Home

Finn's editor question: using real player models for rookies?

This is a discussion on Finn's editor question: using real player models for rookies? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2007, 11:09 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 20
Finn's editor question: using real player models for rookies?

Quote:
Thanks a lot Convince. I really enjoyed your Rosters last year... Your use of real player game models on some of the rookies (ex: Tim Brown as D'Brickishaw Ferguson) really added to your roster"
^this was from a recent post in thread for "Convince's rosters" While I haven't been home to check them out, I'm intrigued that he was able to use the "real face/skin" that some elite default players have as a tool to create more lifelike rookies.

i have tried this method several different ways w/o success. Does Finn or anyone else know if the "player model (face)" is somehow tied to the corresponding picture also being assigned?

example: in my latest roster, I tried editing the retired Drew Bledsoe into one of the rookie QBs.. so, in the editor I changed the name, ht, wt, college, etc & pasted over the ratings i wanted (paste ratings only for certain). but when i checked in a game-- his face was no longer Bledsoe's... it was just a generic one. To be sure it wasnt a problem w/ paste-ratings only i also tried editing Plummer w/o changing the ratings-- just removing his pic & changing the name. Same result; generic face.

however, also in my roster-- left over from the OSDCR base-- some '04 & '05 rookies do have real faces if i haven't yet to cleared the corresponding pic (example: Michael Clayton = both Curtis Conway pic & face). if I clear the pic for one of these players, will they revert to a generic face? If yes to that question, does anyone know if it's even possible to retain a real player model some other way w/o also having the fake picture?

when i looked more into it i noticed that all the white default QBs wth signature faces (Plummer, Brunell, Palmer, Kitna, Grossman, on & on) usually also have the same face & skin number assigned to them in the editor-- I know the sequence of #'s repeats repeats, but these guys all usually have the same # from the same sequence even (skin 17 & face 2, 3, or 5).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2007, 01:30 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Finn's editor question: using real player models for rookies?

Yes, the picture gives them a nongeneric face. If you take someone like Philip Rivers for example and just change the photo in editor to "NO PHOTO" rather than "Philip Rivers" he'll have a generic face rather than the Rivers face. If you want to use nongeneric faces for rookies and created players you have to assign the corresponding picture to them.

I don't know of a way to use the real faces without assigning the real picture...don't think there is one.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:47 AM   #3
MVP

does anyone have a list of players w/ both of the following:

-a real player model/non-generic face
-a blank picture

(like phil rivers)
Old 05-04-2007, 04:55 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
does anyone have a list of players w/ both of the following:

-a real player model/non-generic face
-a blank picture

(like phil rivers)
Just a handful of top 2004 draft picks...I looked through all of them and this is what I found:

Chris Perry, Kevin Jones, Steven Jackson, Roy Williams (DET WR), Kellen Winslow Jr., Ben Troupe, Robert Gallery, Tommie Harris, Vince Wilfork, Will Smith, Kenechi Udeze, Johnathan Vilma, Dunta Robinson, Sean Taylor.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:09 PM   #5
MVP

^thanks-- that's way better than nothing.

cuz if you think about it, since we had 5 skin tones before & 7 (?) generic faces each there were 35 generic faces. so, we just added maybe ~50% more faces to the mix if there are b/w 15 & 20 on that list
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2007, 05:40 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
^thanks-- that's way better than nothing.

cuz if you think about it, since we had 5 skin tones before & 7 (?) generic faces each there were 35 generic faces. so, we just added maybe ~50% more faces to the mix if there are b/w 15 & 20 on that list
no prob...happy to help
Old 05-08-2007, 12:08 PM   #7
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Yeah, the head of the player is tied to the picture. You can create some freaks of nature by assigning white skin tone but picking a black players picture. You end up with a white dude that has a black head. This can be done in reverse as well... Definitely funny looking when you see them on the sideline with their helmet off.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:23 PM   #8
MVP

i'm trying to think within the bounds of the editor

is it within the realm of possibility to somehow stop the picture from showing for some players-- with the goal being so you can use unique faces/player models but also have "no photo" showing when desired (of course, you wouldn't want all pictures to show up blank). or, similarly, would it be possible to "break the link" b/w face & picture.

i'm just curious if this is something which could theoretically be tackled from a gamesave level (potentially utilizing the editor) or if, like adding completely new pictures, it also falls under the category of requiring a patched-ISO & thus much more work, a modded system, & more proprietary info from the original dev team

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »