Home

2006 rookie pics

This is a discussion on 2006 rookie pics within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2006, 07:59 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: 2006 rookie pics

it's seems it would not only be possible to this, but also to incorporate any other graphics you want to see in the game... if we could successfully patch an image of 2K5.

this is straight from the mouth of a certain someone who makes editors for us:
"Is it possible to patch NFL2k5 for use on a modded xbox... most likely. However, in order to do so, the compression algo. of the graphics files needs to be cracked in order to swap in different graphics etc..."

this is done already for Konami's Winning Eleven 9 (AKA Pro Evolution Soccer elsewhere in the world) and people add different shoes, real uniforms, stadium ads, faces, real balls. As you can imagine, if we could do something similar here the possibilities become endless...
Old 07-12-2006, 08:13 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

omg!!!!
that wud be sooo amazing (the soccer game thing)
Old 07-12-2006, 08:15 PM   #11
Sexiest Woman Alive!

Peji911's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
it's seems it would not only be possible to this, but also to incorporate any other graphics you want to see in the game... if we could successfully patch an image of 2K5.

this is straight from the mouth of a certain someone who makes editors for us:
"Is it possible to patch NFL2k5 for use on a modded xbox... most likely. However, in order to do so, the compression algo. of the graphics files needs to be cracked in order to swap in different graphics etc..."

this is done already for Konami's Winning Eleven 9 (AKA Pro Evolution Soccer elsewhere in the world) and people add different shoes, real uniforms, stadium ads, faces, real balls. As you can imagine, if we could do something similar here the possibilities become endless...

now the hard part....who actually knows anything about this besides finn?

imagine we could put stuff like underarmor, nike, rbk, etc, and all that other fun stuff into the game, even coaches... ooooooohhhhhh man
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2006, 08:22 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 9

lol that would godly
Old 07-12-2006, 10:39 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 20

well... obviously this would just be the verrrrry beginning of a long and tedious process, but if we really wanted to try and undertake such a project, I suppose the best place to start would be:

the forums at pesinsight.com

the admins and diehards there are masters of patching their game of choice (ProEvolution Soccer/Winning Eleven) There are plenty of FAQs, so at some point some people had to actually do the work to get it to this nice, polished place today.

And if you think about it, because the PES/WE series is played in large numbers on PS2, XBox, & PC and is also available all over the world in NTSC & PAL, these guys had it way harder than us;

They had to do what Finn describes to each one of these different games... and on top of that, various people worked to create the many different patches that are available for all these different versions (in the same way that there are tons of rosters/sliders available for 2K games here at OS).

Even more shocking is that this game already has a perfectly flawless editor incorporated within it (NO freezing- can you imagine???) allowing you to add such logos as Puma, Nike, Adidas, as well as relatively accurate uniform layouts and team symbols: you can edit layers and colors just like Photoshop to do emblems and such. It even allows you to copy your rosters over from year-to-year as the series advances. And yet, the community for patching still exists... (spoiled, arent they)

Regretably, I lack the programming ability- even the groundwork- to work on a comparable project for 2K5, but the fact that the PESinsight guys are out there gives me hope that such a community could develop for our favorite football game.

The big hook i think that holds it back here (besides the backbreaking labor and programming knowledge) is the fact that from what i'm told, i'm in the minority with a modded xbox on which to use a patched game.

but i can still dream...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »