Home

Finn's editor question: using real player models for rookies?

This is a discussion on Finn's editor question: using real player models for rookies? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2007, 03:46 PM   #9
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Finn's editor question: using real player models for rookies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
i'm trying to think within the bounds of the editor

is it within the realm of possibility to somehow stop the picture from showing for some players-- with the goal being so you can use unique faces/player models but also have "no photo" showing when desired (of course, you wouldn't want all pictures to show up blank). or, similarly, would it be possible to "break the link" b/w face & picture.

i'm just curious if this is something which could theoretically be tackled from a gamesave level (potentially utilizing the editor) or if, like adding completely new pictures, it also falls under the category of requiring a patched-ISO & thus much more work, a modded system, & more proprietary info from the original dev team
If I remember correctly, the "ID" used to identify which player head model to read off the disk is the same "ID" used to read the player photo from the disk. If this "ID" equals the "NO PHOTO ID", the game builds the head based on the parameters provided in the create a player options. No sure if there is a way around through the game save... If I have the time I'll take a peek.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:27 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 20

thanks finn-- it would be nice if there was some way to circumvent the photo ID check
Old 05-09-2007, 12:26 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 14

would it be possible to have the az cardinals new stadium as a playable one in the current season besides using it in the superbowl?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »