Home

I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU THAT WE WON'T STOP - "ALTERNATE VERSIONS" OF THE OSCD ROSTER!

This is a discussion on I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU THAT WE WON'T STOP - "ALTERNATE VERSIONS" OF THE OSCD ROSTER! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2006, 09:28 AM   #97
MVP

FunNgun034's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU THAT WE WON'T STOP - "ALTERNATE VERSIONS" OF THE OSCD ROSTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
No not really the DL edits were not in the last roster because I left out the global edit for the DE & DT, no one caught it and the file was posted but it wasn't intentional I usually go over it abit more carefully but working both files and "Alternates" has been a busy task lately but I manage.

Both files are excellent and give you the choice to go "Totally" global as in the "Aggression Model" 64/127 or "Partially" global with all players excluding the defensive linemen (DE & DT) edited...the "Aggression" edit DE & DTs have no global "Aggressive" edits associated with them all others are left intact as in previous versions so you can consider the second (Dlinemen) file an "Alternate" version since it contains partial edits.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101 aka "Jack Bauer"

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call … The Twilight Zone aka "OS...Da Spot".
— Rod Serling
what are some of the changes i should notice with dline edit..do
Old 08-12-2006, 02:37 PM   #98
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Re: I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU THAT WE WON'T STOP - "ALTERNATE VERSIONS" OF THE OSCD ROSTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunNgun034
what are some of the changes i should notice with dline edit..do

They are not using the "Aggression Model" 64/127 edits.

Holla Back y'all

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call … The Twilight Zone aka "OS...Da Spot"
— Rod Serling

Last edited by Rickster101; 08-12-2006 at 02:40 PM.
Old 08-12-2006, 03:57 PM   #99
Banned

OVR: 18

Rickster, I have been searching the forum and I can't find Finns editor. I recently purchased an action replay so that I can download the editor and your rosters. I have never done his before so bear with me (I know you always suggest to prior posters like myself to search the forum for info). Just direct me to what I need to download and I will attempt to do the rest. Thanks in advance. Also, you guys are a helluvah team!
Old 08-12-2006, 09:48 PM   #100
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
Rickster, I have been searching the forum and I can't find Finns editor. I recently purchased an action replay so that I can download the editor and your rosters. I have never done his before so bear with me (I know you always suggest to prior posters like myself to search the forum for info). Just direct me to what I need to download and I will attempt to do the rest. Thanks in advance. Also, you guys are a helluvah team!

Well you appear to be a nice guy same as me I wonder who what would of lead you to believe I'd just merely suggest searching the forums all the time, point is you at least tried and thats the best you can do about it next thing is to simply ask and "BAM" there it is, have fun bro and I'll check you out in the forums!

"Oh I'm not so bad once you get to know me."

As quoted by Agent Smith from the Matrax.

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/flyingfinn/roster.htm

Holla Back y'all

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call … The Twilight Zone aja "OS...Da Spot".
— Rod Serling
Old 08-13-2006, 11:23 AM   #101
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Well you appear to be a nice guy same as me I wonder who what would of lead you to believe I'd just merely suggest searching the forums all the time, point is you at least tried and thats the best you can do about it next thing is to simply ask and "BAM" there it is, have fun bro and I'll check you out in the forums!

"Oh I'm not so bad once you get to know me."

As quoted by Agent Smith from the Matrax.

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/flyingfinn/roster.htm

Holla Back y'all

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call … The Twilight Zone aja "OS...Da Spot".
— Rod Serling

Thanks a lot Rickster, again you guys do one heckuvah job with all of this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2006, 11:18 PM   #102
MVP

FunNgun034's Arena

ok,, what file would you recomend..i like total realism..64/127 more like that?

thanks
Old 08-16-2006, 12:08 AM   #103
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunNgun034
ok,, what file would you recomend..i like total realism..64/127 more like that?

thanks

Well now lets see...try em' both and see what you do and don't like about em' its hard for me to actually reccomend something that you might feel differently about and play as well.

My style of play is "Pro" style and I've been into that since my old "Pop Warner" days, nothings changed since then and when playing 2K Football thats what I try to get outta the game from the opening sequences to the final gun...realisim thru and thru at least for me, if I had to actually recommend a roster set out of these two I've been working on my preference would lean towards the OSCDRv series without "Global" edits but thats just me and I'm cool with them more for "Franchise" modes.

My concerns are with the 64/127 "Aggression Model" in Franchise mode it appears that to level the playing field with the in-coming rookie class you'll have to apply that edit to the whole class also to get them align with that particular edit which shouldn't be a problem if you've access to Finns editor and don't corrupt the file....I imagine NFL2K has had success using his version in Franchise but I really can't comment on their succes since I don't follow his threads and replies but I assume they've met with great success from what little I have been able to read at his new site.

Total realisim in the final analysis is up to the "End" user I'm just the guy who does the rosters and fills in the data with seasonal updates hopefully close to actual performances by the NFL players using researched data but I'm not able to tell how you handle them bro and how real they are for you but for me they're doing fine from what I've been experiencing with them.

The game was well put together not perfect (Stands the test of time) IMO for guys like me who work with it and use applications like Finns editor and understanding its sometimes quirky gameplay somehow guys like us just figure it out and do what we do, try em' both and pull the trigger you know what you like and there are other files coming out so you'll have a choice with them also so check em' all out for now these seem to be holding up fairly well and I'm still workin' em' and havin' fun for now!

Holla Back y'all

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call … The Twilight Zone aka "OS...Da Spot".
— Rod Serling
Old 08-16-2006, 09:15 PM   #104
MVP

FunNgun034's Arena

Quote:
Well now lets see...try em' both and see what you do and don't like about em' its hard for me to actually reccomend something that you might feel differently about and play as well.

My style of play is "Pro" style and I've been into that since my old "Pop Warner" days, nothings changed since then and when playing 2K Football thats what I try to get outta the game from the opening sequences to the final gun...realisim thru and thru at least for me, if I had to actually recommend a roster set out of these two I've been working on my preference would lean towards the OSCDRv series without "Global" edits but thats just me and I'm cool with them more for "Franchise" modes.

My concerns are with the 64/127 "Aggression Model" in Franchise mode it appears that to level the playing field with the in-coming rookie class you'll have to apply that edit to the whole class also to get them align with that particular edit which shouldn't be a problem if you've access to Finns editor and don't corrupt the file....I imagine NFL2K has had success using his version in Franchise but I really can't comment on their succes since I don't follow his threads and replies but I assume they've met with great success from what little I have been able to read at his new site.

Total realisim in the final analysis is up to the "End" user I'm just the guy who does the rosters and fills in the data with seasonal updates hopefully close to actual performances by the NFL players using researched data but I'm not able to tell how you handle them bro and how real they are for you but for me they're doing fine from what I've been experiencing with them.

The game was well put together not perfect (Stands the test of time) IMO for guys like me who work with it and use applications like Finns editor and understanding its sometimes quirky gameplay somehow guys like us just figure it out and do what we do, try em' both and pull the trigger you know what you like and there are other files coming out so you'll have a choice with them also so check em' all out for now these seem to be holding up fairly well and I'm still workin' em' and havin' fun for now!

Holla Back y'all

— Rod Serling
I myself, like realism..i have just been playing quick games..not enough time for franchises...But i do like the way the offensive lineman pull to help block..that would be 64/127....thanks ric..had a great game tonight beat the bears 27-24...with a last sec touchdown...always great gameplay ..i hope to god that the 2k series will continue once the 5 years is up

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »