Home

Old 01-16-2007, 05:07 PM   #9
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: 2K4 roster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Excellent! Are these end of year rosters? Start of playoffs?

C
Yes, as of yesterday according to this site:
http://www.localsports.ca/nfl_rosters/index.html

I haven't had time to go through and check every players ratings to make sure everyones up to date, but they should be pretty good as is...maybe need a change here or there.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:17 PM   #10
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
I'm very interested in these, too. I'm curious, though - do they contain a lot of specific edits - or are the general ratings from 2k4 good enough? I know 2k5 requires a lot of specific lowering and raising of attributes to make it work, and I can't work like that for a franchise - so I'd like to start a 2k4 franchise since I think it plays a little better without so many edits.
No i've gotten pretty realistic stats in my franchise without any edits, except for kicker accuracy ratings which are all between 45-70.

I've read alot of people talking about the cpu not throwing deep, but i can honestly say i see a few per game as long as the cpu QB has time in the pocket. Turning up cpu pass block should fix anyones problem with that.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:16 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 21

Steeler,

Just wanted to tell you what a great job you did on these rosters! I set the Saints and Bears to cpu vs cpu and watched the game play out. To me, you can always tell how tight the game/rosters are by watching the cpu vs cpu mode.

It was like watching a real game. Tight db play, QBs who made smart decisions...did not try to force balls into double or triple coverage, even took off and ran when "trapped". RBs who did not go down on first hit. Even the play calling was more realistic...plenty of runs and draws to keep def off balance. A very entertaining and realistic looking game. Was nice to see QB ratings above 65 or 75% for once. Completion ratings higher as well.

Oh yeah, Saints won in last 2 minutes when a LB picked off a pass to the flat and ran it in for a score. Final score Saints 17 Bears 10. I even played it in snow flurries. Conditions made for a def struggle for the most part, but Thomas Jones racked up about 85 yards on 25 carries.

We'll see how it really plays out later today...in the snow!

C
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »