Home

How do I create the 1990 Eagles using History Program

This is a discussion on How do I create the 1990 Eagles using History Program within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2007, 12:33 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
How do I create the 1990 Eagles using History Program

So, I downloaded Finn's Editor and the History Program. I ran the NFL2KSeasonGen.exe and got the necessary output files, but whenever I run the NFL2KController.exe, it just sits there for hours saying "reading names."

Anyone in the know out there? Can someone please walk me through how to use the history program to create the 1990 Eagles or the 1990 Season for that matter?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2007, 02:30 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: How do I create the 1990 Eagles using History Program

this has already been done. see attachment for the 1990 roster, which of course includes the 1990 Eagles.

file is just slightly adapted from warpath's tecmo super bowl file so all credit goes to him. back in april, i was slowly working through his teams alphabetically-- correcting any of the following when necessary: DOB, years exp, college, name spelling, removing/adding extra/missing players, editing positions, etc. i also plan to add real 1990 free agents to the FA list at some point. according to my notes, before getting distracted by the 2007 offseason, i had gotten as far as midway through the Broncos in my editing (alphabetically thru Bobby Humphrey). So, the following teams should be all correct already: 49ers, Bears, Bengals, Bills.

For the remaining teams, warpath already got most everything correct... i actually started working at this just to get the players ages adjusted, so that in year-one of the in-game franchise (04-05 season) they are the same age they really were in 1990. aside from adjusting the info/details it's a really nice playable file IMO. if i remember correctly, the depth charts are already set pretty well for all 32 teams. for expansion teams which didn't exist in 1990, they have the roster of their inaugural season (CAR/JAX 1995, BAL 1996, etc)

direct all thanks to warpath for his hard work on this project. my contributions have been small thus far.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_1990.zip (243.4 KB, 29 views)
Old 08-04-2007, 07:43 AM   #3
Banned

Laettner32's Arena

OVR: 28

Is it possible to send a memory card to one of you so I could use these teams on my NFL2K5? I have both PS2 and Xbox versions, Im just not very tech oriented and reading all these files/zips/exe. is like Greek to me. Thanks for any help!
Old 08-04-2007, 11:46 AM   #4
Rookie

Thanks a ton, Puja! This will be great. I'll move it over using Action Replay later today!
Old 08-04-2007, 11:49 AM   #5
MVP

^laettner32, i'm not sure i should be helping any dookies (wake forest bb alum-- go deacs) but it is 2k5, so i'll go against my principles:

you need to get a product called xbox action replay (AKA "AR") from ebay/ebgames/etc. using this handy tool doesnt require you to be tech oriented at all, or read/understand filetypes. basically, if you can post your "help message" on a web forum, then you can use AR effectively. if you get your hands on one, we will walk you thru it no problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2007, 11:54 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kej2u
Thanks a ton, Puja! This will be great. I'll move it over using Action Replay later today!
thank warpath. until i finish doing the edits/adjustments, i cant even take partial credit. this is his great work. happy to put it on your plate though

Enjoy playing against the likes of Bo Jackson, John Elway, Thurman Thomas, Dan Marino, Christian Okoye, Jim Kelly, Marcus Allen, Joe Montana, etc...

....during Randall's MVP season!
Old 08-04-2007, 12:23 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
thank warpath. until i finish doing the edits/adjustments, i cant even take partial credit. this is his great work. happy to put it on your plate though

Enjoy playing against the likes of Bo Jackson, John Elway, Thurman Thomas, Dan Marino, Christian Okoye, Jim Kelly, Marcus Allen, Joe Montana, etc...

....during Randall's MVP season!
Hell yes, Randall was a beast that year. Plus the birds had one of the sickest defenses in NFL History that year.

Thanks Warpath for the work and thanks Puja for the delivery. I searched using Google all over and couldn't find this file anywhere. This is awesome!
Old 08-04-2007, 12:39 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kej2u
Hell yes, Randall was a beast that year. Plus the birds had one of the sickest defenses in NFL History that year.

Thanks Warpath for the work and thanks Puja for the delivery. I searched using Google all over and couldn't find this file anywhere. This is awesome!
Eric Allen might be my favorite corner of all time-- his fabulous TD returns were something else. Ditto for Fred Barnett on the other side as a deep threat (injuries.. ugh). I'm not even an Eagles fan per say but I loved that team too.

def was stacked: not just allen... Golic, Seth Joyner, Jerome Brown (RIP), Reggie & Clyde, Ben Smith, dirty waters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »