Home

Anyone's rosters work in Franchise mode?

This is a discussion on Anyone's rosters work in Franchise mode? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 01-15-2007, 09:41 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Anyone's rosters work in Franchise mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ender17012000
The advantage is that it fixes the "Tackle and DE" first-round drafting glitch
I thought that the only way to fix this glitch was to set all teams to human for the first round and then you basically take best player available for them.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:39 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Well, uploading the new draft class did it for me, they drafted TE, RB, QB, and pretty much everything else in the first round.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:48 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Well, uploading the new draft class did it for me, they drafted TE, RB, QB, and pretty much everything else in the first round.

A default class or the one that Puja created with all of the real prospects?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2007, 10:21 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Hey, the draft classes you don't drag into AR. What you do is play a franchise until you get to the preseason... then save the franchise file, transfer it to the AR memory thing. The plug it into your computer, and move that saved Franchise file onto your PC (drag it from the Memory Card side into the PC side).

Then open Finn's editor, and go to open file. Then find your saved franchise file you just transferred to your PC (it's probably under Program Files, Datel, Saves, ESPN 2k5, then like Franchise 1). As you click through all the teams, you'll see one for free agents, then one for draft class.

If you right click on the words "draft class" you'll get an import team and export team thing. Select import team, then use the draft classes that are in Puja21's draft class folder (unzip the folder, first) and pick like 2007 (it shouldn't matter which year you pick, I don't think)

Then, after it transfers (you'll see different names in the draft class and it will say "import complete"), save the file. Go back into AR for the PC, and re-drag the "Franchise 1" file that's on the PC to the AR Card. It'll ask you whether you want to overwrite it, and click yes. Then load the franchise from the memory card (either move it to the hard drive on the mainframe, or load it in-game from the memory card).

The advantage is that it fixes the "Tackle and DE" first-round drafting glitch and the game won't freeze on you in the offseason. Does that make sense? Once you do it, it is easy. You'll have to repeat the procedure each year, right after pre-season.

thank you. i grow tired of cutting & pasting or linking to this explanation.

PS while it doesn't **really** matter which class you import each year to keep the franchise going after 2007 (because they are all default generated names), the DOBs of the draftees are accurate for the name of the draft class.... so in 2008 of your franchise, you should import the draft class i named 2008 if you want the draftees to be 21-23 years old.

hope that is clear

Last edited by puja21; 01-18-2007 at 10:25 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »