Home

Attribute Meanings

This is a discussion on Attribute Meanings within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2006, 02:09 PM   #25
Rookie

tpaterniti's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Attribute Meanings

I know that WRs with low COM drop the ball a lot, especially when you're losing.

Last edited by tpaterniti; 07-05-2006 at 01:04 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2006, 02:17 PM   #26
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpaterniti
I know that WRs with low COM drop the ball a lot, especially when you're loosing.
Good to know....and especially what it should be.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:06 AM   #27
Rookie

tpaterniti's Arena

I play with the Ravens and Travis Taylor always dropped a lot of balls. I wondered why b/c his catch is pretty high, but I finally figured out it was composure. Same with weekly prep. If your team's focus is low at the end of the week, 1.) They don't train as well and their attributes don't go up as much and 2.) they play sloppy in the game, including, among other things, dropped passes.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:38 PM   #28
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Well, it may take some time to figure how what the cut point is for composure beween good and great receivers, but most every team has that go to guy for late in the game. I guess it can be looked upon as the "clutch" factor. I would say look at last year's stats and adjust that attribute accordingly. I know you have me thinking about it.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:59 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 18
Question Re: Attribute Meanings

How would composure affect a RB?

I mean wish there was a list for each position. I just wanna know how this rating affects each position.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:46 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Here's 4 QB comparisons (bottom half of attributes); 3 scramblers and 1 pocket (though I don't think of McNair as the scrambler/runner he once was):

If these QB's play against you, what are their stats like? I am having a fairly hard time getting the computer to throw decent percentages. Most QB's should complete between 50 and 70 percent of their passes. If the cpu makes it much higher than 45 they're doing great.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:49 PM   #31
Rookie

tpaterniti's Arena

When I didn't know about NFL players as much I relied on stats a lot. But now that I know quite a bit about every team (I watched about 85% of all NFL games the last 2 years), I don't need stats as much.

Believe me, it is really more of an art than a science. This is especially the case when it comes to composure. How do you quantify that? This whole process is turning what someone does in real life into a set of numbers that should supposedly reproduce those reults in the game. Very tricky. I'm not saying you shouldn't use stats because I do. Just that with several attributes you have to go with your knowledge, your memory, and your gut.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2006, 10:58 PM   #32
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

I have been testing myself and I think the composure rating on offense is how willing are you to take a hit to gain yards. So if your a finesse back then probably you would want him with a low composure rating since he doesn't want to get touched, if he's a power back then on 3rd down and tough yardage taking a hit should be of no concern to him thus giving him more composure. As for a wide receiver I guess this would fall into the category of how "tough" is he when it comes to making a big catch and taking the hit. Is he so scared to get hit he lets the ball float threw his hands to avoid the hit, thus a guy like keyshawn johnson would probably have a higher composure since he will go over the middle and take the hit to make the catch. Same for the QB, high composure probably means he will do what ever it takes to make the play even if it means taking a big hit to complete the pass. Punt returner may just call fair catch if his composure is to low and is not willing to take a hit to gain yards.

On defense I am not to sure what effects composure has on the players. It may mean the balance of going for the ball or going for the tackle not sure still testing myself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »