Home

Using the IR feature....

This is a discussion on Using the IR feature.... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-28-2006, 05:06 PM   #9
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Using the IR feature....

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
Since the tool ONLY works when they are NOT injured I'm going to assume you mean "How do you do this if they ARE injured"

If that was in fact your question (if not then maybe this will help someone else), the answer is this:

Go to "injury report" in the game and use the good old A button to put them on IR the old fashioned way. Remember you can IR anyone in the game who is injured, severe or not.

Thanks to Finn, it's a foolproof system to IR both the healthy and the injured

Good answer finally someone has made practical sense about how that feature suppose to work, abit complicated but still I think you've pretty much made sense about its use and purpose the only down side is you have to be engaged in a Franchise to use it which for all practical reasons is where you should only be able to acess it and see it work....brilliant!

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101 aka "Jack Bauer"

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call The Twilight Zone aka "OS...Da Spot".
Rod Serling
Old 12-29-2006, 02:25 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 15

The IR feature in Finn's editor can be used for players who are 100% healthy. So, for example, if you're playing with the Jets and want to play realistic and put RB Curtis Martin on IR, you can.

I dont know what happens if you place healthy players on IR after week one as I have never done that. I'm in the process of creating my 2k7 roster and 2k7 franchise file and was testing out what happens if I put healthy players on IR in week one during franchise.

I was going to put players like 49ers C Jeremy Newberry, Chiefs RB Priest Holmes, Jets RB Curtis Martin and Rams RB Marshall Faulk on IR using Finn's editor so they can all remain in the franchise file for future seasons while at the same time, not use up a roster spot on the team's 54 player roster.

However, if that 5 player limit is true, then wasting an IR spot on players who will most likely retire in February is pretty much a waste to begin with.

I know that when I put players on IR using Finn's editor, others disappear. Maybe, its because im putting more then one at a time like the other person said.

Personally, there's no reason to use IR in Finn's editor unless you want to keep players like Martin, Faulk, etc. in your franchise but dont want them on the roster or in free agents. I simply use the in-game IR feature.

As for what happens to healthy players in-game after you place them on IR in Finn's editor, they appear on your injury report as being on IR but being 100% healthy and having no actual injury listed.

As for doing this at certain weeks during the season, im not sure what happens.

Last edited by dan77733; 12-29-2006 at 02:29 AM.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:01 PM   #11
Ageless Wonder

rumfinator's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
The IR feature in Finn's editor can be used for players who are 100% healthy. So, for example, if you're playing with the Jets and want to play realistic and put RB Curtis Martin on IR, you can.

I dont know what happens if you place healthy players on IR after week one as I have never done that. I'm in the process of creating my 2k7 roster and 2k7 franchise file and was testing out what happens if I put healthy players on IR in week one during franchise.

I was going to put players like 49ers C Jeremy Newberry, Chiefs RB Priest Holmes, Jets RB Curtis Martin and Rams RB Marshall Faulk on IR using Finn's editor so they can all remain in the franchise file for future seasons while at the same time, not use up a roster spot on the team's 54 player roster.

However, if that 5 player limit is true, then wasting an IR spot on players who will most likely retire in February is pretty much a waste to begin with.

I know that when I put players on IR using Finn's editor, others disappear. Maybe, its because im putting more then one at a time like the other person said.

Personally, there's no reason to use IR in Finn's editor unless you want to keep players like Martin, Faulk, etc. in your franchise but dont want them on the roster or in free agents. I simply use the in-game IR feature.

As for what happens to healthy players in-game after you place them on IR in Finn's editor, they appear on your injury report as being on IR but being 100% healthy and having no actual injury listed.

As for doing this at certain weeks during the season, im not sure what happens.
thanks!! I actually went through and placed the big time players off all the teams on IR that are actually on IR. I did this by using the "do one-save-exit-reload" method. It took awhile, but i had no players disappear!! The only bug I have seen from this method is that is places odd players in certain special teams positions...like Leonard little as the rams kick returner. Other than that...the feature worked well with the above method.

Thanks to Dan and everyone.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »