Home

most important o-line attribute??

This is a discussion on most important o-line attribute?? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2006, 10:55 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: most important o-line attribute??

I'm not trying to say I'm right and you're wrong or vice versa, I'm just letting you know what I've found from the testing that I've done. From the games that I've watched (I play coach mode), and the tweaks I have made, I am very satisfied with the interaction that happens.

When a lineman misses a block, is it his assignment or someone close by? Does he pick up anybody or just stand there looking silly? What are the aggression, composure, and consistency ratings?
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 09-23-2006, 12:42 PM   #10
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
I'm not trying to say I'm right and you're wrong or vice versa, I'm just letting you know what I've found from the testing that I've done. From the games that I've watched (I play coach mode), and the tweaks I have made, I am very satisfied with the interaction that happens.

When a lineman misses a block, is it his assignment or someone close by? Does he pick up anybody or just stand there looking silly? What are the aggression, composure, and consistency ratings?
hell i dont know so i know that i can't say that you are wrong i just noticed a couple of high overall rated players, missing a lot of blocks or just watching him run by especially high rated tackles with low aggression, if the d-end steps outside of the box (slide left or right) he loses his damn mind and refuses to block him so i was trying to pinpoint what causes that, i think that it is a combo of aggression and maybe consistency? any help that you can give me will be most appreciated
Old 09-23-2006, 02:10 PM   #11
Rookie

WARPATHEB's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOSILK
hell i dont know so i know that i can't say that you are wrong i just noticed a couple of high overall rated players, missing a lot of blocks or just watching him run by especially high rated tackles with low aggression, if the d-end steps outside of the box (slide left or right) he loses his damn mind and refuses to block him so i was trying to pinpoint what causes that, i think that it is a combo of aggression and maybe consistency? any help that you can give me will be most appreciated
Here is the file that you wanted have fun. Hit me back when you finish thanks 4 the help.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_GreatsRost7.zip (250.4 KB, 3 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2006, 03:52 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOSILK
Sorry if I sounded angry, I didn't mean to come across as such. Here are the edits that I did to the O-Lineman. I'm not sure which ones have what effect, but I know that I'm pleased with them.

Speed, Blocking, and Strength ratings from the earlier post.
Agility - Between 50 and 65
Composure - Between 60 and 99
Stamina - Between 70 and 80
Consistency - Between 60 and 99
Aggression is at 0 for now. This may be changed.

None of the other attributes affect the overall rating of the lineman, so I changed them all to 0 except for durability. That is between 65 and 99.

I'm not sure if you will be happy with the interaction between the o-line and d-line in my roster, but you can see when I upload it (probably about a week). I don't know how much the composure and consistency ratings change the way they play, but like I said before, this formula has worked to my satisfaction. As a matter of fact, one of the biggest concerns I've had with other roster sets is how much the consistency ratings are varied. For instance, if you have an o-lineman with a pass block rating of 90 and a consistency rating of 10 (which I've seen in some roster sets), it seems like that may be a reason why the player would miss a lot of blocks. Who knows? I am willing to take on a attribute editing project, kind of like the one on gamechewover.com, if people are willing to at least give ideas and possibly even help. If anybody is interested in this, give me a pm and we can start a new thread dedicated to testing attribute changes.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »