Home

Roster with actually cap/contracts...

This is a discussion on Roster with actually cap/contracts... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2006, 10:32 PM   #33
Sexiest Woman Alive!

Peji911's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Roster with actually cap/contracts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflchampion
I just took a look at the editor and how it deals with contracts. I think the statistics from the NFLPA site are enough if we make a decision on how to deal with contracts.

All we have to do, in my estimation, is add up the total number of dollars allotted to a player between the 2006 season and whenever their career ends. Then find the number of years in the contract, and finally we can look at the nature of the contract to see what type of contract it is.

For example, Anthony Adams of the 49ers (first player to pop up) is scheduled to make 500,000 this year and 545,000 in 2007. Adding the two up puts the contract at 1.05 million over 2 years, and the numbers are close enough where I would call it a balanced deal. His contract is done.

The only thing left to figure out is bonuses. Thankfully, the NFLPA site doesn't account for bonuses, allowing us to use our discretion. The signing bonus numbers are on a percent scale. I would argue that we do it by overall player rating, even though it won't be perfectly accurate. In other words, highly ranked players (90+) or early first round picks should warrant larger percentage bonuses. We could set up some kind of scale, or just play it by ear, setting players who we know to have big contracts to a larger bonus. The base salary figures will work perfectly though.
theres a problem with that tho man, and that is that some players, be it underrated players or really good but young players, are making less money in terms of salary and bonus, and some poor players, like in the 70s are getting paid alot in bonues, be it because of a contract yr, where they play well, get a huge contract, and then go back to sucking... regardless, we gotta be patient and it will come
Old 06-20-2006, 10:55 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pf03ho
theres a problem with that tho man, and that is that some players, be it underrated players or really good but young players, are making less money in terms of salary and bonus, and some poor players, like in the 70s are getting paid alot in bonues, be it because of a contract yr, where they play well, get a huge contract, and then go back to sucking... regardless, we gotta be patient and it will come
As far as I can tell, there isn't a database that has salary cap statistics. I found a scouting site that charges a ton of money for the numbers, but I'm not paying in the hundreds of dollars. Haha. The NFLPA site has the numbers we need, but they aren't available to the public. If we could get a login, we'd be in business, but I don't think they're floating around anywhere.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:11 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 5

y don't u guys just use season stats u know when a guy had great year then got a big payday
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2006, 01:47 AM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch45
y don't u guys just use season stats u know when a guy had great year then got a big payday
We're aiming for as accurate a representation of the contract situations as we can get. Head Coach is terrible in this regard, and I expect Madden to be the same. We already have data on the base salary for players, but we're missing signing bonus and other bonus data. If anyone could find that, or knows where it is, we'd be in business.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:10 AM   #37
Rookie

Update: As I'm pretty sure the only source of NFL signing bonus data is on the NFLPA site in the agents only areas (which is why ESPN's Len Pasquarelli had to "borrow" a password from an agent to get better data on contracts), I'm trying to reconstruct the signing bonus figures from a copy of NFL Head Coach. From what I've seen so far, the numbers seem pretty good, so I'm putting the whole whammy together. When I'm done, the numbers for all 32 teams will be as updated as Head Coach is (and it will need some work, by the way). I hope others will help fill in the blanks from the free agency transactions of the past offseason.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:57 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

This site:

http://www.nflpa.org/Members/main.as...+Player+Search

has every signed player in the NFL listed, along with contract years and salary per year. Does not have any bonuses but still very useful for what you're trying to do. Make sure to change year to 2006 as it defaults to 2003. Legal names can be slightly different than on-field names but should be clear enough. Also, can look up entire teams at a time. CAP for 2006-07 season is about 102Mil.

I've done some editing already with this site and Finn's editor and was able to get numbers within 300K for yearly salaries of High Pay players and often exactly right with roster fillers. I made logical guesses on bonuses. Most contracts are backloaded or ascending. Does anyone know if 2k5 actually pro-rates the bonuses correctly?
Old 06-26-2006, 07:02 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 1

Sorry, only read page one - didn't see everyone already has that site. Anyway I'm interested in seeing what you come up with for the bonuses.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:14 PM   #40
Sexiest Woman Alive!

Peji911's Arena

OVR: 17

hey champ,

how have these rosters come along? i work 5am-7pm everyday except sunday, so i can no longer support this project, not until im back at university and even then, i'll be super busy.. hopefully everything goes well tho...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »