Home

An idea for those who cannot WAIT for APF!

This is a discussion on An idea for those who cannot WAIT for APF! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2007, 10:01 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
An idea for those who cannot WAIT for APF!

Just a thought, and I'll work on this franchise file for action replay download if there's any interest...

I'm thinking about an ESPN NFL 2K5 franchise mode with a created team, simulated 20 years into the future, and an EDITED rookie draft class, with the legends that will be featured in APF 2K8. This gives you:

Generic players, like in APF (all actual players would have retired)
Legend players... if done right, you should be able to only have a few of what we would consider 'gold' legends on your team (Barry Sanders, Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, John Elway, Walter Payton, Mike Singletary, etc. would certainly not last past the first round). I could also throw in some other legends not in the game like Deion Sanders, make him draftable. Anyone think this would be a fun way to hold us over until July 16th?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2007, 10:05 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: An idea for those who cannot WAIT for APF!

I would definitely love this idea if I still had my Xbox.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:09 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnarlyKing
I would definitely love this idea if I still had my Xbox.
I've got an extra one. Wanna drive to Rhode Island? You can borrow it.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:10 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Since this is about a roster file for 2K5, I'm going to move it to that section of the forums.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:22 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by stantencza
Just a thought, and I'll work on this franchise file for action replay download if there's any interest...

I'm thinking about an ESPN NFL 2K5 franchise mode with a created team, simulated 20 years into the future, and an EDITED rookie draft class, with the legends that will be featured in APF 2K8
hmmm what a coincidence.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wjkporter
I want to make my version of allpro football 2k8 with a Franchise mode.... I plan to follow there format with only 250 legends..... I have already sim -21 seasons... Now, if i can figure out this import stuff... then i can add the legends to the draft....
he wanted it to function as a roster for a reason; b/c just editing the rookie class of franchise-mode removes your ability to draft an entire team, to give it a certain style (since you would only get to choose legends in a franchise). as a compromise you might want to try editing your franchise to give each of the 32 teams a diff makeup (ie one run & shoot, one power running, one strong defense etc). & since it's already possible to trade draft picks to control the order the only downside of that would be that each style would be fixed to a certain city/team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2007, 01:24 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
hmmm what a coincidence.....

he wanted it to function as a roster for a reason; b/c just editing the rookie class of franchise-mode removes your ability to draft an entire team, to give it a certain style (since you would only get to choose legends in a franchise). as a compromise you might want to try editing your franchise to give each of the 32 teams a diff makeup (ie one run & shoot, one power running, one strong defense etc). & since it's already possible to trade draft picks to control the order the only downside of that would be that each style would be fixed to a certain city/team.
Didn't know someone was already working on it! I only made about 80 legends (I don't know many of the legends in APF). Used Finn's editor to put pictures in and have their names called where possible. I just traded to get top 5 draft picks, I'm having fun with it... I have Brian Bosworth, Barry Sanders, Warren Moon, Deion Sanders (I had to put him in). Like you said, the franchise file has my created team as the user team (file is saved just before rookie draft). I guess what I did isn't good for uploading for others to download, but man, I'm having a blast with it. As soon as this season is over I can re-draft, get Jerry Rice and Johnny Unitas
Old 06-30-2007, 04:28 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 8

any update?
Old 07-10-2007, 09:27 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Nice idea

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »