Home

puja21 franchise vJan12 (150+ NCAA players in draft class)

This is a discussion on puja21 franchise vJan12 (150+ NCAA players in draft class) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2007, 07:09 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: puja21 franchise vJan12 (150+ NCAA players in draft class)

i havent done much for ratings yet for most players so definitely check them out for yourself

sliders: i usually just play on legend... sometimes i turn up human catching if im especially frustrated w/ all 4 of my receivers leading the league in drops, but i have done very little experimenting w/ sliders in general

actually ive never played a game w/ zero sliders despite downloading them ages ago. sorry i cant help u more w/ that.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:25 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
i havent done much for ratings yet for most players so definitely check them out for yourself

sliders: i usually just play on legend... sometimes i turn up human catching if im especially frustrated w/ all 4 of my receivers leading the league in drops, but i have done very little experimenting w/ sliders in general

actually ive never played a game w/ zero sliders despite downloading them ages ago. sorry i cant help u more w/ that.
No problem. You've helped more than enough. Does anybody know if you can effect how the computer plays by changing the coach settings while all teams are set to human?
Old 01-15-2007, 10:33 AM   #11
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

With puja's permission I've posted his rosters with edits applied that I've done in the past. Also, I've posted the slider set that I use with it (for 9 min. periods). I decided to do a custom schedule (random assignment of teams to different divisions) and control the Eagles. Initial game vs. Ravens was wild and I let them get too large of a lead. Although the first half started out crazy with Lewis fumbling on his very first carry, Akers missing a chip shot (there was something good on TV at the same time and I turned my head -- lol) and the Ravens missing an extra point! 20-7 at halftime and a 27-21 final. Both running games were held in check. Reggie Brown was dropping balls and missing routes all over the place and Donovan was not sharp. Down 27-7 late in the 3rd, in his own territory McNair gets smacked by Patterson and McCoy was in the right place/right time to snatch up the ball and carry it in. Lewis had his second fumble late in the 4th leading to another Eagles TD to close the gap 27-21. Eagles stuffed Lewis on their last attempt to run out the clock, but ran out of time themselves.

Here's the basic stats:

McNair: 16/22 (73%); 212yds; 3TD/0INT; sacked x2; 1 fumble (1 QB sneak for a 1st down!)

Lewis: 32 for 58 and 2 fumbles
Anderson: 3 for 19 and 1 TD

Clayton: 5 for 70; 1 TD
Heap: 3 for 39
Wilcox: 1 for 19; 1 TD
D. Williams: 1 for 13; 1 TD
(McNair hit 8 different receivers overall)

Stover: 1 missed xpt

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

McNabb: 15 for 35 (43%); 288yds (66 long); 1TD/0INTS; sacked x7; 1 fumble

Westbrook: 12 for 39; 1 (rush) TD
Buckhalter: 4 for 18

Baskett: 4 for 111; 1 TD
Stallworth: 4 for 64
Westbrook: 3 for 29
(McNabb hit 6 different receivers overall)

Akers: 0/2 FG's

McCoy: Defensive FR TD (Patterson forced)

I'm in love with this game again!
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_0108pujaED.zip (278.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_SIMver18.zip (9.2 KB, 16 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2007, 09:43 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

I've been using a slight modification of the ZERO sliders for this franchise. I'm getting my butt kicked but it's my fault. I need to get used to how this game controls. I haven't played it for well over a year, so it takes some time.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:36 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
With puja's permission I've posted his rosters with edits applied that I've done in the past. Also, I've posted the slider set that I use with it (for 9 min. periods).
I used both your files, and had the best game in a while. I was finally opposed by the computer for once. Not sure what it was, but it was great. I was barely ahead 28-21 with under a minute in the 4th, and Baltimore was pushing up the field - but McNair threw a terrible pass that I intercepted and ran back for a TD. So while the score didn't look close (35-21), it really was down to the last few plays.

It's really weird playing with someone else's presentation settings, though. I'm not a big fan of yours at all, and had to switch a whole bunch back. I've got to have some player and effects sounds in game, and I need vibration on. The controller feels so dead without it.

Also - what happened with your 2k4 stuff? I remember you saying that that game was better than 2k5, and you'd been keeping it up to date. I re-bought the game just to try it out again, and was curious.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:59 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 21

DreadedSteeler just posted an updated 2K4 file in another thread here. I think he updated to end of year rosters, but not sure.

Yes, 2K4 does play a better game on the field once you edit the RBs to break a few less tackles. But at least you can get the cpu to put up some good running and passing numbers against you.

2K5 is a fantastic game, but the players need major editing of both offensive and defensive players to make it play like real NFL football. 2K4 needs minor editing of RBs but then you should be good to go.

Both are great gamesand both have flaws...just comes down to your preference...

C
Old 01-16-2007, 07:59 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 9

Don't you think that there are too many broken tackles by CPU?
How can I adjust it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2007, 08:27 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bascape666
Don't you think that there are too many broken tackles by CPU?
How can I adjust it?
Brk Tackle attribute for all RBs needs to be lowered by about 7-10 points. This can only be done in the game as there is no 3rd party editor for 2K4.

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »