Home

Should season ending injuries affect rosters / depth charts?

This is a discussion on Should season ending injuries affect rosters / depth charts? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2007, 09:24 AM   #9
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Should season ending injuries affect rosters / depth charts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
While im like you and only play one full season, I do care about who's in the FA pool because unless you decrease the overall rating to zero, the CPU may sign players that you have in FA. For example, if I put Vick at 80 in FA, he'll be signed after week one and in my current roster, he would go to the Colts because they only have two QB's on the roster and the CPU goes by team needs. I wouldnt want to see Vick as a backup to Manning when in reality, he would still be under contract to the Falcons despite being in prison and / or suspended.

The CPU signs players in FA based on team needs and is pre-determined in regards to where players will go. For example, I have the Colts, Cowboys and Ravens with only two QB's on the roster. If I was to put Vick at 80 in FA and the next two highest rated QB's are 65 and 60, Vick would be signed by the Colts while the 65 rated QB goes to the Cowboys and the 60 rated QB goes to the Ravens. It's all pre-determined.

That's one of the reasons why im still undecided.
Why not switch player signings (or whatever it's called) to "player" controlled? That way, when you take human control of all 32 teams, you have full in-season control of what happens.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:04 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Why not switch player signings (or whatever it's called) to "player" controlled? That way, when you take human control of all 32 teams, you have full in-season control of what happens.
Those options of "user" and "cpu" controlled only work when you control the team itself. For me to control all 32 teams free agent signings, I would have to play with all 32 teams as "user" controlled and I hate doing that.

I've tried to set all the options to "user" controlled and then switch the teams back to "cpu" using Finn's editor but it doesnt work because once you give up control, the CPU controls everything.

I cant play with all 32 teams "user" controlled because I would have to keep with with injuries, IR and whatnot. There will be 220 free agents in my roster file and I dont have a problem with team's signing FA's due to injury or need as long as it's a player who should be a free agent.

I have a team needs setup in order to limit what the CPU does during the season in regards to player movement but in doing that, sometimes, I'll have players out of position. Nothing really major but say for example, I have 49ers CB Mike Adams and CB Marcus Hudson as CB's in my 2k7 roster because without them, the 49ers only have 4 CB's and the team needs is 6 with a minimum of 5. Both played CB so I dont see it as a huge problem but sometimes, it does become a problem that I like to limit but at the same time, I hate seeing teams with 6 OT's and only 1 C and 2 OG's. That drives me nuts.

Here's the team needs setup in-game -

QB - 3
RB - 3
FB - 2
WR - 6
TE - 3
C - 2
OG - 3
OT - 3
DT - 3
DE - 3
OLB - 4
ILB - 3
CB - 6
SS - 2
FS - 2
K - 1
P - 1

That's a total of 50 as setup by the game itself.

Here's my personal minimum for each position -

QB - 2
RB - 2
FB - 1
WR - 5
TE - 2
C - 2
OG - 3
OT - 3
DT - 3
DE - 3
OLB - 3
ILB - 2
CB - 5
SS - 2
FS - 2
K - 1
P - 1

That's a total of 42 which is the game's minimum limit.

Finally, here's my ideal setup even though it doesnt always work out that way -

QB - 3
RB - 3
FB - 2
WR - 6
TE - 3
C - 2
OG - 4
OT - 4
DT - 4 (3-4 / 3)
DE - 4
OLB - 4
ILB - 3 (3-4 / 4)
CB - 6
SS - 2
FS - 2
K - 1
P - 1

That's 54 players which is the maximum limit in-game and yes, I know in reality it's 42 minimum and 53 maximum but I like all the teams to have 54 players in-game because if not, the CPU will sign the remaining amount of players that is needed to reach 54. For 3-4 defenses in-game like the Ravens, Texans, etc., I replace the 4th DT with a 4th ILB if possible.

A lot of people dont take the team needs into consideration when creating their roster which is a mistake because if you have say 4 FS's and only 4 CB's, the cpu will release the two lowest rated FS's and then sign two CB's to get to 6 in order to meet the team needs limit for that position. By not going by team needs, you'll basically see players who should be in FA on team rosters and players who should be on team rosters will be in FA.

Trust me, I have done a lot of work, testing and research on 2k5 and I know it like the back of my own hand. The only thing that I would say that I know less of is in regards to sliders and such because I dont deal with any of that stuff. I play on Legend as is and that's it. All the sliders stay as is. But anything relating to rosters or tricks or whatnot for franchise mode or "work arounds", I most likely know them all, especially since a good majority of them were in 2k3 and made it over to 2k5. Tee hee.

In the end though, to each his own.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:53 PM   #11
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

Heh, I'm the exact same way, dan. I don't like doing user-control for all teams at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »