Home

Daflyboys' "REAL NFL SPEED" Rosters

This is a discussion on Daflyboys' "REAL NFL SPEED" Rosters within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2006, 02:54 AM   #1
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Daflyboys' "REAL NFL SPEED" Rosters

Here's the first experimental roster and I really liked the outcome! Enhanced the speed for all positions globally, favoring the defense slightly. Gave RB's, WR's and DB's a little more agility as well. I like the feel of this and the look --- has more of an NFL level speed to it while still playing on "normal".

Experimental franchise game: Vikings (me) vs. Cowboys (cpu)

Halftime:
'Boys 21 *** Vikes 10

Bledsoe: 7/13 (after a cold start) for 140; 1 TD and 1 sack
Jones: 8/37 yds; Barber 1 carry for a 27 yd TD
Glenn: 5/123 and 1 TD (42 long)

Johnson: 7/14 for 132; 1 TD and 1 sack
C. Taylor: 13/40 yds
T. Taylor: 3/49 and 1 TD (28 long)

Final Cum. Game Stats:
'Boys 34 *** Vikes 24

Bledsoe: 14/21 for 240; 2TD's and 1 sack (67% pass comp.)
Jones: 21/93 and 1 TD (+ some clutch 3rd down runs)
Glenn: 7/167 and 1 TD; Crayton - 1 TD (Bledsoe looking his way after I dble'd Glenn a lot!)
Vanderjagt: 2/2 (44 long)
0 punts!

Johnson: 17-28 for 294; 1 TD and 2 sacks (61% pass comp.)
C. Taylor: 24/59 and 1 TD
T. Taylor: 7/102 and 1 TD
Williamson: 5/153
Longwell: 1/1 (42 yds)

TOP favored Vikes: 18:35 to 13:25 but total no. of plays seemed close to NFL avg.

Adjusted sliders slightly for this version. Liking this a whole lot more as the speed just seems dead NFL on! And ZERO Int's to boot!
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_2k7speedEX.zip (246.9 KB, 134 views)
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_SIMver15.zip (9.2 KB, 84 views)

Last edited by daflyboys; 09-19-2006 at 02:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2006, 04:32 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Daflyboys' "REAL NFL SPEED" Rosters

Dear Daflyboys,
I have tested your franchise file and the main problem I have noticed is that the simulated games finished all with a very high score,like 34 to 40.
Also the defense are really too easy to beat,I think they all need to be more good.
I'll try a new franchise using this new set of slider and roster and I hope the sim scores will be not too high and the defense will work better.
Anyway thanks for your work,but I hope you'll fix the problems!
Old 09-19-2006, 09:50 AM   #3
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

I can post a franchise file for these rosters later. Sliders won't affect simulated games. They're probably affected by the QB's ratings. There's nothing you can do about that which I explained in my other postings.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:21 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

Dear Daflyboys,
ok so please post here a FRANCHISE file based on your "REAL NFL SPEED" roster.
Many thanks in advance!
Old 09-19-2006, 11:39 AM   #5
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Will do bro.....gotta head to work now, but I'll get it on later. I have noticed that the effect is not as noticeable in the rain. I guess the framerate is still affected.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2006, 03:08 PM   #6
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Now thats what I'm talkon' about DBF these are really good rosters IMO and its been fun for me playing thru these.

They're about you best set to date next to your ver.2 rosters both excellent sets but this one is off da hook bro and I'm not easily impressed but I must say you've really done an overall excellnt job especially handling the edits they work just fine and you used them evenly across the board bringing balance to all the teams a momentus effort on your part unferstanding them.

About you best to date IMO and have really caught my attention which is saying alot...they do "Rock" and the sound very very unique adjusting them the way you did especially listening to the little details like the P.A. guy reverbing in the back ground very nice touch and sounds great!

Overall I really got into this new roster set with your own "Flavor" added to it like I said you've really impressed me with this set and you've come a long way bro doing rosters these show just how good you are in making rosters one of the "Best" IMO and I knew you'd keep at it.

Bro you have arrived and I'm glad you've stayed "Focused" and true to doing them with your very own and unique style...keep em' going DBF you're one of the best at putting them together the way you do, one of a kind and again about the best I've seen from your many rosters except the ver.2 I'm really diggin' those also...both rosters IMO are very "Hot" and I hope you'll keep em' up and going.

As you know some guys get turned off by global edits but you've done them the right way by taking the time to test and verify they work well for all teams something thats not easy to do but thanks to you guys can see they do work if applied and used the right way...you've out done yourself this time and have shown global edits are just as good if done the way you're doing them which is with your own style and unique prespective with that said stick with it and keep it real bro they "Rock" the only thing I changed was the qtr length time you know me ten (10) minutes Pro Style and in playing I had something that really made them work...fun!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101 aka "Jack Bauer"

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call … The Twilight Zone aka "OS...Da Spot".
Old 09-19-2006, 07:21 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 6

but arent these intended for human vs cpu games?....or r we just testing out the cpu offense
Old 09-19-2006, 10:14 PM   #8
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

This is for human vs. cpu. It's just another flavor, but the rosters are an offshoot of the others I did, so they're pretty current as of now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »