Home

Really excellent rosters

This is a discussion on Really excellent rosters within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2006, 04:49 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Really excellent rosters

Just play a complete test game using this roster along with Rickster "zero slider" and I have had a really solid gameplay.
Incredible stats for the CPU QB (only 1 INT in a really difficult situation!) and also a 65% complet. and also a great running game for the CPU.
Please try this combination for yourself and let me know what you think.
I play Raiders (me) at Redskins (CPU) and I win 14 to 13.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:34 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

There's no global edits in the community roster, though there will be in a separate, "alternate" roster thread that Rickster and I will be putting out soon.

As far as this guy's roster, it is very good depth chart wise, but the PBP names and rookie ratings, in my opinion, are way off. The last revision I checked had NINE rookies rated 100. That alone should throw you off as to the overall sim quality of the roster.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:53 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipmo23
There's no global edits in the community roster, though there will be in a separate, "alternate" roster thread that Rickster and I will be putting out soon.

As far as this guy's roster, it is very good depth chart wise, but the PBP names and rookie ratings, in my opinion, are way off. The last revision I checked had NINE rookies rated 100. That alone should throw you off as to the overall sim quality of the roster.
Dear Flipmo,
you know how much respect I give to your and Rickster work,as I consider you the best out there concerning roster and slider things.
I haven't noticed the "rookie ratings",I concentrate on gameplay,on how the game is working on the field and again I say it works really well for the gameplay.
I'm waiting for the "edited roster" of you and Rickster and I hope to test it as soon as possible,as I'm sure it'll be as close as possible to real NFL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2006, 11:53 PM   #12
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Looks like he has posted an update dated 7-13-06. One Roster has no edits. The other has a tweaked formula of the AGGRESSIVE model included. Check it out!
Old 08-23-2006, 02:20 AM   #13
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Another update has been posted. Dated 8-20-06. Check them out fellas.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:43 AM   #14
Rookie

tpaterniti's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipmo23

Is this on the scale of 100 or the scale of 129?

www.2kfootballstrategy.com
Old 08-24-2006, 11:16 AM   #15
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

I think the AGG version of this roster has a lot of potential, but like any other will probably require some slider adjustment to your liking. It could be the current sim period length I have this on (only 3 mins.), but the RB's were coming up short.

I didn't have time to check rookies or PBP as indicated above, but that's easily remedied. I don't think he has any mismatched photos,though, and he certainly didn't change any names around that I can tell that are inaccurate.

Seems with the AGG roster at least, the CB's bite and allow the cpu's WR's extra space. Again, probably the remedy here is lower AGG for better CB's and leave it high for inexperienced/poor/inconsistent ones. In my trial game as the NYJ vs. Palmer and the Bengals, Palmer did well with 58% pass completion, about 260 yards, 2 TDs and 0 INT's! There also seemed to be a lot more penalties, but I don't want to draw too many conclusions from just one game.

Overall, though, these have a lot of potential.

Last edited by daflyboys; 08-24-2006 at 11:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2006, 12:32 PM   #16
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Well, another great experiment using these rosters with my own edits I've used in the past at the marquee offensive positions. I also added some other global tweaks a la GameChew and other suggestions. Very very favorable. Great game as the Chiefs at home vs. Pitt. Roethlisberger started out on fire and then cooled off, ending up with about high 50's completion rate and about 240 and 1/1. Staley had a really nice bruising RZ run off tackle left where he just kept driving his legs and eventually pushed into the end zone. Also, following my gameplay guidelines whereby you put in the slow butts for kick coverage, EACH team had a punt return! Final: Pitt 24 / KC 21. Just gotta do some slider tweaking and a few other position upgrades (marquee TE's) and this is gonna rock again.

I really hate to publish anything though since I don't know who this guy is, but he deserves all the credit. If anyone wants a copy of what I did to them, just PM me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »