Home

possible corruption of roster file-need help

This is a discussion on possible corruption of roster file-need help within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2006, 04:00 PM   #1
Rookie

sventheone's Arena

OVR: 4
possible corruption of roster file-need help

i downloaded a roster file and it worked thru week 7 or 8...i went back and edited some changes in the file and now whenever i go into the substitution menu it freezes right away. I have 2 copies of the 2k5 disk and they both freeze at the same point. so, i'm sure it's not the disk. I just dl'd a new roster file from rickster so i'll just have to start my titans franchise over. Has anyone run into these issues?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2006, 04:06 PM   #2
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: possible corruption of roster file-need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by sventheone
i downloaded a roster file and it worked thru week 7 or 8...i went back and edited some changes in the file and now whenever i go into the substitution menu it freezes right away. I have 2 copies of the 2k5 disk and they both freeze at the same point. so, i'm sure it's not the disk. I just dl'd a new roster file from rickster so i'll just have to start my titans franchise over. Has anyone run into these issues?
Start up with a new playbook. At least, that's what happened to me... except it froze after kickoff.

Now, as the Chargers, every time I fire up the game, I have to load up my playbook, which is actually the Eagles' playbook (I'm used to it because I was them for 2K4).
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 01-03-2020 at 08:19 PM.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:05 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sventheone
This issue is not a downloaded roster issue. When you make so many substitutions over the years the game will lock up for no apparent reason. The only solution is to use another team's playbook. If you need to change people's positions and have an XBOX, don't make subs, just switch their position via finns editor. This issue happened to me 12 years into my Denver franchise, after like 50 subs, of course this was pre-finn. I love you man.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:20 PM   #4
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

You're saying you're playing about 1/2 the season and then editing. Are you editing the original roster file you started the season with, or are you editing players part way through the season. If it's the latter, that's probably your problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »