Home

Blast from the past...1979

This is a discussion on Blast from the past...1979 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2006, 09:37 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Blast from the past...1979

Sweet. Now I can bring back the the haunting memories of my childhood with Walter Payton running behind one of the worst offensive lines in history.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:40 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Were you able to get the teams to be from their original location (Los Angeles Rams - St. Louis Rams)(Houston-Tennessee)??
Old 06-21-2006, 02:09 PM   #11
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

OVR: 8

Raoul76,
I thought about doing the 79 schedule, but i wouldn't know how to work in the teams that didn't exist so i'm just using the default schedule while trying to get the divisions as close as possible. There were six divisions in 79 so its impossible to set them up exact.

jackramfan,
Nope not possible...the rams will still be the St. Louis Rams, but at least the old uni's are all there. I was hoping to be able to at least change the stadium in franchise, but i guess its only possible in exibition...would have been nice to be able to chose one of the generic domes for the Oilers, outdoor stadium for the Rams, ect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2006, 02:54 PM   #12
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

maidenvoyage,
I did the ratings mostly from memory, i guess i need to bump the Bears o-line down? They did finish 10-6 though so i guess it wasn't all bad.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:52 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadedSteeler
Raoul76,
I thought about doing the 79 schedule, but i wouldn't know how to work in the teams that didn't exist so i'm just using the default schedule while trying to get the divisions as close as possible. There were six divisions in 79 so its impossible to set them up exact.
Can you tell me where I can find the original 1979 schedule? Maybe I can make something of it...
NBA: CHICAGO BULLS
NCAA: TEXAS LONGHORNS
FIFA: THE NETHERLANDS
UEFA:
FEYENOORD ROTTERDAM, REAL MADRID
Old 06-21-2006, 04:23 PM   #14
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

Right here...

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/re...nt&Season=1979
Old 06-23-2006, 07:47 PM   #15
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

I currently have about 10 teams renamed on my next classic year file...1986. My buddies who are all Browns fans requested this one...guess they want a little revenge on Elway.

Any more thoughts or comments on the '79 file? Maybe its mostly a younger crowd here? Those that have downloaded the file what do you think of it? Would people here be interested in an '86 roster?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2006, 08:47 PM   #16
Rookie

WARPATHEB's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadedSteeler
I currently have about 10 teams renamed on my next classic year file...1986. My buddies who are all Browns fans requested this one...guess they want a little revenge on Elway.

Any more thoughts or comments on the '79 file? Maybe its mostly a younger crowd here? Those that have downloaded the file what do you think of it? Would people here be interested in an '86 roster?
Hey DreadedSteeler! I love your roster man it excellent I know how hard it is to make a roster edit for times pass. I made the Tecmo Super Bowl roster which is for the 90 season. I was wondering if you would be interested in making an All-Time Roster Edit for each team with me? I think that between the both of us we could make an outstanding roster. Just a thought hit me back about it.

And As Always,
LONG LIVE 2K

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »