Home

injuries not going away

This is a discussion on injuries not going away within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-17-2006, 08:31 AM   #1
Rookie

spooon's Arena

OVR: 2
injuries not going away

i'm using ESPNNFL2K5_OSCD18.zip

anyone else have this issue? i've seen ppl go down with 3 week injuries and to later find out it's season ending. I don't think one person has come back from injury. the never heal.

Not sure if it's because we had edited the schedule or what, but every injury is now a season.

also, I'm assuming the best simulated stats for cpu sim is 5min to get as close to nfl stats? from the couple sims i've done it is but it's harder to get my defense to match stats cause they have less plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2006, 01:50 PM   #2
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: injuries not going away

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooon
i'm using ESPNNFL2K5_OSCD18.zip

anyone else have this issue? i've seen ppl go down with 3 week injuries and to later find out it's season ending. I don't think one person has come back from injury. the never heal.

Not sure if it's because we had edited the schedule or what, but every injury is now a season.

also, I'm assuming the best simulated stats for cpu sim is 5min to get as close to nfl stats? from the couple sims i've done it is but it's harder to get my defense to match stats cause they have less plays.

Thats odd and a first for me actually hearing of injuries in that fashion...odd indeed and no I haven't seen that myself.

Big difference bro between a "Sim" season and actual gameplay, the engine for simulated games is generally assumed to be handled in a whole different mannor thus not seen as a true barometer to measure statistical data in-game...it just doesn't work like that, the sim aspect is based on a seperate game engine all together taking into account a whole different set of parameters for simulated games.

To see this process abit more hands on I'd try checking out a "GAMECAST" and actually see that "Sim" engine develope and check out the sequence of plays and gameplay depicted by the "CPU" simming using the "GAMECAST" feature...its my opinion that the "GAMECAST" uses a different sim engine also and I've had great success myself using it. As for the sim time I use 5 to 6 minutes myself leaning towards the 6 minute mark for my own personal use and figures I want to see generated buts thats a personal choice and preference I have chosen others my differ, you may have to tweak that game time per quarter to get the "GAMECAST" feature to generate proper stats...check it out and see what happens!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101 aka "Jack Bauer"

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call The Twilight Zone aka "OS...Da Spot".
Rod Serling
Old 08-17-2006, 02:56 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10

You get more injuries when you sim games. Its VC way to keep you playing and not simming all your games. Whan I sim I check ESPN.com for any injuries and if there aren't any I save. Then sim the next game. If you try and sim twice and someone still gets hurt I play that game.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:44 PM   #4
Rookie

spooon's Arena

OVR: 2

withour offline league, we can't play some owners heads up so instead of doing a quick sim. we actually have the game fully sim. as in both teams playing but both controllers are cpu controlled. not sure if that is the same as gamecast as that was our other choice. we did this too as we actually tape it just incase someone was shaddy.

looking into the injuries and might be because of the finn editor cause we jacked u the schedule so we all played in a certain order. that might be it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »