Home

DBF Roster Questions

This is a discussion on DBF Roster Questions within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2006, 08:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
DBF Roster Questions

Hey DBF, Great roster and sliders. I have a couple of questions if you don't mind.
First did I read you correct in that you never change people once the ball in snap (on defense that is) If so man I have much respect for you. I tried and it is hard. I like the extra challenge but wow to have the nerve to let the DB play that deep bomb all by himself, knowing that many times they get torched, that takes nerve. I'll have to work at it. Do you usually play with a LB or the line? Do you use speed burst?
Second, when you have the performance EQ on, does that then make every team even regardless of the individuals on the team? So, does it matter if they have Peyton Manning or Aaron Brooks?
Since all teams are controlled have you ever tried going into the gameplan and adjusting the coaching style for each team; I mean the run vs pass or blitz vs zone. I was just wondering if that would make them play a little more like their true counterparts.
Lastly thanks again for all the work that you and everyone else puts in on these rosters and such. I am so appreciative. I am pretty busy coaching football and teaching and what not but if there is anything that I can do to help, please let me know. Thanks, C-Bus
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2006, 08:38 PM   #2
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: DBF Roster Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Bus
Hey DBF, Great roster and sliders. I have a couple of questions if you don't mind.
First did I read you correct in that you never change people once the ball in snap (on defense that is) If so man I have much respect for you. I tried and it is hard. I like the extra challenge but wow to have the nerve to let the DB play that deep bomb all by himself, knowing that many times they get torched, that takes nerve. I'll have to work at it. Do you usually play with a LB or the line? Do you use speed burst?
Second, when you have the performance EQ on, does that then make every team even regardless of the individuals on the team? So, does it matter if they have Peyton Manning or Aaron Brooks?
Since all teams are controlled have you ever tried going into the gameplan and adjusting the coaching style for each team; I mean the run vs pass or blitz vs zone. I was just wondering if that would make them play a little more like their true counterparts.
Lastly thanks again for all the work that you and everyone else puts in on these rosters and such. I am so appreciative. I am pretty busy coaching football and teaching and what not but if there is anything that I can do to help, please let me know. Thanks, C-Bus
I think you mean me...lol. I may have to change my name to "DaBarFlys"!

I usually use the MLB, but if he's assigned to blitz, not always...if he is, then I'll use an OLB a lot, but I do like to manually blitz here and there. I'll manually play DB if the cpu goes to an all wideout formation.

I use speed burst, but not on manual blitzes. Also, I don't use speed burst with the QB once I cross the LOS.

Permformance EQ making all teams equal is a fallacy. It brings really poor attributes up some and takes very high level ones down some. It's generally seen as helping poor DB play and animations. It's not fool proof, but I think it helps DB's also.

I'm not sure how much those gameplay sliders have an effect on the teams. A while back someone put out gameplan sliders for all teams based on stats. Not sure if it has a profound effect.

Thanks for the props..... glad that some are enjoying the style I'm trying to capture in the game. And thanks for coaching the young folks in your own right.....teach them well!
Old 09-28-2006, 09:01 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

Sorry for the mixup DFB. Thanks for the info, I'll try it.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:30 AM   #4
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

The main help I need is to let me know if I created any glaring appearance mistakes, especially race. When I created Morten Andersen, I made him black. I'm not necessarily looking to get the created guys to look exactly like their real life counterparts, but I think the correct race color is pretty necessary!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »