Home

4FUN:NEW TECMO SUPER BOWL ROSTER UPDATE

This is a discussion on 4FUN:NEW TECMO SUPER BOWL ROSTER UPDATE within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Rate this roster so far :
GREAT 11 73.33%
GOOD 1 6.67%
AVERAGE 1 6.67%
BAD 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-25-2006, 11:19 AM   #1
Rookie

WARPATHEB's Arena

OVR: 3
4FUN:NEW TECMO SUPER BOWL ROSTER UPDATE

Here are a list of the teams I've done so far:

Teams:
49ers
Bears
Bengals
Broncos
Browns
Chiefs
Colts
Eagles
Lions
Raiders
Redskins
Oilers
Giants
Cowboys
Chargers
Bills
Steelers
Rams

I've finished the Rams and now working on da Vikings. Saints up next so come back in a few days for that update. I do about one team a day so check back often as more teams will be added on.

And As Always,
Long Live 2K

Tecmo Super Bowl Roster
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_DEFAULT23.zip (248.1 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by WARPATHEB; 06-01-2006 at 09:15 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2006, 12:26 PM   #2
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: 4FUN:NEW TECMO SUPER BOWL ROSTER UPDATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARPATHEB
Here are a list of the teams I've done so far:

Teams:
49ers
Bears
Bengals
Broncos
Browns
Chiefs
Colts
Eagles
Lions
Raiders
Redskins
Oilers

I'm now working on the Giants and then dem Cowboys so come back in a few days for that update. I do about one team a day so check back often as more teams will be added on.

And As Always,
Long Live 2K

Tecmo Super Bowl Roster

I heard that you're really doing some fine work on these and I'm lookin' forward to seeing dem "Boys" and "LTs" defense do some real damage on the field!

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
Old 05-27-2006, 12:14 PM   #3
Rookie

WARPATHEB's Arena

I'm to the middle of the rosters now so I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. It's been fun and I can't wait until I'm finished so that i can replay old rivalries of the past. After I'm done I'm gonna take a little break and them start my next project. Which will be to make a hall of fame team or use the teams to do a All-Madden Team roster for each year I haven't decided yet. Any ideas guys I'm always open to suggestions.

And As Always,
LONG LIVE 2K
Old 05-27-2006, 03:51 PM   #4
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
I'm to the middle of the rosters now so I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. It's been fun and I can't wait until I'm finished so that i can replay old rivalries of the past. After I'm done I'm gonna take a little break and them start my next project. Which will be to make a hall of fame team or use the teams to do a All-Madden Team roster for each year I haven't decided yet. Any ideas guys I'm always open to suggestions.

And As Always,
LONG LIVE 2K

I do have a question to ask you WARPATHEB, why did you pick the 1990 roster to do as the TECMO roster? The reason I ask is because after looking over some archive teams and stats they didn't seem to be all that impressive but still great most of the 90 teams and stats looked pretty good especially the Oilers and Steelers that featured two backs that were quite impressive during the 1992 season when Barry Foster came in second behind Emmitt Smith a feat worth mentioning IMO and lets not forget Thurman Thomas of those die hard Bills another great team IMO.

All in all you 1990 roster is quite impressive and I'm liking the match-ups so far, as for all star teams they're ok I guess but the actual team year rosters are what I find more to my liking so whatever way you decide to go I'll be sure to check out!

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
Old 05-27-2006, 08:47 PM   #5
Rookie

WARPATHEB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
I do have a question to ask you WARPATHEB, why did you pick the 1990 roster to do as the TECMO roster? The reason I ask is because after looking over some archive teams and stats they didn't seem to be all that impressive but still great most of the 90 teams and stats looked pretty good especially the Oilers and Steelers that featured two backs that were quite impressive during the 1992 season when Barry Foster came in second behind Emmitt Smith a feat worth mentioning IMO and lets not forget Thurman Thomas of those die hard Bills another great team IMO.

All in all you 1990 roster is quite impressive and I'm liking the match-ups so far, as for all star teams they're ok I guess but the actual team year rosters are what I find more to my liking so whatever way you decide to go I'll be sure to check out!

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
Rickster I used the 1990 roster because that is the roster year that the game is based on. 1990 is also the start of the greats era some of the greatest players of all time started in 1990. Plus this is the era of players I grew up idolizing and I like this era of football much better than todays era. Back then it was for the love of the game. Now the all-mighty dollar runs the show for most ball clubs. Back then a good player could be drafted by team and play all their years out there. Now in this era that is impossible I'm just an old school baller to the heart and I just love that era of football it was the best.

As far as my next project well I'm still thinking about it. I like doing roster edits that no else does. Like maybe a CFL or USFL or maybe NFL Europe roster edit you know something to add a little flair to the regular stuff. Thanks for the feedback Rickster it is greatly appreciated homie.

And As Always,
LONG LIVE 2K
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2006, 09:05 PM   #6
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Rickster I used the 1990 roster because that is the roster year that the game is based on. 1990 is also the start of the greats era some of the greatest players of all time started in 1990. Plus this is the era of players I grew up idolizing and I like this era of football much better than todays era. Back then it was for the love of the game. Now the all-mighty dollar runs the show for most ball clubs. Back then a good player could be drafted by team and play all their years out there. Now in this era that is impossible I'm just an old school baller to the heart and I just love that era of football it was the best.

As far as my next project well I'm still thinking about it. I like doing roster edits that no else does. Like maybe a CFL or USFL or maybe NFL Europe roster edit you know something to add a little flair to the regular stuff. Thanks for the feedback Rickster it is greatly appreciated homie.

And As Always,
LONG LIVE 2K

You're right on the changing of the guard concerning Football and how players are today, I'm pretty much ole school myself remembering when there was the original ALF and NFL leagues (yeah I'm that ole school) and the merger that started it all with who I think is a genious in Al Davis and what he did for the league back in the day.

So I guess that makes two of us who still remember the pure joy and love for the game played in an era when Football players were true to form and the dollars weren't as big a factor as they are today, thats why I've grown to really appreciate your efforts in compliling such a great time in Football and the NFL didn't stand for "No Fun League" as it is now.

Keep em' comin' bro I really have no complaints really and am still looking forward to your future endeavors, I can relive some of those great times thru your rosters and am enjoying them very much so now you know you've got a fan who does remember those great teams and those great eras of Football coming from one ole school vet to another!

P.S.

I just wanted to say that the 90s IMO were probably some of the best Football played for that time featuring some really good teams and players IMO but hey what do I know I only lived thru some of the best Football ever played going waaay back in the day!!!

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101

Last edited by Rickster101; 05-27-2006 at 09:11 PM.
Old 05-28-2006, 06:14 PM   #7
Rookie

WARPATHEB's Arena

I added the Chargers working on the Bills then the Steelers well back to work.
Old 05-28-2006, 07:19 PM   #8
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

this roster is based on the giants-bills super bowl year right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »