Home

G.O.A.T. ROSTER EDIT

This is a discussion on G.O.A.T. ROSTER EDIT within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2007, 04:46 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: G.O.A.T. ROSTER EDIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARPATHEB
I used Colan because it pretty close to the real thing
there is no reason to do this though. you can always safely create a new name without ever using the in-game CAP feature. Obviously you know most of this... but i'll throw it up here to help others who might not:

CREATING NEW NAMES USING THE EDITOR
When you click on a player's first or last name in the editor you will reveal the game's name database. Most names will have several slots (several examples of the name Smith for instance). Though every slot for a name may or may not be occupied, they can all be classified in one of two ways:

1. Smith=[John Smith, Aaron Smith]*
2. Smith=[John Smith, Aaron Smith]

1) Editable name slot:
Anytime you see an asterisk (*) symbol after the brackets like in the first example, you can manually change that name by just typing a replacement (Conlan for instance). Anyone assigned to that slot would now be named Conlan too.
2) Permanent name slot:
If there is no asterisk symbol, it means this specific name slot will always exist in the database (it would likely be used as a generated name for draft prospects in franchise mode). If you were to assign a player to one of these slots, you would see that the name slot becomes "grayed out." It cannot be edited/replaced with a different name.

Primary Method:
The best way to create a new name IMO is to find a name that fits the following two conditions:
1) it has at least 2 slots; one without an asterisk (permanent) & one or more with an asterisk (changeable)
2) one of the asterisk name slots is empty-- it has no players currently assigned to it

Simply assign your player to the empty asterisk slot and then manually type in your new name-- it replaces the previous entry.

In just quickly glancing at the latest GOAT post (Jan-11-07), both the names "Woodrow and Woods fall under these conditions. You could just replace either one of them with Conlan, and you haven't even deleted any names from the database that you may later want to use. There are likely many, many other examples of names meeting both conditions. I just went to the end of the alphabet & these two jumped right out at me.

Alternate Method

Even if you somehow used up and "ran out" of all names meeting the 2 conditions above, you can still safely create new names without removing any default names, although it takes a little longer:
1) Choose a name with many existing slots (Johnson, William, John, Aaron, etc... a common name)
2) Assign the player you want to rename (Shane Conlan for instance) to one of these slots WITH an asterisk.
3) Rename the slot to Conlan in this case (any other players already assigned under this slot will also be changed to Conlan of course)
4) Use the search feature to find all the Conlans you just created-- if there were several players already assigned to the slot & the name could be a first OR last name, then be sure to search "Conlan" twice; once as a first & once as a last name. For example, the name "Brooks" could be both a first and last name.
5) Assign all the unintended name changes BACK to their original name, under one of the other remaining slots this time.

From all my experimenting, there is no limit-- as far as I can tell-- to the amount of players you can pile up onto one name slot. However, there are soo many available names to change, there is no reason to pile all the "Aarons" or "Johns" or whoever on top of one slot, so just use different names each time. In my experience though, I have piled more than 10 players onto one name slot with no ill effects.

Even if you chose to remove all instances of a default name from the file, you could always just recreate it again on top of another name whenever you wanted.

Last edited by puja21; 02-14-2007 at 05:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2007, 09:54 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 3

I saw this project referenced in a newer post - I was just wondering what the status was of this project! Thanks, hope to see this roster file soon... its getting me excited for APF 2K8.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:36 PM   #67
MVP

FunNgun034's Arena

OVR: 20

what about Bo Jackson... He was a beast before his career ending injury.. could have broke all the rushing records
Old 05-18-2007, 01:38 PM   #68
Rookie

BO Jackson wouldnt have broken anything . He was good but not 'tecmo bowl' like. I'm just trying to figure out who's mellon is bigger barry bonds or bo jackson's? both sprinkle roids on thier corn flakes.
Old 05-19-2007, 12:50 PM   #69
Rookie

WARPATHEB's Arena

Talking Re: G.O.A.T. ROSTER EDIT

Working on the Packers right now got about 7 teams left 2 do. I had actually finished all the teams but my computer crashed and erased almost all my data. so I had to almost start over from scratch . I' ve finally got back 2 where I was before so U guys should B Cing some results real soon.

And As Always,
LONG LIVE 2K
WARPATHEB
Old 05-19-2007, 01:01 PM   #70
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARPATHEB
Working on the Packers right now got about 7 teams left 2 do. I had actually finished all the teams but my computer crashed and erased almost all my data. so I had to almost start over from scratch . I' ve finally got back 2 where I was before so U guys should B Cing some results real soon.
Good to hear! I downloaded an older version of the file, and the Patriots didn't seem quite finished. There were a couple of players missing. But take your time and don't rush it, because this is looking to be a fantastic roster file.

By the way, how do you approach the player pictures? I noticed that a lot of guys just have the picture from a guy on the team that they are replacing. Do you have any intention of giving them pictures? I know some folks hating using 'fake' pictures from other players, but I think if you can get close, and you're not too picky, it creates more of an 'authentic' feel. Thanks and keep up the good work!
Old 05-19-2007, 07:28 PM   #71
Rookie

WARPATHEB's Arena

Talking Re: G.O.A.T. ROSTER EDIT

I just finished the Cardinals and i'm now working on the Falcons. I was looking at the UNK stat does that have any effect on how a player plays during the game? I went through and adjusted most of the players rating. I'm working 2 jobs now so my editing time has been cut down a lot, but I will try 2 do 1 team a day until I'm done.

G.O.A.T. Roster Edit:
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_GreatsRost7a.zip (250.1 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by WARPATHEB; 05-26-2007 at 04:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2007, 09:47 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 2

Great job! My Vikes are great!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »