Home

Initial roster tweak

This is a discussion on Initial roster tweak within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2007, 11:59 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Initial roster tweak

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunNgun034
Yo, Dan do you plan on sharing your roster
Once final cuts are made (Sept. 1), I'll be updating my 2k7 roster (which is the one im working on now) into 2k8 and when im finished with that, I'll be posting it here at OS.

Another thing that I forgot to mention before is that all players will have their correct skin tone. I hate it when I see a player black when he should be white and vice versa. It really bugs me. Amazingly, a lot of players in VC's final roster update had the wrong skin tone so I have had to change it accordingly. I would like to make the face as close as possible but since the game is three years old and the faces are limited considering all the players that need to be created, im mainly concentrating on the skin tone but you wont see players with facial hair who shouldnt have any. That's another thing that bugs me. There are also several faces that im not using at all.

I'm halfway finished as I just literally completed OT's. Basically, the offense is done. Thus far, I have already added over 270 players and that's just for the offense and doesnt include the 2007 NFL Draft. Total, im probably going to have around 800 or so players added that werent in the roster file to begin with.

It's definitely been a lot of work and is very time consuming but im loving the way my roster is looking. I honestly cant wait to finish so I can play before I update it (again) into 2k8.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:08 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
Once final cuts are made (Sept. 1), I'll be updating my 2k7 roster (which is the one im working on now) into 2k8 and when im finished with that, I'll be posting it here at OS.

Another thing that I forgot to mention before is that all players will have their correct skin tone. I hate it when I see a player black when he should be white and vice versa. It really bugs me. Amazingly, a lot of players in VC's final roster update had the wrong skin tone so I have had to change it accordingly. I would like to make the face as close as possible but since the game is three years old and the faces are limited considering all the players that need to be created, im mainly concentrating on the skin tone but you wont see players with facial hair who shouldnt have any. That's another thing that bugs me. There are also several faces that im not using at all.

I'm halfway finished as I just literally completed OT's. Basically, the offense is done. Thus far, I have already added over 270 players and that's just for the offense and doesnt include the 2007 NFL Draft. Total, im probably going to have around 800 or so players added that werent in the roster file to begin with.

It's definitely been a lot of work and is very time consuming but im loving the way my roster is looking. I honestly cant wait to finish so I can play before I update it (again) into 2k8.
thanks man, i appreciate your time and your work on this project, this is gonna be really great.

i can't wait for this bomb *** roster.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:08 PM   #35
Rookie

and some one answer my question up there.

i am confused.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2007, 11:25 PM   #36
Rookie

Daflyboys,
I like the way the roster tweaks play. Players do things they should do, that they don't do when the attributes have not been tweaked. But let me ask you this.... I know that Puja21, Convince, and Dan77733 plan on making a roster for the upcoming season. I assume they will all have different attributes based on the differences of the particular roster maker. How will tweaking a particular roster effect gameplay? I can only imagine that you could end up with supermen. What would be a good basis to determine whether a roster should be tweakable? I hope my question makes sense.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:36 PM   #37
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Well, all I can say is check out my tweaking guideline thread here: Daflyboys' Tweaking Guidelines for '07

Since some of the tweaks involve either flat values or distinct mins. and maxs., this will eliminate the superman concern (if I understand what you are saying).
Old 08-08-2007, 12:53 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboneking
thanks man, i appreciate your time and your work on this project, this is gonna be really great.

i can't wait for this bomb *** roster.
You're welcome and just a little update on my roster progress. DT's and DE's are now 100% finished. I have OLB, ILB, CB, SS, FS, K and P left. I plan on starting OLB's tomorrow. Including DT and DE, I have added over 350 players.

While I obviously cant say how my 2k8 roster will play, I can guarantee that it will CRUSH my 2k6 roster in every aspect.

As for your question, I think that's up to the user. I use global edits but I dont use percentages. My suggestion would be to try out different things and see what you like best.

Man, I cant wait to finish my roster so I can start playing. I will admit that creating a roster (especially from scratch) is a lot of work, time consuming, requires a lot of patience and honestly, boring when im creating players. I created 62 WR and I was bored out of my mind but I figure the more I work on the roster, the faster I'll finish and thus can play.

With myself, puja21, daflyboys and (hopefully) others creating rosters for the upcoming season, 2k5 will once again be the football game to play during football season. And I must admit that I love the fact that my 2k8 roster will CRUSH Tirubon's / EA's roster updates for Madden. How sad but funny is that? LOL.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:43 AM   #39
MVP

FunNgun034's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
You're welcome and just a little update on my roster progress. DT's and DE's are now 100% finished. I have OLB, ILB, CB, SS, FS, K and P left. I plan on starting OLB's tomorrow. Including DT and DE, I have added over 350 players.

While I obviously cant say how my 2k8 roster will play, I can guarantee that it will CRUSH my 2k6 roster in every aspect.

As for your question, I think that's up to the user. I use global edits but I dont use percentages. My suggestion would be to try out different things and see what you like best.

Man, I cant wait to finish my roster so I can start playing. I will admit that creating a roster (especially from scratch) is a lot of work, time consuming, requires a lot of patience and honestly, boring when im creating players. I created 62 WR and I was bored out of my mind but I figure the more I work on the roster, the faster I'll finish and thus can play.

With myself, puja21, daflyboys and (hopefully) others creating rosters for the upcoming season, 2k5 will once again be the football game to play during football season. And I must admit that I love the fact that my 2k8 roster will CRUSH Tirubon's / EA's roster updates for Madden. How sad but funny is that? LOL.
YOU DA MAN DAN...YOU DA MAN

EA SUCKS BALLZ....
Old 08-09-2007, 09:38 AM   #40
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunNgun034
EA SUCKS BALLZ....
Please...show a little dignity in my threads!

Though I actually threw in my copy of Madden 07 PC (it was a present). I don't even know where to start without getting a migraine.

Since everyone is talking about what they're doing, I'll mention that I'm going to stay with convince's roster since I already did a major tweak to it. But if people want me to tweak a different roster set somewhere down the line and the roster maker is okay with that, that's a possibility. August-September is gonna be hairy, though, as I'm relocating south.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »