Home

?? for Rickster....

This is a discussion on ?? for Rickster.... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-18-2006, 10:31 PM   #1
bls
MVP

OVR: 8
?? for Rickster....

Is it possible for you to explain to me the reason behind the global edits of the linebackers which have an aggression of 127 and the offensive linemen which have an aggression of 64? I've been playing my friend using these updated rosters and he's been killing me using that bounce off of me juke move. He uses the Steelers and I use the Patriots. Just seems like my everyone either slips on each running play or when he does that juke no one actually goes to tackle him. I mean the running game is nothin i've ever seen before and i've been playing 2k5 for a minute now. Just wondering the purpose of those edits?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2006, 11:45 PM   #2
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: ?? for Rickster....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
Is it possible for you to explain to me the reason behind the global edits of the linebackers which have an aggression of 127 and the offensive linemen which have an aggression of 64? I've been playing my friend using these updated rosters and he's been killing me using that bounce off of me juke move. He uses the Steelers and I use the Patriots. Just seems like my everyone either slips on each running play or when he does that juke no one actually goes to tackle him. I mean the running game is nothin i've ever seen before and i've been playing 2k5 for a minute now. Just wondering the purpose of those edits?

I really can't take any real create for their creation and concept that honor belongs to a fellow roster maker at another site named NFL2K, the 64/127 Aggression Model was his creation and idea that he came up with soley on his own via his own research and experience with the game I happen to like and appreciate what they do for the game in terms of its realistic gameplaying presentations and incorporated it in the OSCD18 roster file along with my own adjustments and gameplay observations that were well recieved here at "OS...Da Spot".

Other then that the base concept of having the "Aggression" set at such a high level is to induce into the game a more "harden" aspect to the game via its gameplay they are by no means easy and if you'll notice the gameplay is at another "Level" in its more realistic contact and collision detection of certain animations and gameplay senerios,when you're hit you can see and feel the difference in its now more "Aggressive" nature.

For a true apprecition of what NFL2K has come up with I've included a link that will explain the whole concept and application of just how the 64/127 Aggression Model works according to his work and research dealing with them.

The rosters I've come up with here are my POV on what he uses as far as 64/127 goes but they differ totally in the whole make up between his rosters and what rating I/we use as part of STANDARDS we've set up, I only used what worked for me in using the "Aggression Model" as something I've found along with members here to work quite well among ourselves here at OS so we could see what they were all about also and so far they've proven to hold up quite well doing exactly what I expected them to in presenting a more aggressive yet good feeling Football experience that adds another diminsion to the game if you can hold up to dealing with its "Aggressive" nature. Now heres that link you need to check out!

Now remember he has his own rosters and sliders he uses so of course they're going to be differences in what you see and how they play so just keep that inmind when dealing with the different rosters we showcase here at "OS...Da Spot" and the ones they showcase at the site 2ksports we have guys here who have contrubuted alot to our own "Community" rosters with altenate versions of them also so look around and check em' all out they're all pretty good and stay pretty much current!

http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84895

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101 aka "Jack Bauer"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »