Home

Daflyboys 2K7 Ver. 2!!

This is a discussion on Daflyboys 2K7 Ver. 2!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2006, 10:16 AM   #9
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Daflyboys 2K7 Ver. 2!!

In case you didn't see it....it's here: DFB New Franchise *** All Teams
Old 09-18-2006, 12:25 PM   #10
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

Gordie,

Nice work on these....I will give 'em a go soon. I'm back on current-gen since my 360 died twice within a month of purchase (and was promptly returned). Have your edits been able to reduce the CPU INT's and increase their completion %?
Old 09-18-2006, 12:58 PM   #11
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyermania
Gordie,
Have your edits been able to reduce the CPU INT's and increase their completion %?
Ya, that was my main mission. I've had to sacrifice sim stats in order to do so, but I can live with that. However, I don't think every sim stat is skewed, mainly pass perc. and maybe total yds. Unfortunately, simmed games don't respond to the sliders.

I restarted my franchise since I re-tooled roster ver. 2 and played Chiefs (me)/Bengals (cpu) from week 1. 42-35 final on 9 min. qtrs. I didn't copy every stat down, so going from memory, Rudi J. had about 115 and 2 TD's due to mainly two fairly long runs. LJ on the other hand didn't have a run over 9 yds, but grinded out 80 yds total and 3 TD's. Palmer threw in the high 60%'s for about 260ish yds with 3 TD's and 1 pick. I had to throw a lot with Green so I went for approx. 350 and roughly the same perc., though I threw 2 picks, with the last being very costly as the LB nabbed it and scooted down the sideline. The cool thing about that was that O-linemen were trying to catch him and they didn’t have a chance! I've gotta tone down Sammie Parker's attributes....he's a little too good.

I could see bumping up the coverage and pursuit maybe by one each for both cpu and human sliders.

Would be interested to hear of your results as well!

I'm probably going to release two other versions at present: one for ultra KR's and PR's as I want to see more variety in the return game; and two, for increasing overall speed, probably around 20 points for everybody. This is because when messing around on practice moves mode I noticed that LJ had a 40 time of around 6 secs. even when speed bursting and even with a running start! I want the players to play more of their real game speed with the game play in normal speed mode. I don't like the fast mode for some reason. Tends to look cartoon-ish. Should be interesting. I won't release another major roster update until about week 8 or 9.

P.S. NHL07 or K7 for the best offline sim game, bro? (current gen)

Last edited by daflyboys; 09-18-2006 at 01:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2006, 02:41 PM   #12
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

Sounds like good results. I am planning on picking up 2k5 again this week and will give you feedback when I give them a shot. Kudos for the time and effort you've put into these.

As far as 07 or 2k7, that is a tough question. I have not been happy with 2k7 so far at all, and while it's not a hardcore sim I have been very pleasantly surprised with 07. Who'da thunk it?

I may just go back to NHL 2k5 if I can't find happiness with this year's crop....long live Thorne & Clement!
Old 09-18-2006, 03:14 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Sounds like good results. I am planning on picking up 2k5 again this week and will give you feedback when I give them a shot. Kudos for the time and effort you've put into these.

As far as 07 or 2k7, that is a tough question. I have not been happy with 2k7 so far at all, and while it's not a hardcore sim I have been very pleasantly surprised with 07. Who'da thunk it?

I may just go back to NHL 2k5 if I can't find happiness with this year's crop....long live Thorne & Clement!
Can you list the reasons why your not happy with NHL 2k7?
Old 09-18-2006, 03:36 PM   #14
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bringer
Can you list the reasons why your not happy with NHL 2k7?
Here's just a few (keep in mind I've been strictly a 2k gamer for the past 2 seasons):

* Pro may be the level to go on this year. On All-Star the CPU had an insane speed advantage -- worst I've seen in the series. And this was with the sliders weighted in my favor. I will need to adjust the sliders for Pro as I was really dominating them with the above settings....but All-Star seems to be a joke this year.
* D-Men still skate like they are in mud --- it takes a second or two for them to pivot and get going (just like in 2k6). This results in a ton of odd-man rushes by the CPU. Hopefully going to Pro and eliminating the CPU speed cheat will help.
* Along with the wraparound, the goalie swiping his stick and knocking the puck in his own net goal is still in there.
* Hitting is WAY over the top --- even worse than 2k6. Calgary had 18 hits....that is a ton compared to 2k6. What really makes it a shame is 2k5 had it down perfectly....now every player can check and flatten anyone.
* Players all still feel the same...no difference in a star player and a 4th liner.
* Faceoff bug is still there. Not for me yet, but 3 times the CPU did not have a player in the faceoff circle.
* Poor CPU offensive AI is still in the game. I counted 4 times where they passed out of a clean breakaway, and they failed to take shot on a penalty shot.
* New camera angle creates a lot of slowdown/framerate issues, especially in the near corners.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:39 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Here's just a few (keep in mind I've been strictly a 2k gamer for the past 2 seasons):

* Pro may be the level to go on this year. On All-Star the CPU had an insane speed advantage -- worst I've seen in the series. And this was with the sliders weighted in my favor. I will need to adjust the sliders for Pro as I was really dominating them with the above settings....but All-Star seems to be a joke this year.
* D-Men still skate like they are in mud --- it takes a second or two for them to pivot and get going (just like in 2k6). This results in a ton of odd-man rushes by the CPU. Hopefully going to Pro and eliminating the CPU speed cheat will help.
* Along with the wraparound, the goalie swiping his stick and knocking the puck in his own net goal is still in there.
* Hitting is WAY over the top --- even worse than 2k6. Calgary had 18 hits....that is a ton compared to 2k6. What really makes it a shame is 2k5 had it down perfectly....now every player can check and flatten anyone.
* Players all still feel the same...no difference in a star player and a 4th liner.
* Faceoff bug is still there. Not for me yet, but 3 times the CPU did not have a player in the faceoff circle.
* Poor CPU offensive AI is still in the game. I counted 4 times where they passed out of a clean breakaway, and they failed to take shot on a penalty shot.
* New camera angle creates a lot of slowdown/framerate issues, especially in the near corners.

Do you think Player edits will help any of these problems? other then just sliders and Diff Lvls?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2006, 03:48 PM   #16
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

Not sure yet to be honest....I want to spend more time trying to tweak the sliders to see if that can fix some of the issues. Editing would be a pain as there won't be a global editor from Finn...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »