Home

Another Question from me

This is a discussion on Another Question from me within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2007, 04:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Another Question from me

I've been updating my rosters usings tpaterniti's spreadsheet, however, I've reached the point where the Rams have six OLB's but no ILB's as this game was made before Isiah & Witherspoon moved inside. Now, I've looked all through if I can change them into ILB's or move them there on the depth chart but with no prevail. I tryed a game with them to see what happens, and it makes Isiah as the starting ILB, but when I try and change him for Witherspoon it doesnt allow me.

I would appreciate it if somebody could help me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2007, 07:36 PM   #2
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Another Question from me

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy82
I've been updating my rosters usings tpaterniti's spreadsheet, however, I've reached the point where the Rams have six OLB's but no ILB's as this game was made before Isiah & Witherspoon moved inside. Now, I've looked all through if I can change them into ILB's or move them there on the depth chart but with no prevail. I tryed a game with them to see what happens, and it makes Isiah as the starting ILB, but when I try and change him for Witherspoon it doesnt allow me.

If you're not using Finn's editor (where you could easily assign different positions), the only place I know of where you could do it is the manual substitutions prior to going to kickoff.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:13 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy82

Sadly, you cant edit a player's actual position for the PS2 version. You can either use the substitutions option to have OLB's play at ILB or can find two players that have the same years pro as Witherspoon and Isiah and simply overwrite them. Then add them to the Rams and remove the originals.

You can only edit a player's position using Finn's editor which is exclusively for Xbox. Quite honestly, I could never ever go back to playing 2k5 on PS2.

I checked out tpaterniti's roster last year before I purchased an Xbox and while his roster is okay, it doesnt even come close to the rosters available for Xbox. That's not an insult or being disrespectful to tpat or anything like that. It's just that, 2k5 on PS2 has so many damn limitations that it makes it impossible to create a perfect roster. And for the record, I tried to create a 2k6 roster for PS2 but quit two weeks into it because the limitations just pissed me off to no extent.

I will give tpat credit though. He has managed to create a roster for the 2k6 and 2k7 seasons. Hell, he's the only one that has even managed to create a PS2 roster period.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:10 PM   #4
Rookie

tpaterniti's Arena

OVR: 5

What I did was using the imports into the franchise I "erased" the old Will Witherspoon (who was an OLB) and included a new Will Witherspoon (just a player whose name I changed) as an ILB by including him on the team import. The franchise file has almost every starter in the right position. I am only lacking some 3rd string players.

I was able to add/change the positions of 108 extra players by using a franchise rather than a simple roster file. For a discussion on how I accomplished this, see the post with my roster in it.

www.2kfootballstrategy.com

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »