep those comments coming guys.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:15 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITIO

Not sure if this was mentioned.. but I'm guessing you guys only did 6 rookies at most a team for the draft picks? Chargers rookie kicker Kurt Smith wasn't made.
Old 05-29-2006, 02:01 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITIO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperoe
Hey Everyone,

This is my first time posting, but have been reading this forum for a long time and appreciate all of the hard work you guys have put into keeping the best sports game ever made still fresh. As a long time Detroit Lions fan (haven't had much to root for since Barry Sanders retired, but still root for them, win or lose) I found a couple of corrections on the Lions roster:

J. Kitna #0 ~ should be #3

E. Simms ~ should be E. Sims (only one "m")

W. Hanson ~ should be J. Hanson (Jason)

On a side note - I was testing out the Titans and Vince Young was just announced as #10, not "Young" for some reason.
Done. And the announcer says "Young" now. Not sure why it wasn't working the first time, but it is now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canikickit1
Not sure if this was mentioned.. but I'm guessing you guys only did 6 rookies at most a team for the draft picks? Chargers rookie kicker Kurt Smith wasn't made.
He's the second string Kicker as of right now, but I'll get him in there eventually since he's actually projected to be a pretty good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadedSteeler
Great job fellas, your work is much appreciated.

Some corrections for the Steelers and Browns...

Taitusi Faneca should be Alan Faneca
Cedric Humes wears #30
Santonio Holmes wears #10
Willie Colon wears #74
Orien Harris wears #71
Anthony Smith wears #27
Ken Dorsey wears #5
Lawrence Vickers wears #47
Kevin Shaffer wears #77
Babatunde Oshinowo wears #96
Matt Stewart wears #52
David McMillan wears #90
Leon Williams wears #94
DeMario Minter wears #22

Again thank you much guys
Done. The file on the first page has been updated to reflect all these changes guys. Thanks alot, and keep it coming. This is a community roster after all =)

Last edited by Flipmo23; 05-29-2006 at 02:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2006, 03:24 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITION =)

This roster is being greatly appreciated in Europe too! Can't wait for The NFL to come to Europe in 2008. Went to the World Bowl las sunday. It was cool but a real NFL game must be breathtaking...
NBA: CHICAGO BULLS
NCAA: TEXAS LONGHORNS
FIFA: THE NETHERLANDS
UEFA:
FEYENOORD ROTTERDAM, REAL MADRID
Old 05-29-2006, 05:51 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 9

Many thanks to all of you for your GREAT work!
Can you just tell me if you have edited also the attributes of the players to obtain a better gameplay (for example QB editing to have them not to throw so much INT,RB editing to have them great running game,OL editing to see the line that open holes for the running game and so on...)
Again thanks!
Old 05-29-2006, 06:07 AM   #38
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul76
This roster is being greatly appreciated in Europe too! Can't wait for The NFL to come to Europe in 2008. Went to the World Bowl las sunday. It was cool but a real NFL game must be breathtaking...

Wow thats pretty cool having that kind of impact that far out and around the world, its impressive to know that this roster has really gotten out there and is being well recieved. I'm sure guys here are very proud of this rosters impact reaching the masses on a global scale and I can say myself personally I really didn't think of it having this kind of impact so far out!

Thanks for dropping us a line letting of know that they're being recieved as well over there and we hope you'll continue to check out the site and who knows we might do something eles in the future again thanks for the post making us aware of fans overseas enjoying them as well.

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
Old 05-29-2006, 06:18 AM   #39
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bascape666
Many thanks to all of you for your GREAT work!
Can you just tell me if you have edited also the attributes of the players to obtain a better gameplay (for example QB editing to have them not to throw so much INT,RB editing to have them great running game,OL editing to see the line that open holes for the running game and so on...)
Again thanks!

No edits have really been done to the original file other the roster numbers some names mis-spelled and a few personal changes/addtions other then that we're not really doing any editing to the file, the file hasn't gone thru any edits and it may still be awhile for that due to the fact camps and players are still not set.

You can edit the file for your own personal use as I've read others have already started you can try em' out and see if you like those but for now no editing or re-editing is being done to ratings only uniform numbers and "Key Primary" personal concerning the rosters.

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101

Last edited by Rickster101; 05-29-2006 at 07:03 AM.
Old 05-29-2006, 06:51 AM   #40
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canikickit1

Actually the most might be 10 (See Packers) rookies but as the case is when putting rookies on teams it wouldn't be true to the roster or realistic to take out and exclude vet players that will actually be in those starting and back-up roles.

I'm sure if you go thru these rosters you'll find most if not all immediate "Impact" players, a lot of rookies and I mean alot (176) are there and to accomplish this we've checked to make sure that the vets are represented as well and have first priority so no player with an actual role loses out to the 5th, 6th or 7th seeded player and in most cases he's that rookie you're probably looking for, however some can be found in the FA if roster space was limited as the rosters go for actual roster lineups according to Ourlads.com....sometime has passed since we last posted and updates are still likely to change because camps are just getting underway and the "Official Lineups" are unknown to us at this time so this "Community" roster is an excellent start to work from.

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101

Last edited by Rickster101; 05-29-2006 at 07:03 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »