Home

when will the next version of Finns Editor come out.

This is a discussion on when will the next version of Finns Editor come out. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2007, 11:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
when will the next version of Finns Editor come out.

when will it come out?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2007, 12:06 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: when will the next version of Finns Editor come out.

prob no more versions, although finn has casually posted about adding or investigating various features ppl keep wanting (edit headcoaches, player faces, paste appearance only, import ratings, etc)

i think he doesnt even have an xbox1 anymore
Old 06-20-2007, 04:17 PM   #3
Rookie

that sucks, i was hoping for more features like that also, and more features like adding people to a team or deleting them from the team with the editor so it would be easier, or options like editing the depth chart would be there, you know.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:21 PM   #4
MVP

slapnutz2k2's Arena

OVR: 10
I think those options were in his earlier versions and it didn't work out.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:23 PM   #5
Rookie

i managed to email him and he said that he would work on it sometime this month.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2007, 12:01 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 15

Forget the "assign player to another team" option as Finn had it in one of his earlier versions but it caused the game to freeze so he removed it.

It's hard to believe that it's been just over a year since he released his last editor but at least he added the league salary cap feature so even if he doesnt release another version, at least he went out with a bang.

Plus, he's already given us the best feature available and that's the ability to rename players. Being able to eliminate all the retired players is awesome. I have wanted to do that since 2K3.

If Finn does release another editor, here's the top five things that I believe would make 2K5 complete.

1) Ability to edit the name and appearance (face / skin tone) of head coaches for franchise mode. 2K3 had an option to edit the player model and name of your team's head coach but doing so caused you to have two of the same coaches in the game which was stupid.

2) Ability to add career stats for franchise mode.

3) Ability to edit a team's defensive depth chart from the 4-3 to the 3-4 and vice versa. I wish that we could be able to rename the team name as well as stadiums and switch logo's from one team to another. It would be good being able to switch the 49ers with the Ravens using the "customize league" option in-game and then just edit everything. Also, being able to eliminate a formation 100% from a team's playbook would be awesome as well.

4) Ability to edit depth charts in game. Mainly kick and punt returners. After the first week, the stupid CPU switches them for every team. That annoys me to no end.

5) Ability to edit the time and date for playoff games. Seeing two AFC and then two NFC games in a row bug me.

Come on Finn, stop playing next gen crap and get back to the past. JK.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:23 PM   #7
Rookie

yeah, that would be really cool if Finn finishes with those options.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:39 PM   #8
MVP

FunNgun034's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboneking
yeah, that would be really cool if Finn finishes with those options.
maybe finns working on and editor for allpro 2k8... maybe theres a way to tweak the rosters perhaps copy and paste helmet logos ... wishful thinking but hoping

DD

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »