Home

Finn's editor question??????

This is a discussion on Finn's editor question?????? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2007, 10:21 AM   #1
Rookie

Wjkporter's Arena

OVR: 8
Finn's editor question??????

Is there away to convert a franchise file, to a roster file????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2007, 12:56 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Finn's editor question??????

all i did was backup the files of the players on the franchise mode, then i made a regular roster file, but the teams have to have the same amount of players on the franchise file and the roster file,

for example if in the franchise one, the Bears had 54 players the roster file Bears must have 54 players.

after backing up the files i just restored the teams from the franchise file to the roster file.

the other way of doing this is exporting all the teams with Finn Ed. on the franchise file, then importing them on to the roster file.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:36 PM   #3
Rookie

Wjkporter's Arena

Maybe, i don't have the full version of finn's editor, because i dont have an import tab I only have an export.... it say ver 2.0, is this the latest ver.????? I also dont see a tab that says convert to roster file....
Old 06-19-2007, 04:37 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wjkporter
Maybe, i don't have the full version of finn's editor, because i dont have an import tab I only have an export.... it say ver 2.0, is this the latest ver.????? I also dont see a tab that says convert to roster file....
the first time i did this, i thought the same thing as you: maybe i dont have the right version. actually, the import/export tool is sort of hidden-- what you are talking about (having just an export tab) is something different. That export tool is just used to extract roster data to excel or txt for viewing.

the process of actually exporting & importing teams is tedious. what you need to do is right-click on each of the team names in the editor: the team names to which i am referring are located in between the left & right "browse team" button, written in white text on black background i believe. anyway, when you right-click on any one you will see choices to "import team..." & "export team..."

1) One-by-one, you need to export each of the 32 teams to a folder on your computer (they will be saved as filetype .2K5).

2) Next, turn on the game & alter the default roster so that each of the 32 teams have the same total # of players as their corresponding team in the franchise file.

3) Then, save this roster & open it in Finn's editor & this time import the teams from step 1 one-at-a-time on top of the corresponding team in your roster
^the import/export tool is not 100% reliable but i believe if you have the same # of players on the transfer teams AND you save & close your roster in between each import step, the final roster will sometimes work effectively in franchise mode.

4) open the new roster in the game & re-adjust the depth charts team by team (they are usually completely messed up-- especially special teams). For KR/PR especially, the available pool of players for the depth chart is often corrupted by the import (repairable however), being full of DL & OL instead of WR/RB/DB. To fix this just swap players in & out a few times & the game will revert it back so the correct positions are in there.

out of curiosity, why do u want a fake names roster?

Last edited by puja21; 06-19-2007 at 04:39 PM.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:42 PM   #5
Rookie

Wjkporter's Arena

I want to make my version of allpro football 2k8 with a Franchise mode.... I plan to follow there format with only 250 legends..... I have already sim -21 seasons... Now, if i can figure out this import stuff... then i can add the legends to the draft....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2007, 11:20 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
the first time i did this, i thought the same thing as you: maybe i dont have the right version. actually, the import/export tool is sort of hidden-- what you are talking about (having just an export tab) is something different. That export tool is just used to extract roster data to excel or txt for viewing.

the process of actually exporting & importing teams is tedious. what you need to do is right-click on each of the team names in the editor: the team names to which i am referring are located in between the left & right "browse team" button, written in white text on black background i believe. anyway, when you right-click on any one you will see choices to "import team..." & "export team..."

1) One-by-one, you need to export each of the 32 teams to a folder on your computer (they will be saved as filetype .2K5).

2) Next, turn on the game & alter the default roster so that each of the 32 teams have the same total # of players as their corresponding team in the franchise file.

3) Then, save this roster & open it in Finn's editor & this time import the teams from step 1 one-at-a-time on top of the corresponding team in your roster
^the import/export tool is not 100% reliable but i believe if you have the same # of players on the transfer teams AND you save & close your roster in between each import step, the final roster will sometimes work effectively in franchise mode.

4) open the new roster in the game & re-adjust the depth charts team by team (they are usually completely messed up-- especially special teams). For KR/PR especially, the available pool of players for the depth chart is often corrupted by the import (repairable however), being full of DL & OL instead of WR/RB/DB. To fix this just swap players in & out a few times & the game will revert it back so the correct positions are in there.

out of curiosity, why do u want a fake names roster?
this is exactly what i did, fixing up the depth chart took me a while,

why don't you just try my roster, i just took PUJA'S franchise file and put them into a roster file. the free agency ain't so good.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_Roster.zip (270.4 KB, 7 views)
Old 06-19-2007, 11:47 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 20

why would he take an updated roster, remember that he doesnt want any real players. he wants 250 legends & the rest fake game-generated guys

wjkporter: there might be one "problem" with importing (depending on how you want your file to work). when you replace all 32 teams w/ this method, there is a "strong to quite strong" (lol) chance that the resulting file will suffer significant freezing in franchise... basically, it's unreliable @ best beyond year one.

however, it will work just fine as a fantasy draft for one season that you could do over & over... which is what the AP2K8 is going to be anyway, so this might be just what you want to do. it shouldn't even take you very long to make using this method. during a less busy time, i would even work on this w/ you. but u should def give it a shot, sounds like a cool file

just follow the steps carefully. when you are done, edit the free agent pool into the legends as you see fit... you could even copy & paste the players from historic teams available here if you want the guy during a certain season of his career. then you can start a one-year 2K8 style franchise over & over again via fantasy draft.

Last edited by puja21; 06-19-2007 at 11:55 PM.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:49 PM   #8
Rookie

yeah that's true.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »