Home

Quicker release edit?

This is a discussion on Quicker release edit? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2006, 09:16 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
Quicker release edit?

Hello all. I have been in hiding for quite a while. But have updated to 2k7 and am back to enjoying this game as much as day one. Simply amazing.
Anyways. DB's seem pretty good and less erratic, the O-line seems to finally be blocking better, though still no pocket ever forms as nice as they did in 2k4, but I still have a major gripe. I wish there was a way for the QB to release the ball quicker. SO MANY TIMES with a defender in my face still 3-4 steps away, I am ready to throw to the wide open guy in the flats and boom the motion is stopped and I am sacked. Drives me nuts! As much as I dispise Madden's gameplay, they do this right.
So does anyone know if a certain attribute for QB's may help with this? Is it perhaps related to "break tackle" and the animation brought on with the avoid manuver with the right stick? Or maybe "composure" being able to stay and take the hit they know is coming in his face? You see it so often in real play; "pass rush 1 step away, pass, boom big hit".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2006, 01:02 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Cool Re: Quicker release edit?

I really understand what u are talkin' about..lol sumtimes i have the same problem....u see a wide out open down field n he takes his dear old time throwing the ball and u get sacked 4 a lot of yards..lol..I also want 2 no if someone can give an answer 2 this problem
Old 10-14-2006, 07:58 AM   #3
MVP

slapnutz2k2's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Quicker release edit?

Not sure if you're talking about the receiver being 10 yards or 40 yards down field. If it's 40, then the QB won't just throw the ball. He will go through a motion where he steps foward to get some power behind the throw.

A few things you can try.

1. QB Evade is your friend!

2. Increase the QB's arm strength. Not sure if it really works the way you want it to, I'm still testing out some things.

3. I believe you can down the pass button for a "rocket" pass. He might release the ball faster.
Old 10-14-2006, 03:38 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Quicker release edit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapnutz2k2
Not sure if you're talking about the receiver being 10 yards or 40 yards down field. If it's 40, then the QB won't just throw the ball. He will go through a motion where he steps foward to get some power behind the throw.

A few things you can try.

1. QB Evade is your friend!

2. Increase the QB's arm strength. Not sure if it really works the way you want it to, I'm still testing out some things.

3. I believe you can down the pass button for a "rocket" pass. He might release the ball faster.
QB evade can bee too foney and take too long. Increase in arm strength does not seem to increase release at all. "Rocket" ball actually should take longer instead of a soft loft pass such as a dump to RB in flats or quick dump to TE 5 yds in front of you. This is a big pain in the rear.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »