Home

Initial roster tweak

This is a discussion on Initial roster tweak within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2007, 01:11 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Initial roster tweak

yeah, after you finish with this roster it will truly destroy Tirubons roster. keep it up man, you're almost there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2007, 04:23 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 15

Thanks guys for the kind comments. It truly makes creating the roster all the more worth it.

daflyboys.....

If you dont mind me asking, what state are you moving to and what state are you moving from?

ROSTER PROGRESS UPDATE -

I have OLB 100% finished and will have ILB 100% finished before the day ends. When both LB spots are done, I will have added another 70+ players for a total of over 430 players. When all is said and done, add in another 255 for this past draft plus the two players that were drafted by the Ravens and Chargers in the supplemental draft this past July and that's almost 700 players. And I still have to add missing players for CB, SS, FS, K and P. I'm guessing that around 800 or so players will be added that obviously didnt exist in VC's final roster.

The only drafted players since 2004 that wont be added are those who had to retire due to injury (Packers WR Terrence Murphy, 49ers DT Christian Ferrara, etc. ), jail time (Broncos RB Maurice Clarett, etc.) and those who have passed away (Broncos CB Darrent Williams, Patriots DE Marquise Hill, etc.).

As of OLB, I have 106 players rated 90+ which seemed kind of high until I compared it to the Madden ratings. After that, I felt better. See, Madden is good for something. LOL.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:56 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 6

[quote=dan77733;2037644631]Thanks guys for the kind comments. It truly makes creating the roster all the more worth it.

daflyboys.....

If you dont mind me asking, what state are you moving to and what state are you moving from?

ROSTER PROGRESS UPDATE -

I have OLB 100% finished and will have ILB 100% finished before the day ends. When both LB spots are done, I will have added another 70+ players for a total of over 430 players. When all is said and done, add in another 255 for this past draft plus the two players that were drafted by the Ravens and Chargers in the supplemental draft this past July and that's almost 700 players. And I still have to add missing players for CB, SS, FS, K and P. I'm guessing that around 800 or so players will be added that obviously didnt exist in VC's final roster.

The only drafted players since 2004 that wont be added are those who had to retire due to injury (Packers WR Terrence Murphy, 49ers DT Christian Ferrara, etc. ), jail time (Broncos RB Maurice Clarett, etc.) and those who have passed away (Broncos CB Darrent Williams, Patriots DE Marquise Hill, etc.).

As of OLB, I have 106 players rated 90+ which seemed kind of high until I compared it to the Madden ratings. After that, I felt better. See, Madden is good for something. LOL.[/quote]

:y4:
Old 08-09-2007, 04:56 PM   #44
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Eastern PA to Central SC. Gonna miss watchin' the Eagles, but my kid will love that we know will get Panthers games...hehe.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:59 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
As of OLB, I have 106 players rated 90+ which seemed kind of high
not criticizing (& most ppl don't put a ton of emphasis on OVR rating anyway), but i agree it does seem high;

106 rated over 90 equals 3 OLBs per team rated 90 or higher, with 10 of the 32 teams having 4 OLBs over 90.... did you mean 106 out of all linebackers maybe?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2007, 06:42 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
not criticizing (& most ppl don't put a ton of emphasis on OVR rating anyway), but i agree it does seem high;

106 rated over 90 equals 3 OLBs per team rated 90 or higher, with 10 of the 32 teams having 4 OLBs over 90.... did you mean 106 out of all linebackers maybe?
Sorry, I should have been clearer. I have 106 players rated 90+ overall. That includes QB, RB, FB, WR, TE, C, OG, OT, DT, DE and OLB. Sorry about that.

Every team will have 54 players and with there being 32 teams, that equals 1728 players plus 220 players in FA for a total of 1928 players. So far, it's 106 out of 1928 but I havent finished MLB, CB, SS, FS, K and P yet. Right now, the percentage of players rated 90+ is at about 6.5% which I think is pretty good. I dont really want to surpass 10%.

Of course, this is for my 2k7 roster. Players may increase / decrease once I update the roster into 2k8 after September.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:42 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 3

Daflyboys,
Moving to the south is a good thing. Different way of life. You'll have the Panthers or the Falcons to pull for. You can shelf the eagles. They had their run.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:53 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
Sorry, I should have been clearer. I have 106 players rated 90+ overall. That includes QB, RB, FB, WR, TE, C, OG, OT, DT, DE and OLB. Sorry about that.

Every team will have 54 players and with there being 32 teams, that equals 1728 players plus 220 players in FA for a total of 1928 players. So far, it's 106 out of 1928 but I havent finished MLB, CB, SS, FS, K and P yet. Right now, the percentage of players rated 90+ is at about 6.5% which I think is pretty good. I dont really want to surpass 10%.

Of course, this is for my 2k7 roster. Players may increase / decrease once I update the roster into 2k8 after September.
nice

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »