Home

Using the IR feature....

This is a discussion on Using the IR feature.... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2006, 02:46 PM   #1
Ageless Wonder

rumfinator's Arena

OVR: 11
Using the IR feature....

So, I have been playing around with Finn's editor and using the IR feature. I am wondering if anyone knows why I put some players on IR, other players will disappear? For example, I put Byron Leftwich on IR and David Garrard disappears from the game. I can search and find him in Finn's editor, but he is hiding in the game.

Thanks for any help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2006, 04:17 PM   #2
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Using the IR feature....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumfinator
So, I have been playing around with Finn's editor and using the IR feature. I am wondering if anyone knows why I put some players on IR, other players will disappear? For example, I put Byron Leftwich on IR and David Garrard disappears from the game. I can search and find him in Finn's editor, but he is hiding in the game.

Thanks for any help.

That feature of the editor does not work actually and isn't really part of editing featured in his editor for more details as to why it doesn't you should go to the source and ask Finn himself via his email or its possible he may see this post inquiring about that function but as far as I know it does not work at this time and only applies itself to editing functions not roster moves or adjustments those can be handled by the in-game features and again is not actually an editing function as in the arrangment of numbers implimented to create a players makeup but it does includes uniform editing not roster moves or player assigned to IR or simular functions those are done using the in-game features.

Your best option would be to seed him low on the depth chart if space is available or resort to placing him in the FA pool but in any case there is no IR placement or simular places as in the IR, PUP, or simular one seen or used in the real NFL the ones in the editor are non functional and not active at this time.

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101 aka "Jack Bauer"

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call … The Twilight Zone aka "OS...Da Spot".
— Rod Serling
Old 12-24-2006, 08:20 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 15

Dont use the IR feature in Finn's editor to place an injured player on IR as like you said, it will eliminate players.

You can use the IR feature for players who arent injured in-game but are injured in reality. For example, if you want, when you load the 2006 schedule in week 1, you can put players on IR like Curtis Martin, Priest Holmes, Marshall Faulk and others who havent played this season but are still on a team's roster. Because the players arent injured, no one disappears and those injured players still come back after the season ends like normal.

Note - I always start a franchise with pre-season off in order to skip it for the first season but then turn it back on for future seasons.
Old 12-26-2006, 10:21 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I.R works for me but i have to do this for it to work...

open franchise file. put player on IR. save. close franchise file.
re-open franchise file and select another player to put on IR ...and so on.

i need to save , close and reopen the franchise file for each player i put on IR so it works for me without any problems.
Old 12-26-2006, 06:38 PM   #5
MVP

is the max # of IR slots 5?

i'm doing the bengals roster & can't get they have 7 on IR. the right-click option for IR grayed-out after 5 guys were added
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2006, 07:01 PM   #6
Ageless Wonder

rumfinator's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
Dont use the IR feature in Finn's editor to place an injured player on IR as like you said, it will eliminate players.

You can use the IR feature for players who arent injured in-game but are injured in reality. For example, if you want, when you load the 2006 schedule in week 1, you can put players on IR like Curtis Martin, Priest Holmes, Marshall Faulk and others who havent played this season but are still on a team's roster. Because the players arent injured, no one disappears and those injured players still come back after the season ends like normal.

Note - I always start a franchise with pre-season off in order to skip it for the first season but then turn it back on for future seasons.
Can you only do this in week one or throughout the season? And how do you do this if they are not injured? Thanks.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:55 PM   #7
Ageless Wonder

rumfinator's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
is the max # of IR slots 5?

i'm doing the bengals roster & can't get they have 7 on IR. the right-click option for IR grayed-out after 5 guys were added
i can only do five as well. It seems that is the limit
Old 12-28-2006, 04:33 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumfinator
And how do you do this if they are not injured? Thanks.
Since the tool ONLY works when they are NOT injured I'm going to assume you mean "How do you do this if they ARE injured"

If that was in fact your question (if not then maybe this will help someone else), the answer is this:

Go to "injury report" in the game and use the good old A button to put them on IR the old fashioned way. Remember you can IR anyone in the game who is injured, severe or not.

Thanks to Finn, it's a foolproof system to IR both the healthy and the injured

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »