Home

Question about Franchise Stats

This is a discussion on Question about Franchise Stats within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2007, 05:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Question about Franchise Stats

I've just entered the second season (2007) with Puja's newest franchise file. Now when i go to league leaders it is showing a few players with a ton of stats for the year and games played and everything. Now to solve this I have cleared their stats with Finn's editor. I'm just curious if anyone else has ever encountered this...and what is in store for the future years of my franchise? Will this happen at the end of every season? Does anyone know what's causing it....thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2007, 07:48 PM   #2
Rookie

BrownsFan72's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Question about Franchise Stats

I had the same thing happen right before game 1 of my franchise in 2007 a number of players have stats already some small some a large amount.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:07 PM   #3
Rookie

BrownsFan72's Arena

RalphS what you need to do is go into Finn s editor and clear the stats of the players that are showing up in the stats section. I tried it on Orlovsky the QB of Detroit and the stats are gone. So this should work.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:48 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 20

several people PMd me about this problem- the only suggestion i had was the finn's feature "clear stats," so I'm glad that worked. it was just a total guess- i actually wasn't sure if that feature applied to franchise stats or if it instead cleared the career stats for existing players (ex: if you replace Jerry Rice w/ a rookie i thought it might show still his career stats as 1500+ receptions during the in-game stat overlays).

how many guys is this affecting? is it ridiculous or is it a reasonable amount that isn't too annoying to fix?

next year i am going to build my rosters from scratch instead of using a basefile. i'm going to do it w/ no CAPs-- only using overwrites of existing players-- like dan's current project. hopefully that will keep stuff like this from happening.

to be honest, i have no idea what causes this glitch or whether or not it will recur every offseason. maybe Finn has some idea?
Old 01-18-2007, 12:52 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 20

Rickster just made a post about clearing career stats from overwritten players:

Quote:
Due to the editing, creating and re-creating of some players their stats followed them into the Franchise if you have a player who is in this sitution particularly rookies you'll have to re-set their stats via the editor...to do this select the tools found in the editor top bar and then select "Auto-update" to clear the stats from the previous player used, this will clear their stats and allow for new ones to start tracking for the player in question.

You may have to select rookie for the player to do this then revert him back to his years in the league.
So, if anyone was wondering-- that's how you clear career stats apparently
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2007, 03:52 PM   #6
Rookie

Yeah clearing stats with Finn's editor definetly works. My main question was about the following season. Have the stats popped up again maybe in 2008?

Puja - It's only about 35 players total. Only 10 or so have stats blown up a lot. Dan Orlovsky and Ryan Fitzpatrick are the only two QBs. Ryan Moats is the only RB.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:47 PM   #7
Rookie

BrownsFan72's Arena

Icon7 Re: Question about Franchise Stats

I had about 50 players to clear stats with but some of that was my doing. i added a number of players to the draft peterson, Ginn etc. The funniest stat was Kyle Turley for the Chiefs having like 45 receptions ha. Anyway im good to go for my franchise for now so thanks to everyone for thier help! Go Browns!
Old 01-18-2007, 08:53 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorychaser
I had about 50 players to clear stats with but some of that was my doing. i added a number of players to the draft peterson, Ginn etc. The funniest stat was Kyle Turley for the Chiefs having like 45 receptions ha. Anyway im good to go for my franchise for now so thanks to everyone for thier help! Go Browns!
haha yeah i had a laugh about that one too. Also added the same two players to the draft...mainly so I could take AP in the first round though.
draft him in real life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »