Home

Blast from the past...1979

This is a discussion on Blast from the past...1979 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2006, 08:45 PM   #1
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

OVR: 8
Blast from the past...1979

This is a complete roster file of the 1979 season. The steel curtain, doomsday defense, the orange crush, air coryell, luv ya blue, and those cardiac kids are all here!

This roster includes completed depth charts (although i couldn't find info on punt and kick returners for all the teams), equipment from back in the day, correct heights, weights, schools, PBP names, ect.

As for the teams that didn't exist Jaguars, Panthers, Ravens, and Texans, i thought it best just to reduce their ratings and give them fake names...didn't want to see Jamaal Lewis or Fred Taylor in the league leaders in 1979. Basically those teams are gimme wins if there on your schedule.

This is the file i've wanted to do forever now, so a big thanks to Finn for making it possible. Took me at least a couple of months to complete this, but it was really worth it...takes me back to my youth

Enjoy.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_1979DSteel.zip (249.5 KB, 91 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2006, 09:21 PM   #2
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Blast from the past...1979

giddie up......
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 06-20-2006, 09:21 PM   #3
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadedSteeler
This is a complete roster file of the 1979 season. The steel curtain, doomsday defense, the orange crush, air coryell, luv ya blue, and those cardiac kids are all here!

This roster includes completed depth charts (although i couldn't find info on punt and kick returners for all the teams), equipment from back in the day, correct heights, weights, schools, PBP names, ect.

As for the teams that didn't exist Jaguars, Panthers, Ravens, and Texans, i thought it best just to reduce their ratings and give them fake names...didn't want to see Jamaal Lewis or Fred Taylor in the league leaders in 1979. Basically those teams are gimme wins if there on your schedule.

This is the file i've wanted to do forever now, so a big thanks to Finn for making it possible. Took me at least a couple of months to complete this, but it was really worth it...takes me back to my youth

Enjoy.

The Cleveland Browns and those "Cardiac Kids", thank you this brings back some great memories from back in da day bro and as a Browns fan I really appreciate you doing these I really do, again thanks....now back to the game NBA Finals Baby its game time!

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101 aka "Jack Bauer"
Old 06-20-2006, 09:42 PM   #4
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

Thanks...it was definately the toughest and most time consuming file i've ever done, but i do plan at least one more.

Some more notes for this file...

There were at least four teams that that ran a 3-4 defense...the Dolphins, Chiefs, Bucs, and Bills.

Franco Harris and William Andrews were listed as fullbacks, but i put them at halfback since they also lined up there and were the primary backs. Other fullbacks like Riggins and Sam Cunningham can still get plenty of carries by selecting the Bucs playbook.

Downloading songs like the Oilers fight song helps too
Old 06-20-2006, 09:52 PM   #5
MVP

koebner's Arena

OVR: 13

A simply awesome file...I can't wait to play some games with this one!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2006, 05:25 AM   #6
Rookie

WARPATHEB's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadedSteeler

Enjoy.
I remember you saying that you were working on this file a little while ago glad to see you completed it. Will mos def give it try I love old school.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:02 AM   #7
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

Thanks guys, and likewise i'm very much looking forward to the completion of the 1990 file...great stuff! 2K5 just gets better with age
Old 06-21-2006, 09:04 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

Great work! Is it possible to give it the official 1979 schedule?
NBA: CHICAGO BULLS
NCAA: TEXAS LONGHORNS
FIFA: THE NETHERLANDS
UEFA:
FEYENOORD ROTTERDAM, REAL MADRID

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »