Home

Daflyboys' preview roster * Take 2

This is a discussion on Daflyboys' preview roster * Take 2 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2007, 06:21 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Daflyboys' preview roster * Take 2

Quote:
So do you get a lot of guff in general or primarily Skins fans
lol-- to be fair, i definitely get complaints from every fan of non-playoff teams. i think skins' fans may just be eternally frustrated by snyder; he collects all this expensive talent & it just hasn't come together for him yet.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:02 PM   #18
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by vswitzer
I don't know what to tell ya... I thought you were looking for some feedback, and I gave ya some...

I'm not trying to be an *******, and I'm not trying to knock anything you've done... I'm just trying to give you some honest feedback... I got this game the day it come out and have been playing it ever since... So I've got a pretty good feel for the game...

I like what you've done so far, especially with the tweaks and all... seriously I do... and I appreciate the magnitude of it also, trust me... I've logged countless hours in Finn's editor... And sometime last year I abandoned my efforts when I discovered that Puja was going about his roster making pretty much the same way I was, only, well, 1,000 times better...

And you're right, 2 quarters is just small sample size... But from what I'm reading from other posters, they're running into some of the same "problems" I am... I also figured that when I said "after 16 mins of a game (2 8min quarters)" everything that followed would be taken as my initial thoughts, I guess, instead of a definitive conclusion on your efforts...

And my other, withdrawn question is still somewhat of a serious one... I had no idea how finished of a product you were releasing... I didn't know exactly what you were looking for... Positions, Numbers, Skin Tones, ect...

If you really want some honest feedback, from a guy who is ******** OCD about roster accuracy, I'll run through a few more games with the roster and sliders as is and be more than happy to share...

Also, Brady Poppinga is black in the game... and he shouldn't be...
(sorry, second attempt....sometimes responses in OS go into a black hole...arggg)

Yeah, initialy you came off as headstrong, especially for a first posting. I don't doubt your intensity. What I'm looking for is some balance between the animations and improving the QB proficiency. Lately, I'm not getting the results I've had before, but I'm wondering if it's because I've only toyed around in tournament mode. I think exhibition and tourney mode play different from franchise/season. I do appreciate the help with blatant errors for positions and distinct skin tones. But I'm not going to sweat guys who will probably never see the field during the regular season. Thanks.

(P.S....and I appreciate the support puja et al., but can you guys keep this thread on topic please?)
Old 09-09-2007, 04:43 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

Daflyboys,
I moved your rosters into a franchise file to see how they would play since you were discussing that earlier in this thread. When I did that, I noticed that the cowboys have 2 bye weeks in their schedule. Week 3 when they should be playing the Bears and then again in week 8 which is accurate. When I went back into the editor to see what was going on the editor shows the game in week 3 (Cowboys v. Bears). I reload the franchise schedule, move it over to the xbox and.... it is still a week 3 bye. I must admit, I'm confused. I can't figure it out.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:59 PM   #20
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringo
Daflyboys,
I moved your rosters into a franchise file to see how they would play since you were discussing that earlier in this thread. When I did that, I noticed that the cowboys have 2 bye weeks in their schedule. Week 3 when they should be playing the Bears and then again in week 8 which is accurate. When I went back into the editor to see what was going on the editor shows the game in week 3 (Cowboys v. Bears). I reload the franchise schedule, move it over to the xbox and.... it is still a week 3 bye. I must admit, I'm confused. I can't figure it out.
Well, since I didn't set up a franchise file as of yet, I can't speak to what's happening, especially if you're trying to load the current schedule. If you're having problems with bye weeks, etc., then it has to be a function of the schedule being loaded, not the rosters, I would imagine.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:35 PM   #21
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Just a few things I noticed on Minnesota, nothing big at all; Chad Greenway appears to now be the starting ROLB and Peterson appears to be wearing a different number than what you had in the roster, I'm not sure what it was though, I don't think it was 28, maybe 25. Keep up the good work man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2007, 07:28 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 20

peterson was wearing 28 in the highlights i saw
Old 09-09-2007, 10:17 PM   #23
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
peterson was wearing 28 in the highlights i saw
Shouldn't have second guessed myself. It does say 28 on ESPN.com.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:00 AM   #24
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Well, back to the drawing board. I've started to see the effects that switzer et al. are seeing, especially with the passing game. I dunno.....maybe I need to bring some of the elite receivers back to earth some. I think part of my problem was I had tested so many games w/ the Chiefs who had a poor receiving corps, that I didn't test using an elite receiver. It's pretty frustrating.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »