Home

Best rosters for 2K5 franchise?

This is a discussion on Best rosters for 2K5 franchise? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2006, 10:57 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
Icon5 Best rosters for 2K5 franchise?

So, I am new to fottball and the 2K5 game. I now want to have updated rosters for this season and plan on playing franchise mode. What are the most accurate and up to date rosters that work with franchise?

Or simnply, wich are the best rosters?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2006, 02:57 PM   #2
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolus Rex
So, I am new to fottball and the 2K5 game. I now want to have updated rosters for this season and plan on playing franchise mode. What are the most accurate and up to date rosters that work with franchise?

Not meaning to be rude or disrespectful but I've seen you ask a simular question like this before and seen your thread moved, then I saw someone reply that a possible flame may come out of this inquiry and now here you are again.

You're pushing this bro and have been given several answers in kind to this and simular questions all answered and replied to at one time or another and still you continuie to ask these somewhat odd and akward questions.

heres a suggestion from one of the many people here who do rosters and edits for the video games you're inquiring about....play them and find out what works for you, your questions are not needed if you take the time to PLAY the game and DL the numerious rosters available.

There is no BEST all of them have their points and degrees of gameplay if only you take the time to actually play them for yourself and see what fits your playing style.

The guys here do an excellent job IMO of providing rosters to the members and non-members here and charge no fee for doing them so why don't you stop attempting to start up a competitive thing in a bad way here by asking which one is best. We are all very good at what we do present company included and respect one anothers work as a matter of respect.

You won't find bragging rights or self promotion as one of us being the best we don't get into that kind of thing here at Operation Sports thus avoiding a FLAME WAR or simular incidents sorry that kind of this does not happen here and we all get along just find so again see for yourself and stop asking these questions that have already been addressed to you and now by me personally because what you're attempting to do is not a good thing so stop and PLAY the game for yourself and stop asking guys to think and decide for you.

If I'm coming across as a hard baller its because you're asking us to think and decide for you and no one in their right mind is willing to do that judging from the responses you're getting.

You almost sound like you have no knowledge of Football what-so-ever so heres another suggestion...learn the game and what its about then watch and observer its many varations and styles of play then perhaps you'll realize that the best is just something thats not all that simple a thing to describe its Football American style and there are many guys here who have different ways of presenting the game in a video game format some better then others but as for the best it doesn't exist they're all the best depending on what YOU like or don't like about them so DL some rosters and spend more time playing and less asking what is this and what is that, again play the game bro and find out what works for you.

DL as in download and play them see what you like man up, and make a choice its that simple, these guys are all the best just pick one!

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101 aka "Jack Bauer"

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call … The Twilight Zone aka "OS...Da Spot".
— Rod Serling

Last edited by Rickster101; 11-10-2006 at 03:06 PM.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:30 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Best rosters for 2K5 franchise?

Ok, sorry. As a newbie I have tons of questions but I will shut up and try another board. I haven't specificaly asked what rosters are the best before. I aksked what game was better between madden or 2k. Now I have bought 2K5 and need rosters. I want the most accurate ones so I will learn the NFL world faster. Since I don't know anything about football (I'm from Sweden) an i'm currently learning. Therefore I cannot decided wich rosters that are best. I got suggestion of three diffrent rosters in the other thread but I don't know what the diffrence is between them. I read somewere about problem with rosters and franshise so I thought I would ask here first so I didn't start a franchise and then it all got messed up because the rosters didn't work. Better to ask her first I thought. Guess I was wrong. Also, today I recieved the game so now I can start playing it. I would have played more earlier if I have had the game...

Last edited by Carolus Rex; 11-10-2006 at 03:38 PM.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:39 PM   #4
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30

Its cool man, most of us who have read your post know that you dont mean any trouble. I dont think you have violated TOS, so you aint got to leave if you dont want.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:54 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

It appears that some of the rosters have edits attatched to them that fix various gameplay issues that this title has that can't be solved with sliders alone...

For example, some rosters edit the catch ratings of the defensive backs and linebackers to a very low rating to try to lower the ammount of interceptions thrown...

I'd make sure you use a roster that comes with a set of sliders that will work in conjuction with them...

Hope this helps...

Last edited by Mr. JimmyFly; 11-10-2006 at 03:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2006, 04:16 PM   #6
MVP

koebner's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:

There isn't an easy answer other than to try a set and see how you like it.They are all reasonably franchise friendly.Some rosters have global edits to certain attributes for all players or all players of a certain position.
Since you are new to the game, stick with a non-globally edited file.In fact try one of the old official rosters recently posted here.They are way out of date but will give you a good look at how the game was meant to be played.
Old 11-11-2006, 05:24 AM   #7
Rookie

Sorry if I overreacted to his first post. I don't wanna go anyway, you guys seems very friendly on these boards. I will try read the edit notes and then decided.

... and I promise I did not in any way try to start a flamewar, I hate those. You'll see, my coming question will be about the game or about football now that I have decided on wich game and rosters.

Last edited by Carolus Rex; 11-11-2006 at 05:27 AM.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:12 AM   #8
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30

Have fun with the game man. 2k5 may be old to us, but its brand spanking new to you!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »