Home

puja21 06-07 Offseason Project

This is a discussion on puja21 06-07 Offseason Project within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2007, 05:14 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: puja21 06-07 Offseason Project

Tedy Bruschi is an ILB, not OLB

Randall Gay(CB) durability should not be 95, he's hurt... often

Asante Samuel had probably the best season at CB last year and he is a 75? His strength, tackling, and speed need to be upped. He is pretty damn fast and hits like a brick. He also plays well in big games, so his composure should not be 21. And finally, he is a great run stopping corner. He'll come up and hit like a safety.

Ellis Hobbs should be a lot faster than 91, he's probably the fastest corner in the NFL, or at least one of them.

Gostowski KPW should probably be 100, or close to it. The dude did hit a 52 yarder that would have been good from 70, it went OVER the uprights. His accuracy got a lot better towards the end of the year, and he was 8/8 in the postseason on FG, so his composure should be bumped too.

Kyle Brady(TE) should have his blocking bumped a TON, and his catching/receiving ratings dropped a ton. He's an extra lineman, not receiver.

I'd say Vince Wilfork should be higher than an 80, he's one of the top 3-4 NT in the game. Stamina should def be bumped, he played almost every down of every game last year.

Seems Seymour, Warren, and Green need bumps too. Warren is much better than a 78, and Green is probably a 72ish. Seymour is a top 5 DL in all of the NFL, better than a 91.

Eric Alexander is nowhere near an 81... probably more of a 65ish. He is special teams.

Rodney shouldnt be a 96 anymore. He is still an awesome SS, but he isn't elite anymore.

Maroney is much more agile than a 70, but I'd say 83 is probably about right as an ovr, so I don't know what you would have to do to keep that in check with a lot more agility.

Heath Evans isn't an 83, and Pass is a better FB than him. Both at blocking and running. Pass is faster and stronger, just been hurt a lot lately.

David Thomas(TE) should be bumped a bit as a receiver, he did pretty good when given the chances last year.

Russ Hochstein is a backup, not an 81.

Logan Mankins should be a better RBK than PBK, he is one of the better pulling guards in the NFL, though makes mistakes in pass coverage.

Mike Wright(DT) should be about 68, so a little higher.

^Those are just my changes for the Pats. I'm trying not to be a fanboy and over-rate the team, but it seems quite a few of them do deserve better ratings in certain areas.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:51 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 20

^thanks. good stuff. i havent looked @ most ratings since early last season, & even then almost all the players u listed I havent touched from the orginal OSDCR basefile. i'll hopefully address a lot of this coming up in the offseason. meantime i'll respond to some of these suggestions nonetheless:

Quote:
Gostowski KPW should probably be 100, or close to it. The dude did hit a 52 yarder that would have been good from 70, it went OVER the uprights. His accuracy got a lot better towards the end of the year, and he was 8/8 in the postseason on FG, so his composure should be bumped too.
his CMP will go up. KPW though is pre-determined by a weighted formula using 06-07 FGM & FGA for long distance kicks, career FGM & FGA for the same, & to a lesser degree FBG rating.

TEDY
He is set as OLB solely based on ourlads.com depth charts from late last season after Seau went down. they had Banta-Cain & Vrable as the ILBs.

ASANTE
as far Samuel goes, I did turn his CVR and CTH up based on his fantastic season (in terms of passes def & INTs), but generally when I re-rated players last season I made the assumption that the OSDCR rookie formula clocked their physical attributes (SPD AGL STR JMP etc) correctly according to NFL.com draft analyzer, which grades based on scouting, on the combine & on pro days. I definitely found examples where this wasnt the case though-- ie where some players werent rated according to the formula (and of course no formula is perfect anyway). Either way, if I remember correctly, Samuel was a UFA in the default 2k5 roster so he would be one of the few players who was neither rated by the draft rubric or by 2K5s own system (it's pretty clear they largely ignored FAs).

ERIC ALEXANDER
this is a good opportunity for me to look @ the draft rubric in detail (assuming it was correctly applied to him in the original OSDCR basefile). if he was properly rated based on the draft rubric, then this is a case of a guy who should get significant reductions in non-physical positional attributes (for linebacker mainly: RCV, PRS, TKL, CVR, & CON). For example, from here on out (since i'll now be creating all rooks myself) the rubric will be responsible for creating all intial rookie ratings. Any future adjustments (like Colston booming or Alexander being SpTms) during the season will NOT adjust physical attributes (SPD AGL STR etc). These *should* be largely unchanged from the combine/pro days unless a player gets severly injured (robert edwards), 'roids themselves up (Merriman), or significantly bulks up in the weight room. The point is, there are waay to many players (260+ new rookies every year) to go back & adjust every attribute w/ accuracy based on scouting reports. I have to draw the line somewhere. PRS, RCV, TKL, etc are much more subjective than the *somewhat* measurable physical attributes for SPD AGL STR (of course even theses are obviously imperfect-- game speed vs track spd, play strength vs weight room, guys who just run better when theyre chased etc etc)

SEYMOUR WARREN GREEN
Sadly, the OVR ratings for DL & OL players will often be misleading from one player to another. There is nothing we can do about this-- these are the only positions in the game where a player's size ("ht & wt") are a factor in the OVR rating. For example, Freeney has higher ratings in almost every significant attribute compared to Peppers, but he is sldo undersized by 2K5 standards at DE, so their OVR rating is almost identical. You are right though, Seymour is absolutely elite. IMO tho, having scouted Tommie Harris in HS & through college, & watching the CHI def become mediocre w/o him-- he is the most talented DT in the NFL.

anyway, all good stuff. if anyone else feels they can write constructive suggestions (not fanboy) about a team they follow closely based on playing time/situations, coaching comments, local papers, etc... please PM me them. i will take a look & apply what i interpret as making sense.

PS more "concrete" evidence will always get more credence from me: for example, Randall Gay being hurt is very easy to adjust for. on the other hand, David Thomas "playing well" when he got a chance is much harder to justify... there are more variables in the latter case. afterall, Thomas has Tom Brady throwing to him in a spread off system that shares the ball around five receivers & (last year) three good TEs. Thomas should definitely to look better than say Brad Ciezlak, who had JP Losman learning the QB position in a system that doesnt prominently feature tight ends or H-backs & throws maybe one-third fewer passes than NE. that's not to say you aren't correct in your assessment, but its much easier to illustrate the RGay situation w/ accuracy.

Last edited by puja21; 03-23-2007 at 06:03 PM.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:30 PM   #11
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

I wouldn't sweat other peoples thoughts on player ratings as every one will always have a different opinion based on who they like/dislike etc... The way I see it, rate them in your roster to the best of your ability. If others don't like it, they have the ability to change them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2007, 09:16 PM   #12
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
I wouldn't sweat other peoples thoughts on player ratings as every one will always have a different opinion based on who they like/dislike etc... The way I see it, rate them in your roster to the best of your ability. If others don't like it, they have the ability to change them.
I couldn't agree more and at this point as far as the OSCDR rosters are concerned Puja21 was the second best thing to happen to them since their massive run of last season and now Puja21 has taken the idea and concepts of roster editing to the next level starting from ground zero.

Beauty being in the eye of the beholder is simular to guys seeing different performances in their edits, some will always see and interpet something differently regardless of who the original creator was or in this case is.

Puja21 is a brilliant roster creater/editor and this subject has and more then likely and will be around as long as guys like he and myself among others create these roster sets.

For the most part to make a long story short Finns editor has kept the game active for those of us who still enjoy 2K5 and as long as guys like Puja21 and others keep wanting them I'm sure they'll reply in kind by keeping them going and using all the tools and resources available starting with the use and skills required to understand the sometime complex and many challenges the rosters themselves present so when something as simple as an edit comes up in conversation or diagreement remember its a simple matter of using ones own knowledge of basic edits that don't require much skill to simply raise or lower attributes its the massive amount of editing on individual bases thats the challenge especially for newer players and their stats, to this point he's been about spot on with an incredible amount of info at his disposal to back them up well documented in his threads.

What Puja21 has done is exceed anyones possibilities of just how powerful a tool using Finns editor really is...to date it hasn't failed anyone who creates rosters yet and I've a feelin' Puja21 is getting geared up for another run at the challenge of keeping 2k5 Football as good as it gets until the next gen comes along but thats another story isn't it so until that time and recieved as a ligit game ala 2K8 then 2K5 Football updated via Puja21 is the fix I'd be looking forward to if i was a guy wanting to keep playing and interested in this wonderful game of Football and those simple edits can always be tweaked/adjusted to ones own interpetation of just what you'd want them to do and perform nothing is set in stone as far as I can see and I'm sure some things will change.

Holla back ya'll
Rickster101 aka "Jack Bauer"
Old 03-24-2007, 02:53 AM   #13
MVP

thanks guys-- i def appreciate what ur saying especially from the 2 people giving encouragement. honestly, i probably wouldn't have attempted a single file posting here if it wasnt for finn's editor & the original OSDCR

Quote:
I've a feelin' Puja21 is getting geared up for another run at the challenge
u r correct rickster. i am looking fwd to it
Old 03-24-2007, 11:22 AM   #14
MVP

FunNgun034's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
thanks guys-- i def appreciate what ur saying especially from the 2 people giving encouragement. honestly, i probably wouldn't have attempted a single file posting here if it wasnt for finn's editor & the original OSDCR

u r correct rickster. i am looking fwd to it

does anybody know of a good site that has accurate depth charts?

thanks ///
Old 03-26-2007, 02:41 AM   #15
MVP

updated thru 2nite (schaub trade, anthony adams to bears, clusterf&*% of STL signings, etc)
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_puja21Mar26.zip (268.2 KB, 90 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2007, 10:21 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Thanks, Puja! Outstanding work...I love this game and am appreciative of your efforts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »