Home

puja21 franchise vJan12 (150+ NCAA players in draft class)

This is a discussion on puja21 franchise vJan12 (150+ NCAA players in draft class) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2007, 10:20 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 20
puja21 franchise vJan12 (150+ NCAA players in draft class)

The roster used is my own puja21vJan7 update (thanks to OSDCR crew for the basefile). All other file information is available in the posts below

Out-of-the-box this file is "freeze free" until the second in-game offseason. As usual, do the draft class fix each season beyond year 1 w/ the provided default draft classes.

so in year 2 of your franchise before the draft, import the first attached draft class named "2008" on top of the class generated by your franchise. do this using Finn's editor. repeat each year to keep from freezing indefinitely (I have tested it 7 years out w/ no problems).
Attached Files
File Type: zip Draft Classes for Freeze Fix.zip (112.9 KB, 32 views)
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_puja21Jan12.zip (344.2 KB, 38 views)

Last edited by puja21; 01-13-2007 at 03:26 AM. Reason: updated attachment
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2007, 10:23 PM   #2
MVP

Re: puja21 franchise vJan12 (150+ NCAA players in draft class)

Franchise Options:

Weekly Prep: On
FPFB: Off
Preseason: On
Trade DL: On
Owner Firing: Off
Edit Rookies: On
Offseason Management: All set to player
Team select: All human (change w/ Finn's Editor)

Game Options:
Quarter Length: 6 mins
Play Calling: By Formation
Game Speed: Normal
Challenges: Off
Coach Mode: Off
Performance EQ: Off
Multiple Hot Routes: On

Difficulty:
Legend

Penalties:

Presentation:
Action Replays: Off
Audio Presentation: Default

2006-2007 Schedule Loaded
Salary Cap set to $102.5M

Last edited by puja21; 01-13-2007 at 12:15 AM.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:50 PM   #3
MVP

Here is information on the draft class editing i've done::

Since my last franchise post, all sophomores and stay-in-schools have been removed except for Brian Brohm & Tom Zbikowski (whom I just noticed at the last sec and didn't feel like fixing).

The current post contains 164 created prospects w/ accurate Ht, Wt, jersey #, face/skin, & DOB. Conversely, the ratings & equipment accuracy is completely up in the air; some guys are spot on while others haven't been touched.

ATTACHMENT
Zip file contains 2 spreadsheets:

(1) "Created Draft Prospects" contains the names, pos, #, ht, wt, cls, & their OVR ratings as of now-- so you can easily see whose ratings you'll want to adjust on your own.

(2) "Game Generated Prospects"
This sheet is a list of all the prospects which can be viewed and drafted in the game. NOT EVERY DRAFT CLASS PLAYER visible within Finn's editor will show up in the game. This is because of glitches involved w/ importing a default draft class (which keeps the franchise from freezing). So, if you want to add yourself or some additional college prospects to your franchise on your own, you should use this spreadsheet to determine what players you can copy-over/replace. Everyone on this spreadsheet WILL appear in the game's 2007 draft.

For the same reason, there are also 5 buggy players who can be seen in the game's draft, but don't appear in the editor. Their ratings are in the 20s and 30s so at least they don't get drafted. They are:
(1) TE "Dale ____", North Carolina State
(2) OLB "Dale her", Columbia
(3) SS "Alexander _____", Wake Forest
(4) G "Donald _____", Oklahoma
... The underscores indicate these players have no last names. Ignore these buggy guys. They have no impact whatsoever on the franchise.

UNDERCLASSMEN
There are no Ted Ginn Jr.s, Adrian Petersons, or Antonio Pittmans.... yet. (The deadline to declare is Monday, so check back next week. In my next update, I will have all the declared underclassman in the file.

I know I am missing some players who already declared for the draft (5 of them I think offhand). This is because it's VERY time consuming to add players to a franchise draft class-- both b/c of the name change process and getting appearances correct (I have to sim ahead to week 9, edit prospects in the game, and then copy them back over the original file).

In addition to late-declares, I also have about ~70 more players to add from the following positions: FS, G, ILB, OLB, RB, SS, TE, WR. I've just been going alphabetically by position. This is why some guys like WR Steve Breaston still didn't make it in. And why there are already a bunch more DEs, DTs, Cs and CBs in the file today.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Draft Prospects Info.zip (18.9 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by puja21; 01-12-2007 at 10:55 PM.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:01 AM   #4
MVP

Here is the "IR" version. Following players are on injured reserve from wk 1:

49ers
Jeremy Newberry

Bears
Bryan Johnson
Airese Currie

Bengals
Rashad Bauman
Frostee Rucker
Chris Perry

Bills
John McCargo
Josh Stamer
Chris Villarrial

Broncos
Courtney Brown
Matt Lepsis

Browns
LeCharles Bentley
Jeremy LeSueur
Daylon McCutcheon
Gary Baxter

Buccaneers
Torrin Tucker
Kenyatta Walker
Brian Kelly
Chris Simms

Cardinals
LeRon McCoy
Anton Palepoi
James Darling

Chargers
Darren Sproles
Aaron Shea
Leander Jordan

Chiefs
Priest Holmes
John Browning
Ronnie Cruz

Colts
Montae Reagor
Corey Simon
Vincent Burns
Brandon Stokley

Cowboys
Ryan Hannam
Tyson Thompson

Dolphins
Seth McKinney
Bennie Anderson
Daunte Culpepper
Jeno James

Eagles
Jeremy Bloom
Chris Gocong
Jevon Kearse

Falcons
Brian Finneran
Chris Cash
Kevin Mathis

Giants
Derrick Ward
LaVar Arrington

Jaguars
Greg Jones
Mike Williams
Reggie Hayward

Jets
Curtis Martin
Sione Pouha
Trey Teague

Lions
Idress Bashir
Shaun Cody
Damien Woody
Shawn Bryson
James Hall

Packers
Adrian Klemm
Robert Ferguson

Panthers
Scott Peters
Travelle Wharton
Mike Seidman
Dan Morgan (Chris Draft changed to ILB)

Patriots
Tebucky Jones
Randall Gay

Raiders
Darnell Bing
Grant Irons

Rams
Claude Terrell
Andy McCollum
Tony Fisher

Ravens
Brian Rimpf
Edwin Mulitalo

Redskins
Pierson Prioleau

Saints
Tommy Polley
Keith Joseph
Rob Ninkovich
Roman Harper

Seahawks
Mike Green
Marcus Tubbs
DD Lewis

Steelers
Barrett Brooks
Ricardo Colclough
Willie Reid
Arnold Harrison
Verron Haynes

Texans
Domanick Williams
Roc Alexander
Charles Spencer
Seth Payne

Titans
Antwan Odom
Zach Piller
Erron Kinney

Vikings
Tank Williams
Chad Greenway
Dovonte Edwards
Mike Hawkins
Erasmus James

For anyone using the IR tool for themselves-- I noticed that if any player is placed onto IR and that player happens to be among the game's depth chart list of possible kick/punt returners... the result is the special teams depth charts for that team become all messed up w/ TEs, Ts, & QBs. So, you'll have to redo them... which I did here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_pujaJan12IR.zip (344.4 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by puja21; 01-13-2007 at 03:25 AM.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:54 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

OUTSTANDING stuff. Today is the day I start my franchise. Thanks for all your work Puja and also to all those involved with the OSDCR rosters. You guys rule.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2007, 01:36 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphsundin
OUTSTANDING stuff. Today is the day I start my franchise. Thanks for all your work Puja and also to all those involved with the OSDCR rosters. You guys rule.
glad to hear it. i finally started mine too. let me know here if you come across anything wrong w/ the file so i can fix it
Old 01-13-2007, 02:26 PM   #7
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

puja.... upon trying my edits, and then putting to the test in franchise, I did notice one area that guys may want to keep a watch on. It seems that the fatigue slider affects RB's differently than WR's/TE's. Eagles (me) vs. the Colts I noticed that Westbrook didn't hit the bench much at all, while on the other side of the ball, Harrison and Wayne were absent during some 3rd down situations where they were clearly needed.

Upon further review of the rosters I noticed that many of the team's primary/secondary receivers had stamina ratings much lower than 3rd/4th stringers. In order to keep them in the game at critical times, it is necessary to turn that around. In some team's cases I could adjust according to team, but mostly had to go to each WR on the given team. Conversely, some 3rd/4th stringers had to be dumbed down. I haven't tested this as of yet, but plan to.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:08 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

One thing i changed, which was just a matter of my own personal opinion was the speed of the rookies you've created.

I thought the RB speeds were a little low, and the DB speeds were a little high. So i just tweaked them a bit. Again..just my personal liking though.

Oh yeah I wanted to ask...Puja, what slider settings do you use with these? I want to get your opinion personally since this is your franchise. Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »